Madonna wasn't asked to be on "We Are The World"

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, MadameFreedom said:

Plus if you hear/read tapes MJ said story how they went for a date to restaurant and Madonna was mean to kids that spotted them and wanted their signatures. 

He told her that time to shut up. 

I think they were just to different people and therefore it didn't work out same like MJ and Freddie Mercury. Freddie was doing ***** and party hard and MJ was just sitting and playing in his Neverland and took lama to recording studio while working with Freddie. 

Just different personalities and it didn't work out. MJ worked out with Lionel, Janet or Paul McCartney or his own brothers or Diana Ross. Madonna worked out with Britney Spears for example. 

It happens that artis don't match like in Madonna and MJ case. 

Yeah even she mentions that in an interview bringing up the “in the closet” song as it was supposed to be featuring her. She wanted to go explicit while he only wanted to tease the idea of it not be literal. It’s quite common thing and shouldn’t get butt hurt about it. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah even she mentions that in an interview bringing up the “in the closet” song as it was supposed to be featuring her. She wanted to go explicit while he only wanted to tease the idea of it not be literal. It’s quite common thing and shouldn’t get butt hurt about it. 

The rumor was That Michael was Gay, so of course Madonna was going to go there to add fuel to that fire, But Michael being a prude was against it, since smex is a very adult thing to do.

7 hours ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

honestly i'm glad she wasn't on the track. I think these charity singles that have a bunch of celebrities on them always turn out to be so cringey, saccharine, and pretentious :ugh:

can anyone name a group charity single that they genuinely like? Like one that you would actually go out of your way to repeatedly listen to?

Just Stand Up was abs still is one of my fav songs of al time. 

the rest are just as you put it cringeworthy 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
5 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The rumor was That Michael was Gay, so of course Madonna was going to go there to add fuel to that fire, But Michael being a prude was against it, since smex is a very adult thing to do.

I suspected that was the case but I thought it was due to him being a Jehovah’s Witness 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Applejack said:

The only thing I remember about MJ's opinion on Madonna was that she was a nasty, bad person (in his opinion). That she wasn't invited to WATW isn't a surprise at all.

Wow, I didn't know that.................

Thanks for all the info, guys!

PS: Madonna does have a reputation for being rude and harsh and vulgar though, meaning I don't think it was anything personal against Michael. MJ just couldn't and wouldn't take it, and I'm with him on that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

Wow, I didn't know that.................

Thanks for all the info, guys!

PS: Madonna does have a reputation for being rude and harsh and vulgar though, meaning I don't think it was anything personal against Michael. MJ just couldn't and wouldn't take it, and I'm with him on that.

Well at least she didn't throw sleepover parties with underage boys, so I will take her ''vulgarity'' instead.:jj:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
17 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Another factor, Billboard thought Cyndi lauper was going to have the career like Madonna has. They thought people would get tired of Madonna fast.

Madonna was the Britney of her generation,  Cyndi was the xtina, better voice, But each album less and less impact. 

Cyndi and Cher both admitted. 

The difference between them and Madonna was her drive and ambition. 

Once the thing started rolling she wasn't going to stop until she was at the top. 

People may call her irrelevant or whatever. 

But it's hard to maintain longevity in pop music. 

Even Billboard said when Madonna turned 60, Before Madonna,  pop stars were given a ten year shelf life then automatically has been territory. 

Madonna will be the first star of her wea to see 40 years in the industry since everybody else has died, or just do mixtape and 80s festivals. 

Yes that's what makes Madonna and Britney so different. I remember them calling Britney a one hit wonder when she first started. I think you have two beautiful women with enormous amount of talent pushing. Cyndi Lauper didn't have the talent to survive what 3 years.  Cher did have the beauty and talent and in a fickle world you need both and she is a WORLD TREASURE, TALENT and ICON. It takes more than ambition and drive you got to have the talent and Madonna and Britney do. You just wanna stare at them do anything.  That star power. 

• Love 2
On 7/14/2020 at 4:45 AM, bitbitboi said:

...what? I didn't know that, really? I just feel like MJ was a child mentally (which was obviously a problem), and Madonna was too mature, straightforward and harsh as a person for him. MJ clicked with more sweet and feminine women/people. But from that to hating her, I think there's a distance.

He called her a nasty witch:haha:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

Not a huge fan of her music but Madonna will ALWAYS have my full respect for several reasons:

1. LGBTQI Ally since the beginning. She was fierce about it when the whole world was against it, she didn't back down and didn't give a ****. She didn't do this for popularity; supporting the LGBTQI community back then meant a coffin for your career.
  2. Always Anti-racist. Ever since like a prayer, this queen was unapologetic when it came to promoting and fighting for the rights of black people. Both gays and black people have a lot to thank her for. She was and is our trouper.
  3. Ultimate feminist. Why do you think male artists and managers hated her so much and kept predicting her downfall? Because she didn't fit into their idea of a weak woman singing about girly things and pedicure (material girl may seem like it, but it's actually about her using men the way men use women). Madonna was different, she was ferocious, and this scared weak men ****less.
  4. A fighter. Every time they tried to push her down she got pissed off and buried them. Look at her haters now, where are they? Just a shadow of their past selves. This is because unlike Madonna, they paid more attention to what their competition was doing (Madonna) instead of focusing on their artistry, which is exactly what Madonna did. She did her own thing and beat them all.

Ultimately, I'm very sad that Britney doesn't have this fire in her. She is unfortunately a very gentle spirit who doesn't want to offend others or hit them with them gigantic balls the way Madonna does. I wish she would somehow help Britney...

• Love 3
6 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Always Anti-racist. Ever since like a prayer, this queen was unapologetic when it came to promoting and fighting for the rights of black people. Both gays and black people have a lot to thank her for. She was and is our trouper.

I love how you're ignoring the fact that she said the N-word on Instagram a few years ago.

Anyway, Madonna wasn't exactly a vocalist back then or even now if we're being honest with ourselves, so she wouldn't have added much to the song. Even her name alone wouldn't have changed much since MJ was already attached to the song, so it was gonna be a hit charity single with or without Madonna. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Stefani said:

I love how you're ignoring the fact that she said the N-word on Instagram a few years ago.

Anyway, Madonna wasn't exactly a vocalist back then or even now if we're being honest with ourselves, so she wouldn't have added much to the song. Even her name alone wouldn't have changed much since MJ was already attached to the song, so it was gonna be a hit charity single with or without Madonna. 

Exactly! And not to mention that she was mean to MJ, his sister and kids they met at restaurant but its MJ that is mean because on private tape he called her nasty... I am wonder what you all guys say in private about people that were not so kind to you... 

And We are the world has already enough stars and let's not forget it was recorded back in 80's and I doubt that controversial image of Madonna was what this song needed. MJ was that time at his peak and was much more bigger than Madonna. 

In fact I am happy that they didn't push into cooperation as I think the best collaborations are the ones done from the heart and not pushed. 

And Madonna can only wish to be in Guniness Record Book when it is comes to money given to charity as MJ broke even this record and I remember how my Polish ex first lady and ex president always bring story how MJ was in Poland and went with them to hospitals with bags full of toys. But Madonna preferred to be mean to kids and party hard inside of working for others.

Michael's son Prince continues his charity work in Heal Los Angeles foundation. 

Yeah MJ after seeing how Madonna was mean to kids should think of her when he was making We are the world Song... 

And Naomi was much more better choice for In the closet, music video is much more iconic with her and it much more suited MJ vision of "black and white" idea to show more black people. Making In the closet with idea of Madonna would make just cheap scandal and I would say that MJ got much more bigger than Madonna because he was not just showing his ******** part everywhere. In fact I miss the times when MJ was making songs about equality like We are the world, Black or white, Heal the world, Beat it, Earth Song than erotic songs in Madonna style or current generation and when MJ was making iconic music videos that didn't seem like soft **** and nudity was not all over music videos and songs. The songs with deeper messages. 

I love Man in the mirror and it's music video where even Polish legend is Lech Wałęsa! 

• Super Mods
8 hours ago, Stefani said:

I mean if you really want for one wrong to nullify all the dozens of right things she did I guess its ok to think that way. People make mistakes, she entitled to a few as well I believe. In the end, like i said, im not a fan but you gotta give credit where its due

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Although it would've been nice to hear her on the song, I can understand why they didnt:

cause of her sxy image which was SUCH a controversy since there wasnt sxual female popstars before her.

So maybe they thought she didnt have that "squeaky clean" image that fit the charity theme.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block