Taylor Swift's album "folklore" expected to go back to #1 in its 7th week after the CMA Performance

Update 7:

Not folklore becoming TayTays biggest record since 1989

Update 6:

Seems after Taylors record-breaking album Folklore staying No.1 for 6 weeks tying with Whitney Houston for most weeks at No.1 Among women, the album is finally letting up 

The album is predicted to be outsold by Big Sean’s new album which is predicted to debut at No.1 for selling 1120-111k units

Update 5: 

Folklore spends a sixth consecutive week at #1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart. She now ties Whitney Houston for most weeks at #1 among women in Billboard 200's history. 

It's almost the the first album to spend this many weeks at #1 in the last four years. :peasants:

Update 4:

Folklore spends a fifth consecutive week at #1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart. She ties Lil Baby’s My Turn for the most weeks atop the list in 2020. 

Folklore becomes the first album to rule for five weeks in a row at No. 1 since Drake’s Scorpion also logged its first frames at #1, Billboard reports.

In its fifth week, Folklore earned 98,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in the week ending Aug. 27 (down 3%).

From Billboard:

If Folklore logs a sixth week at No. 1, it will have the most weeks at No. 1 for any album since Drake’s Views tallied 13 total weeks at No. 1 in 2016. Further, Folklore would be the first album with six weeks in a row at No. 1 since Views, which spent its first nine weeks at No. 1.

Update 3:

She did it again! Taylor Swift's new album folklore stays put at #1 on the Billboard 200 for a fourth consecutive week with 101,000 album units sold (-26%). It's the first album by a female to spend its first four weeks at #1 on the Billboard 200 in nearly five years, since Adele’s 25.

Update 2:

Swift's new album folklore stays put at #1 on the Billboard 200 for a third consecutive week selling 136,000 equivalent album units (up 1% from last week).

Update 1:

It seems that republic records inflated their numbers for WW first week sales! :ricackle: According to Mediatraffic, Folklore has sold 1.013 million units, not 1.3 million units. The album sold 169k copies outside of the US, which are...okay numbers, for Taylor, but r pretty good judging the circumstances internationally.

Taylor Swift's new album folklore blasted to #1 with 844K in sales, Hits Daily Double reports. The album racked up 175m streams on Spotify alone.

Queen of sales omg :omggg:

Earlier:

Republic Records announces Taylor Swift's new album folklore sold more than 1.3 million units worldwide in its first day, eclipsing earlier predictions (down below).

It sets Spotify's global record for first day album streams by a female artist with 80.6 million, is the most streamed pop album on Apple Music within 24 hours with 35.47 million streams and sets the US and worldwide Amazon Music Indie/Alternative streaming record. 

Incredible!

Edzo7gIWkAE_Psb?format=jpg&name=large

Earlier:

Predictions have come in for Taylor Swifts new critically acclaimed record "Folklore"!

The album is now being predicted to sell 450k-650k units; confirmed by Hits Daily Double. The album officially is the #1 most streamed female album within 24 hours (it’s debut)!

Earlier:

Now that Taylor has pulled a Beyonce card, and surprised everyone's wigs that didn't yet book their appointment to Saturn, What do you think under these circumstances will the album sell in its first week? 

A few weeks ago, i and some other people were talking about where Taylors career would go to when she releases #TS8 and whether it will be a success or not. Now that she has suprised releasing a new album, under all of this consequences like:

• Qurantine and COVID-19- Many people (especially in the US) are fearing of going outside amidst the rising amount of cases of corona every day, so less people would be going to the stores to buy the new album
  • Taylor swift is 30 years old- Not meant to be ****** remark, but when a woman in the industry reaches her 30+ era, the industry becomes very discriminating and ****** towards such women. For example- Britney released BJ when she was 32 years, Gaga released Joanne when she was 30 years old, Katy perry released witness when she was 33, and all of these albums underperformed. So, would there be a decrease in sales?
  • Protest- In the US or WW, people are busy protesting against the problems of their country and fighting, such as #BLM . So since many people would be protesting, would they care if TS dropped a new album or not?
  • Billboard has stopped considering bundles

So with all of these problems, how much do you think at most will Taylor swift be able to sell in her first week?

I personally think that the album will obviously debut at No.1 in the billboard charts, but i think Folklore will sell around 250k-350k in its first week. In the UK, i think she will sell 43k over there and probably debut at No.1 or No.2. Internationally, i predict that the album will shift around 540k-670k

What do you think? Let me know :sendinglove:

4. the “betty's garden" edition deluxe vinyl   digital standard ...

taylor-sales.jpg.360eff648dc3dcc051582e7b151bad73.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 3
12 minutes ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

I’m Thinking Number 2, With 250,000 Sold First Week.  I’m Thinking 8 Weeks In Top 10, 25 Weeks On Chart.  I Just Have A Feeling This Album Is Gonna Underperform.  

250k is also a pretty safe estimation since you know...she is Taylor swift. I also have that feeling, because even tho she has smart buisness tactics and a very loyal fanbase, i dont think thats going to be her saving grace. Not to mention the consequences

• Love 1

I think is too early for another album :tbh:.

Taylor sis.. you are following Katy releasing path and that is not a good thing. 

Just because you last work flop, it doesn't meant you should hurry to release something new!! :jl::jl:

You need give time for people to miss you.

• Love 1

Bundles still count if they are available for purchase separately, and they are also available at a lower rate individually. Considering this is Taylor Swift we are talking about, and also the fact that all sales include the "purchase" of the digital standard edition. This should break 1 mil first week easy. She has done it multiple times. She is basically the only artist left that can still do this. I said what I said. PERIODT. :staysalty:

• Love 1
  • Like 3

The Billboard bundle rule doesn't go into effect until this fall, so she can still crush it with some bundles. I know some Swifties will buy all 8 (EIGHT!) variants of the album. Only availalbe for a week at that, which will surely pressure people to move fast and purchase. This is such a smart move on Taylor's part. She knows how to engage her fans and get them to drop those coins even if you're only given a day's notice. I expect a big debut from her. Maybe not 'Lover' levels, but a decent debut week on BB200.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

I FEEL there's a lot of energy behind this. It's going to smash. The world needs this and it's gonna show on the charts. #1 for sure. I'm hoping for at least 500k too. 

Yeah let's not underestimate Taylor Swift people! Lover wasn't that great but still was the top selling album of laster year in album sales. People are excited for this and during a time when people aren't releasing music and movies aren't coming out, we're going to eat this up! 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, BritneyFanatic2014 said:

Yeah let's not underestimate Taylor Swift people! Lover wasn't that great but still was the top selling album of laster year in album sales. People are excited for this and during a time when people aren't releasing music and movies aren't coming out, we're going to eat this up! 

Uhhhh, the album was the fifth-best selling album of 2019...not that I’m saying that’s bad but it wasn’t the best selling album of 2019

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block