Who do you think influenced Britney more: Janet or Madonna?

• Content Curators
5 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

YOU HAVE TO STOP TO DISCREDITING M'S IMPACT JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE HER!!! STOP WITH THESE STUPID IDIOTIC SILLINESS OH!

Your tagging me yet you hit love on my post :jj: OKAY :tifflmao: you funny :queenflopga:

• Haha 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Definitely Janet, I do think she loved Madonna (I mean she was a little girl in the late 80s - early 90s and Madonna was huge back then) but her team probably instructed her to mention Madonna as her biggest influence in interviews as a marketing tool - they’re both white so they could easily market Britney as “the new Madonna”, while with Janet it’d be more difficult to draw the comparisons as Janet was known mostly as a black, R&B artist and Madonna was more Pop/contemporary which is the sound they wanted for Britney. Between 2001-2003 with Britney and then ITZ she clearly showed her love for R&B and the Janet influence was clearly seen 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Janet. But because of industry racism and prejudice standard's. It went to Madonna cos God forbid they allow a white girl have a black pop star mentor like Janet. 

Unfortunately both MTV and the media and Britney's team all allowed this to happen. Even when she mentions Janet it's a whisper. But her team will allow Beyonce to be mentioned as a mentor and an influence. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods

She’s mentioned Janet more times than Madonna. It’s Larry that keeps referencing Madonna and oh look he’s part of the Maverick entertainment group now, Britney probably is a huge Madonna fan like us being Britney fans, she grew up in the 80s, my cousin is her age and grew up listening to Madonna. Though when it comes to her work, Janet is more present and even wanted Britney Jean to sound like Janet and that’s supposed to be her most personal album. 

• Love 5

Growing up she was influenced by Madonna for sure. She rarely mentions Janet. 

However, I think her artistry followed more in Janet. Even the “good girl gone bad” thing was very Janet. 

Always thought a collab would be cool. But would’ve preferred that with All For You Janet. And 2001 Britney. That would’ve been so sick 

• Love 4