Taylor Swift - 'folklore'

Epiphany second verse is about COVID patient and doctor situation, very Moving song.

[Verse 2]
Something med school did not cover
Someone's daughter, someone's mother
Holds your hand through plastic now
"Doc, I think she's crashing out"
And some things you just can't speak about

[Bridge]
Only twenty minutes to sleep
But you dream of some epiphany
Just one single glimpse of relief
To make some sense of what you've seen

[Chorus]
With you I serve, with you I fall down, down (Down)
Watch you breathe in, watch you breathing out, out
With you I serve, with you I fall down (Down), down (Down)
Watch you breathe in (Watch you breathe in), watch you breathing out (Out), out (Out)

[Outro]

• Love 4
  • Super Mods
50 minutes ago, Isla said:

Okay I decided to cave in and I ordered two of the CD's. I got Betty's Garden and Meet Me Behind the Mall. My first time ordering a physical Taylor Swift CD :orangu: also got the cassette (which is for the standard In the Trees edition). I kinda wanted to get the vinyl for Betty's Garden too as it's in my favourite colour but the vinyls were more expensive. 

I was thinking of getting a vinyl too and the cardigan sweater lol 

• Love 2

I’m going to give this album a 6.5/10. Better than average and has some songs I like a lot, but also a lot I don’t care about. I also think the album drags on and doesn’t have enough diversity to keep it interesting. I’ve never been a fan of Taylor’s fictional storytelling songs either. 

I’ll be honest, I’m kind of bitter about the praise she’s getting. I feel like she’s only getting such rave reviews because it shows her artistic growth from her past albums (which is great), but if this were a new or lesser-known artist, I think there’d be more criticism. It bugs me that Lana’s NFR is rated lower on Metacritic than this album, when this album so obviously took inspiration from Lana, and imo this album is less interesting than Lana’s. 

Favorite songs: cardigan, exile (although the end of it kind ruins it for me), seven (this reminds me of Lana’s very first album under the name ‘May Jailer,’ Sirens), mad woman 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, igmate said:

Epiphany second verse is about COVID patient and doctor situation, very Moving song.

[Verse 2]
Something med school did not cover
Someone's daughter, someone's mother
Holds your hand through plastic now
"Doc, I think she's crashing out"
And some things you just can't speak about

[Bridge]

[Chorus]
With you I serve, with you I fall down, down (Down)
Watch you breathe in, watch you breathing out, out
With you I serve, with you I fall down (Down), down (Down)
Watch you breathe in (Watch you breathe in), watch you breathing out (Out), out (Out)

[Outro]

That one really hit hard on my second listen yesterday, WOW

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, Isla said:

Ddd the cardigan isn't even on the UK store :gloria: 

What blasphemy! I noticed it’s the same company that handles Gaga’s merch too and her UK store is limited in items too. She just release a bunch of new merch too like bandana, hair ties, new shirt designs...she really is going for them sales huh? It’s so tempting to buy them all but I gotta remain sensible!!!!:umok:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Puppy said:

What blasphemy! I noticed it’s the same company that handles Gaga’s merch too and her UK store is limited in items too. She just release a bunch of new merch too like bandana, hair ties, new shirt designs...she really is going for them sales huh? It’s so tempting to buy them all but I gotta remain sensible!!!!:umok:

Yeah I figured it was the same people behind Gaga’s webstore, both are Universal anyway... and yeah Gaga’s UK webstore was missing a lot of merch too but at least we had the UK Chromatica cassette.

• Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block