Who do you think influenced Britney more: Janet or Madonna?

3 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

BOMT is her Dreem Street

OIDIA is CLEARLY her Rhythm Nation 1814

Britney nay have followed madges career direction but its more like:

In The Zone is her Ray Of Light+The Velvet Rope (the love child)

Blackout is her Like A Prayer

Circus is her All For You/Music

Femme Fatale is her Confessions

BJ is her MDNA

BOMT isnt her dream street. How can u even say that when one is an R&B album the other is a teen pop. Same as OIDIA. And In The Zone is her LAP, Blackout is her ROL. You dont hv any idea what ur talking about. The only similarities she had with Janet os that she danced and Madonna doesnt really do much of that. 

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Afiq said:

The only similarities she had with Janet os that she danced and Madonna doesnt really do much of that

Well Britney and Janet have lots of similarities:

1 Similar music in a lot of occasions. SHE EVEN WANTED BRITNEY JEAN TO SOUND LIKE JANET. 

2 similar outfits in lots of occasions: short tops, low jeans etc

breathy/ whispery vocals, 

4 Similar performance style

5 similar shy personality.

Britney stated in a lot of occasions that she LOVES and IDOLIZES JANET! Britney even said: shes mesmerizing, i want to be like her.

However all 3 (Brit, Madge and Janet) are all great dancers.

1 hour ago, Leolileinstein said:

Well Britney and Janet have lots of similarities:

1 Similar music in a lot of occasions. SHE EVEN WANTED BRITNEY JEAN TO SOUND LIKE JANET. 

2 similar outfits in lots of occasions: short tops, low jeans etc

breathy/ whispery vocals, 

4 Similar performance style

5 similar shy personality.

Britney stated in a lot of occasions that she LOVES and IDOLIZES JANET! Britney even said: shes mesmerizing, i want to be like her.

However all 3 (Brit, Madge and Janet) are all great dancers.

Outfits vocals and personality is subjective. Britney is shy doesnt mean she tries to impersonate Janet. She also wears a lot of sports bra early on, similar like Madonna. Like seriously Janets fashion is more contemporary. Madonna's fashion is only suitable for 80s fashion. If she wore 80s fashion it would hv been so outdated. These days Britney wore lots of swim suit cut outfit similar like Madonna as she grew older. I dont think Janet ever wore swim suit inspired outfit on stage, even if she did its very rare. As far as vocals. What choice does she hv? She has been directed to sing that way by her record labels. Its not her choice. Britney also stated in many2 interviews she IDOLIZES MADONNA A LOT MORE TIME THAN JANET. So ur argument are pointless. Musically speaking Madonna is much more influential to Britney. Lets not even mention about being provocative which Britney & Madonna loves to do. Janet rarely did anything shocking. Even the **** incident wasnt done intentionally. It was a set up. Again like I said only thing Janet us her dance moves. I never viewed Madonna as a great dancer. Just average in my opinion

• Haha 4

Janet...Have you watched FTR? Girl is obsessed with Janet - she is her ultimate inspiration. Madonna and Britney are nothing alike and TG for that cause i wouldn't feel as much love for her. Britney is a kind beautiful soul that loves music whereas Madonna is a narcissist that revels in the glory and fame. NTY

• Love 4

I know she liked them but Britney was so original from start, nothing like Madonna at all. I think Madonna was influenced by HER and went back to blond and tried to be ****, after having had long black hair and tried to be spiritual. Now she (Madonna) has been doing The blond ******** thing ever sense 2003.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Explicit said:

Janet...Have you watched FTR? Girl is obsessed with Janet - she is her ultimate inspiration. Madonna and Britney are nothing alike and TG for that cause i wouldn't feel as much love for her. Britney is a kind beautiful soul that loves music whereas Madonna is a narcissist that revels in the glory and fame. NTY

This.

Janet. I've never got the Madonna comparison. Christina is more like Madonna. Britney often stole Janet's unused songs (slave is a Janet cast off sorry kids) , outfits, video directors , filmed videos in the same locations, both of their 8th albums are their middle names. Dance routines (Madonnas never danced like Britney or Janet) stronger the chair routine, lucky, overprotected= control , boys "get nasty" 

During her breakdown she constantly played Rythem nation during photo shoots. She was obsessed with "escapade" and it's so similar to her early songs. Lonely from Britney is a carbon copy of "what about" from velvet rope and anticipating is her "all for you" Britney the album is really a mix of Janet and control. 

Madonna really doesn't dance,  not like Britney or Janet. Britney doesn't reinvent herself with every album. I think Madonna would have influenced her but not to the extent Janet did and honestly me against the music is such a Janet song my god I wish Janet was on it the dance off would have been insane instead we got Madonna humping things. Janet was just as big as Madonna till that Superbowl performance, she was the Beyonce of her day. People forget how influential Janet was, without Janet we wouldn't have Beyonce, Rihanna, Ciara, Britney, Alliyah. 

Madonna never did "Urban" r&b dance till after blackout came out. If anything Madonna was influenced by Britney. No shade on madge 

The Madonna thing was all because they both needed hype at the time. Madonna's last record bombed and Briney had a new one coming out. I think Madonna is at best a secondary influence.  I feel like she's more influenced by Prince and Shania than Madonna. The only thing they really have in common are that they are white and sing pop,  where as Janet's a southern girl from dirt poor background forced into the industry from a young age a dancer who made it on fame  TV show first and their videos are far more similar. Also Madonna is a bit preachy and actively makes songs for her gay fans Britney and Janet make accessible music for everyone and while they love their gays I could never see Britney making a deeper and deeper or hung up. Christina is the Madonna, Britney's one of Janet's baby's