Who do you think influenced Britney more: Janet or Madonna?

3 hours ago, Jam. said:

Between 2001-2003 with Britney and then ITZ she clearly showed her love for R&B and the Janet influence was clearly seen 

In The Zone is easily as influenced by Kylie Minogue as it is Janet Jackson. And In The Zone is arguably Britney's greatest.

But her 2001 Britney album is just heavily, heavily Janet influenced.

3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Janet. But because of industry racism and prejudice standard's. It went to Madonna cos God forbid they allow a white girl have a black pop star mentor like Janet. 

Unfortunately both MTV and the media and Britney's team all allowed this to happen. Even when she mentions Janet it's a whisper. But her team will allow Beyonce to be mentioned as a mentor and an influence. 

Well Britney's publicity stunt routine was obviously taken out of Madonna's playbook.

But of the two, Madonna and Janet, Britney's performances and music were probably more influenced by Janet.

3 hours ago, Sia said:

She talked about Janet’s show with Andre when they were working on the Womanizer choreography. I believe it was in For the Record.

Clearly she tries to emulate her more.

3 hours ago, Itsricky***** said:

Britney is baby Janet. I wish it was Janet that featured on MATM. They could have had an amazing dance battle. Madonna is so tone deaf and she cant dance for sHAt. 

3 hours ago, Jam. said:

Definitely Janet, I do think she loved Madonna (I mean she was a little girl in the late 80s - early 90s and Madonna was huge back then) but her team probably instructed her to mention Madonna as her biggest influence in interviews as a marketing tool - they’re both white so they could easily market Britney as “the new Madonna”, while with Janet it’d be more difficult to draw the comparisons as Janet was known mostly as a black, R&B artist and Madonna was more Pop/contemporary which is the sound they wanted for Britney. Between 2001-2003 with Britney and then ITZ she clearly showed her love for R&B and the Janet influence was clearly seen 

3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Janet. But because of industry racism and prejudice standard's. It went to Madonna cos God forbid they allow a white girl have a black pop star mentor like Janet. 

Unfortunately both MTV and the media and Britney's team all allowed this to happen. Even when she mentions Janet it's a whisper. But her team will allow Beyonce to be mentioned as a mentor and an influence. 

But there is one thing Madonna Janet and Kylie NEVER did LIVE:

Overrated Dancers" | Page 5 | Lipstick AlleyBritney spears hunt GIF on GIFER - by Whitestaff

Which Period Made You Happy The Most? - Britney Spears - Universe // The  Loyal Britney Spears Fan forum with exclusive news, leaks, media and many  more...Britney: "I can still do the back handspring" - Britney Spears - FOTP

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Puppy said:

She’s mentioned Janet more times than Madonna. It’s Larry that keeps referencing Madonna and oh look he’s part of the Maverick entertainment group now, Britney probably is a huge Madonna fan like us being Britney fans, she grew up in the 80s, my cousin is her age and grew up listening to Madonna. Though when it comes to her work, Janet is more present and even wanted Britney Jean to sound like Janet and that’s supposed to be her most personal album. 

Tell them :lessons:

• Love 3

JANET JANET JANET JANET JANET JANET JANET JANET JANET JANET JANET!

A 100%

I love Janet, and some months ago I was actually watching her whole videography (it's so extense that I still have some videos left) and I was amazed at how many "similarities" or references to Janet there are in Britney's own career. I've been wanting to share these little things that I noticed here and there, but I haven't had the time to write it all down, and I'm actually scared of you guys thinking that I was looking too much into it, or that I was being too picky. I never wanted to look for these things; rather, I was enjoying me some Janet when Britney came to mind many times because of little details in Janet's videos or songs. I'll share some of my findings some day, and I hope you'll be able to see and appreciate them too.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

A 100%

I love Janet, and some months ago I was actually watching her whole videography (it's so extense that I still have some videos left) and I was amazed at how many "similarities" or references to Janet are there in Britney's own career. I've been wanting to share these little things that I noticed here and there, but I haven't had the time to write it all down, and I'm actually scared of you guys thinking that I was looking too much into it, or that I was being too picky. I never wanted to look for these things; rather, I was enjoying me some Janet when Britney came to mind many times because of little details in Janet's videos or songs. I'll share some of my findings some day, and I hope you'll be able to see and appreciate them too.

Oh, please please do share!! That would be so cool!!  :clap:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

A 100%

I love Janet, and some months ago I was actually watching her whole videography (it's so extense that I still have some videos left) and I was amazed at how many "similarities" or references to Janet are there in Britney's own career. I've been wanting to share these little things that I noticed here and there, but I haven't had the time to write it all down, and I'm actually scared of you guys thinking that I was looking too much into it, or that I was being too picky. I never wanted to look for these things; rather, I was enjoying me some Janet when Britney came to mind many times because of little details in Janet's videos or songs. I'll share some of my findings some day, and I hope you'll be able to see and appreciate them too.

I’m sick of everyone always bringing up Madonna. Janet is so underrated in the industry 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Itsricky***** said:

Britney is baby Janet. I wish it was Janet that featured on MATM. They could have had an amazing dance battle. Madonna is so tone deaf and she cant dance for sHAt. 

OH YOU HAVE TO SHUT THE HELL UP AND STOP. 

yes to the first statement, Janet is Britney's 1st influence, but Madge comes very close too. She has everything from JJ, dance moves, similar performance style, similar music at times, even similar shy personality. And her team modeled Britney as the white Janet Jackson. There are a lot of similarities between them. Mostly pinned with Madge for being white and highly successful stars.

But, please Madge is an excellent dancer, she literally started her career as a classically trained dancer, she even went to school for it and got gratuated. Even her professors havw praised her. Madge can dance everything and she is even flexible.

Watch The Blonde Ambition Tour, The Girlie Show Tour and The Sticky & Sweet Tour. She is a better dancer than Britney!! DID YOU GET IT?????

And

But now i wil say this JANET IS A WAAAAYY BETTER DANCER THAN MADGE!

4 hours ago, Puppy said:

She’s mentioned Janet more times than Madonna. It’s Larry that keeps referencing Madonna and oh look he’s part of the Maverick entertainment group now, Britney probably is a huge Madonna fan like us being Britney fans, she grew up in the 80s, my cousin is her age and grew up listening to Madonna. Though when it comes to her work, Janet is more present and even wanted Britney Jean to sound like Janet and that’s supposed to be her most personal album. 

Like the critics said how can it be your most personal album, when you're a private person, outside her Christian song Brightest morning star, where is Britney Jean at a personal level. 

4 hours ago, zxcvb said:

In The Zone is easily as influenced by Kylie Minogue as it is Janet Jackson. And In The Zone is arguably Britney's greatest.

But her 2001 Britney album is just heavily, heavily Janet influenced.

Well Britney's publicity stunt routine was obviously taken out of Madonna's playbook.

But of the two, Madonna and Janet, Britney's performances and music were probably more influenced by Janet.

But there is one thing Madonna Janet and Kylie NEVER did LIVE:

Overrated Dancers" | Page 5 | Lipstick AlleyBritney spears hunt GIF on GIFER - by Whitestaff

Which Period Made You Happy The Most? - Britney Spears - Universe // The  Loyal Britney Spears Fan forum with exclusive news, leaks, media and many  more...Britney: "I can still do the back handspring" - Britney Spears - FOTP

Outside Britney Jean and Sporty spice, nobody does backflips on stage 

It's really only their thing cos they did gymnastics. 

• Love 1