Taylor Swift's album "folklore" expected to go back to #1 in its 7th week after the CMA Performance

6 hours ago, Jakeuskhan said:

Also Taylor constantly pushes for her numbers to be updated which is SUPER ANNOYING, if any other main pop girl did this they wouldn’t get away with it. 

I agree. I dont understand how her stand stay she no more cares for the charts when sis, why would she be pulling 16 different versions of the album with different covers and tons of bundles with the digital copy. Also to note, she did this in the last week of billboard counting bundle sales. I am not saying it's a bad thing, but it's quite obvious that she still wants to pull numbers, especially with a very risky album.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Wow, China really does love her, eh? :mhmnod:

1 million sales came from China, and 300k came from WW so she really has a huge chinese fanbase 

I can confirm. China loves her. She’s THE pop girl in China. Nobody touches her here. Not even Ariana.  Kind of like Avril Lavigne in Asia in the early 2000s. Atm she might as well be the most popular western act in China. Regardless gender or genre.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Pbloem19 said:

I can confirm. China loves her. She’s THE pop girl in China. Nobody touches her here. Not even Ariana.  Kind of like Avril Lavigne in Asia in the early 2000s. Atm she might as well be the most popular western act in China. Regardless gender or genre.

Thats cool! i have a question tho...

When britney was in her prime (1998-2004), how huge was she in China? Which was her biggest song from there/?

10 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Thats cool! i have a question tho...

When britney was in her prime (1998-2004), how huge was she in China? Which was her biggest song from there/?

When she was in her prime she was also huge in China. I think in the early 2000s, She together with Avril and Backstreet Boys were the most popular pop artists here. We even had a nickname which translates to ‘little sweetie’ because of her sweet and innocent image during her debut era. When she was mentioned on tv they always called her ‘little sweetie Britney’ instead of Britney Spears. I think her biggest songs in China are the same ones as in the rest of the world: baby one more time, oops, toxic, gimme more, etc. Even though she’s not as active as before in the industry she has reached the legendary status in China and still has a very loyal fan base here. She has also gained a lot of respect in the dance community because her songs are used a lot by dancers and she is a phenomenal dancer herself.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pbloem19 said:

When she was in her prime she was also huge in China. I think in the early 2000s, She together with Avril and Backstreet Boys were the most popular pop artists here. We even had a nickname which translates to ‘little sweetie’ because of her sweet and innocent image during her debut era. When she was mentioned on tv they always called her ‘little sweetie Britney’ instead of Britney Spears. I think her biggest songs in China are the same ones as in the rest of the world: baby one more time, oops, toxic, gimme more, etc. Even though she’s not as active as before in the industry she has reached the legendary status in China and still has a very loyal fan base here. She has also gained a lot of respect in the dance community because her songs are used a lot by dancers and she is a phenomenal dancer herself.

Thats great to hear! so was she bigger than Taylor swift when in her prime in China? when she had her breakdown how did the chinese people and media react to it? 

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Thats great to hear! so was she bigger than Taylor swift when in her prime in China? when she had her breakdown how did the chinese people and media react to it? 

Yeah IMO she was bigger than Taylor in her prime. People here consider her to be as big as Madonna and MJ. When she had her breakdown I was in primary school. All I can remember is it was all over the news and media were quite cruel towards her. She was portrayed to be crazy and unstable. A lot of Mariah Carey breakdown comparisons were made. Fans were sad especially when she lost custody of her children. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pbloem19 said:

Yeah IMO she was bigger than Taylor in her prime. People here consider her to be as big as Madonna and MJ. When she had her breakdown I was in primary school. All I can remember is it was all over the news and media were quite cruel towards her. She was portrayed to be crazy and unstable. A lot of Mariah Carey breakdown comparisons were made. Fans were sad especially when she lost custody of her children. 

Well it does seem media around the world had been very rude and harsh towards britney. In the circus era AKA comeback era, she was also quite huge right? 

Also, out of the topic question, is beyonce popular in China, or unknown since she doesnt perform that great in asia markets?

3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Well it does seem media around the world had been very rude and harsh towards britney. In the circus era AKA comeback era, she was also quite huge right? 

Also, out of the topic question, is beyonce popular in China, or unknown since she doesnt perform that great in asia markets?

Her comeback was a historical event in pop music. Everyone here was kind of expecting her triumphant return because she was so young and had so much potential(which i think she still does). Both Circus and FF did very well here too.

Yoncé also has a huge fan base here. I think the reason why she doesn’t do as well in Asia is because a lot of people here are still quite conservative sometimes even misogynistic deep down inside. Beyoncé is strong and powerful. I think that’s making some people uncomfortable. Which is unfortunate. But young people love her. Also in recent years people here really started appreciating black and hip hop culture. Which I think will help her career in China a lot.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Pbloem19 said:

Her comeback was a historical event in pop music. Everyone here was kind of expecting her triumphant return because she was so young and had so much potential(which i think she still does). Both Circus and FF did very well here too.

Yoncé also has a huge fan base here. I think the reason why she doesn’t do as well in Asia is because a lot of people here are still quite conservative sometimes even misogynistic deep down inside. Beyoncé is strong and powerful. I think that’s making some people uncomfortable. Which is unfortunate. But young people love her. Also in recent years people here really started appreciating black and hip hop culture. Which I think will help her career in China a lot.

Thanks for answering my questions!

I heard too in hong kong britney had a sold out show entertaining 14k people

5 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Thanks for answering my questions!

I heard too in hong kong britney had a sold out show entertaining 14k people

No problem! I heard she was supposed to perform in China too during Onyx Hotel tour. Sometimes I wonder how much of the show would be censored if it wasn’t cancelled.😂

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

No way :omggg:

Please tell me yr joking :zoomzoom:

It’s literally just me against the music, toxic, shadow and everytime with two bonus remixes of me against the music and toxic.real housewives laughing GIF by RealityTVGIFs

they also cut Slave 4 U, the lead single of the album, from the live from Las Vegas DVD, the audacity.

disgusted the vampire diaries GIF

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, Pbloem19 said:

It’s literally just me against the music, toxic, shadow and everytime with two bonus remixes of me against the music and toxic.real housewives laughing GIF by RealityTVGIFs

they also cut Slave 4 U, the lead single of the album, from the live from Las Vegas DVD, the audacity.

disgusted the vampire diaries GIF

:umomg: 

So nobody has ever got to hear the full pop masterpiece “In the zone” is? :tiffanycries: 

Imagine if they cut toxic too :orangu: 

I feel sad for all the Chinese living to this day, think ITZ is an EP :dead: 

I don’t want to imagine blackout and Bionic now :shaking:

2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

:umomg: 

So nobody has ever got to hear the full pop masterpiece “In the zone” is? :tiffanycries: 

Imagine if they cut toxic too :orangu: 

I feel sad for all the Chinese living to this day, think ITZ is an EP :dead: 

I don’t want to imagine blackout and Bionic now :shaking:

I was talking about physical albums. People know it's a full length album since they can still stream or buy pirated CDs. For some reason they think if it's only online it's fine. Things work quite differently here, before an album is released here it has to be checked by state administration of radio, film and television to make sure it's not too ****** or contain subliminal political messages against you know who.

Be Quiet Margot Robbie GIF by Saturday Night Live

Balckout and Bionic were not released in any physical form here at all. You can only stream those. My friend also told me Doja's album cover was censored for some reason. Imagine how tired we are..

Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime

• Haha 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block