Taylor Swift - 'folklore'

I love Taylor. I was a big fan of 1989 and Reputation, and I know she admires Lana and she likes to play to be her sometimes... But this is not Taylor at all. Even the name of the album and some songs, I was like "I kinda know that vibe".

The first single is boring. I'm still listening the album, and I loved "Exile" cause it's strong, but I will see the other songs. 

Hope she gets the recognition she wants for this album. 

for me i was expecting more... 

looks like a bside album..

nothing to shake... the only thing i shake it was my fingers trying to pass every song, for my taste very unsalty album, a vanessa carlton album is more salty than this

Edit: IM Hearing Kanye west single and its for shake that ***:lizzie::lizzie::lizzie:

my vote go for kanye this time

• Leader
1 minute ago, Ultraviolent said:

But this is not Taylor at all.

But... this IS Taylor. This is her right now. If she would've released a continuation of 1989, or Lover or Reputation, she would've been criticized for not growing. 

I'm not done listening to folklore yet but I have mad respect for her making a body of work amidst the craziness going on. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jordan Miller said:

But... this IS Taylor. This is her right now. If she would've released a continuation of 1989, or Lover or Reputation, she would've been criticized for not growing. 

I'm not done listening to folklore yet but I have mad respect for her making a body of work amidst the craziness going on. 

Growing has nothing to do with make an amazing piece. There's a huge difference between 1989 and Rep, but the first listen of Reputation, you were like "WTF! I only hear hits or what?".

I really love "Seven" and "Exile" right now. I hope the rest of the album is amazing. 

• Love 1
  • Leader
2 minutes ago, Ultraviolent said:

Growing has nothing to do with make an amazing piece. There's a huge difference between 1989 and Rep, but the first listen of Reputation, you were like "WTF! I only hear hits or what?".

I really love "Seven" and "Exile" right now. I hope the rest of the album is amazing. 

Yea I hear ya. Reputation was designed to be this larger than life, hit hit hit kind of album.

folklore was designed to be intentionally stripped back. There was no promo roll out, no real lead single. She was just like, 'yea... the world is super scary and weird right now and I felt inspired, so... here'

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Ultraviolent said:

I love Taylor. I was a big fan of 1989 and Reputation, and I know she admires Lana and she likes to play to be her sometimes... But this is not Taylor at all. Even the name of the album and some songs, I was like "I kinda know that vibe".

The first single is boring. I'm still listening the album, and I loved "Exile" cause it's strong, but I will see the other songs. 

Hope she gets the recognition she wants for this album. 

yeah that title the last great American dynasty....

Tay likes "paying homage" to Lana a lot. Miss Americana, Wildest Dreams, etc...

Haven't heard anything that has resonated with me in particular yet...

• Love 1

I hate it when artists release different album covers (eight? really?!) and they don't clarify "this is the standard one". I need an iconic image for each clearly divided era, I'm old school like that. Swifties, please provide said cover (and PLEASE let it be the one with the trees...I won't like any other, honestly. The rest are bland, and her pretending to be aRtIsTIc)

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block