Taylor Swift - 'folklore'

Just now, Mgmgmgmg said:

Yeah I def think she has some connection to pieces of these songs, but these songs are so all over the place, I am like how can this all make sense in her life lol. 

Because she's extra AF like Beyoncé, so she wants to be the self-assigned spokesperson for everybody in each corner of the world.

• Haha 2

This album is exactly what I wanted from Taylor. I missed this so much. She took Red and made it more relatable and adult. She put herself up there with Stevie and Dolly as far as singer/songwriters go in my opinion.🤷🏻‍♂️ Not her biggest fan but she’s a monster. Much respect Taylor. 

• Love 3

So I just finished streaming to its entirety...

As I expected, folky/indie sound. I love pop Taylor, but this was much needed. Her voice perfectly fits the production. 
Now, lyrics, OMG lyrics. Yet again, she proves why she has Grammys and why she connects. There were so many lines that made me pause and stare at nothing  thinking how much I relate to them. 
It’s a rainy night in my city, so you can imagine how much these songs were accentuated. 
Upon first listen, these are my favorite tracks: 

-Cardigan (mighty first single)

-Exile (lemme go cry to this one)

-My Tears Ricochet 

-Mirrorball

-August 

Sorry if I didn’t use lowercase for song titles, I think it’s cringy. 

About impact: the GP will not be as into it; critics and stans WILL ADORE IT. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Just finished. Taylor Swift is known for her catchy hooks and melodies. And above all her writing. The hooks are gone but replaced with so much thought.  This is an incredibly well written album. I get why she did a quiet release. It’s so different but honestly very very beautiful and wistful. I can’t wait to dive into the lyrics. 
If anyone is wanting a “bop”, this ain’t that album lol. This is a song writers album! Pleasantly surprised! Very mature. 

• Love 6

So many thoughts....

1. Taylor saw the pandemic and said, a lot of albums aren't going to be put out...let me get my third album of the year.

2.  After "me!" and "you need to calm down" getting dragged for their basic writing she went...LET ME SHOW THEM

This album is so incredibility well written. It's beautiful.  The production is insane.  It's like a more mainstream version of Imogen Heap.  So atmospheric and vibey.

Favorites: The 1, Exile, This Is Me Trying, Peace

Such a good album and a return to form.  So much heart is put in here which I think was missing from Reputation and Lover. 

• Love 5

Hmmm so I’m at this is me trying. So I get what she’s doing,  but I’m not sure how I feel about it. I don’t love it, and I don’t dislike it. It’s just the type of album that’s going to take a lot of listens to grow on me. And it’s gonna be tough, because I love The Chicks Gaslighter album, and I’m still obsessed with Chromatica and Future Nostalgia. I do really love exile though. It’s definitely NOTHING like Lover. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block