Madonna wasn't asked to be on "We Are The World"

• Leader

Legendary musician Nile Rodgers revealed Madonna felt hurt she wasn't asked to be a part of the 1985 charity album, We Are The World.

The album title track was written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie. The album featured contributions from  Prince, Chicago, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Tina Turner and more. 

"I could feel her feeling bad about that," he said. Instead, she got an invite to perform at Live Aid and she made HERSTORY that night. :madance:

madonna-live-ai.jpg.b432d2be880eda903700a4d36456a984.jpg

• Love 3

Well, it's no secret he hated Madonna. 

Several reasons why.

Her open views on the joy Of intercourse was against what a lady should be (prudish like his mom).

When she was dubbed artist of the decade by Billboard,  IFPI and etc..

He forced MTV to name an award agter him why the video vanguard award changed to Michael Jackson Video vanguard award, Hint why Madonna went.

"I never asked you to name an award after Me, Michael who".

Though ironically Madonna was the first artist to recieve the Video vanguard awrd in 1986. 2 years before Michael Jackson.  

• Love 4
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Well, it's no secret he hated Madonna.

...what? I didn't know that, really? I just feel like MJ was a child mentally (which was obviously a problem), and Madonna was too mature, straightforward and harsh as a person for him. MJ clicked with more sweet and feminine women/people. But from that to hating her, I think there's a distance.

• Like 6
26 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

...what? I didn't know that, really? I just feel like MJ was a child mentally (which was obviously a problem), and Madonna was too mature, straightforward and harsh as a person for him. MJ clicked with more sweet and feminine women/people. But from that to hating her, I think there's a distance.

No, I read his biography by a person who knew him, He never cared for her. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Was this where Madonna the performer was born?

Side note: That Michigan accent. :jj:

Madonna the performer was born in the mid 70s, thx to her dance teacher who was more of a father to her Christooer Flynn, who took her to the gay clubs as a junior in high school, This was where she met people like her, The misunderstood , The misfits and the freaks (back then gays didn't want to be seen or associate with straight men, unlike today)

So it goes back then, plus her days of fronting the Very punk rock bands The Breakfast club and Emmy, she basically established herself in the indie rock circuit before transitioning to dance music. 

3 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

The only thing I remember about MJ's opinion on Madonna was that she was a nasty, bad person (in his opinion). That she wasn't invited to WATW isn't a surprise at all.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

honestly i'm glad she wasn't on the track. I think these charity singles that have a bunch of celebrities on them always turn out to be so cringey, saccharine, and pretentious :ugh:

can anyone name a group charity single that they genuinely like? Like one that you would actually go out of your way to repeatedly listen to?

We Are the World? 🤔🤔

The song that invented charity collabs? 🤔🤔🤔

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

honestly i'm glad she wasn't on the track. I think these charity singles that have a bunch of celebrities on them always turn out to be so cringey, saccharine, and pretentious :ugh:

can anyone name a group charity single that they genuinely like? Like one that you would actually go out of your way to repeatedly listen to?

Hands :lizzie:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Applejack said:

The only thing I remember about MJ's opinion on Madonna was that she was a nasty, bad person (in his opinion). That she wasn't invited to WATW isn't a surprise at all.

it was always so clear that Michael was pretty insecure and arrogant. His behavior towards Madonna and Prince shows that he felt threatened by them honestly.

Imagine calling Madonna nasty and bad and being a whole *** p********

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, Applejack said:

From Jermaine Jackson book and according to him good contacts between MJ and Madonna finished when she said something nasty about Janet Jackson. And from MJ's tapes with rabbit she was too vulgar for him. Like she once showed him her fingers and told him to imagine what she was doing with them last night. 

When Jackson was recording his tapes, Madonna was not held in high esteem.

"She is not a nice person," Jackson told Boteach. Jackson revealed how he and Madonna had bickered about where they would socialize.

"Madonna laid the law down to me before we went out. [She said] I am not going to Disneyland, OK? That's out," Jackson said. "I said, 'I didn't ask to go to Disneyland.' She said, 'We are going to the restaurant. And afterwards, we are going to a strip bar.'

"I said, 'I am not going to a strip bar, where they cross dress. ... I am not going to there. If that's how it is, forget this whole thing. ... Afterwards, she wrote some mean things about me in the press. And I wrote that she is a nasty witch, after I was so kind to her," Jackson said.

Here you can see full text from the tape :

https://books.google.pl/books?id=_v4lDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT247&lpg=PT247&dq=Michael+Jackson+about+madonna+tape+shut+up&source=bl&ots=GixkZGekjA&sig=ACfU3U2g3RUeVh78qzeYE0zYUbgD6-ckOQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj7zNr2q8zqAhVAAxAIHcxAC5IQ6AEwAXoECAUQAQ#v=onepage&q=Michael Jackson about madonna tape shut up&f=false

I really think that We are the world has enough stars included and it is still athem for a peace till this day. 

• Love 2

From Jermaine Jackson's book You are not alone:

- "I think Madonna sincerley adored Michael, but the feeling wasn't mutual and she committed two cardinal sins. The first was that she was hell-bent on loosening him up and getting him to see life through her eyes. The second mistake was when Michael went to dinner with her one night and Madonna had the termerity to criticise Janet. Michael was furious and not suprisingly, they never went on another date".

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Plus if you hear/read tapes MJ said story how they went for a date to restaurant and Madonna was mean to kids that spotted them and wanted their signatures. 

He told her that time to shut up. 

I think they were just to different people and therefore it didn't work out same like MJ and Freddie Mercury. Freddie was doing ***** and party hard and MJ was just sitting and playing in his Neverland and took lama to recording studio while working with Freddie. 

Just different personalities and it didn't work out. MJ worked out with Lionel, Janet or Paul McCartney or his own brothers or Diana Ross. Madonna worked out with Britney Spears for example. 

It happens that artis don't match like in Madonna and MJ case. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Madonna the performer was born in the mid 70s, thx to her dance teacher who was more of a father to her Christooer Flynn, who took her to the gay clubs as a junior in high school, This was where she met people like her, The misunderstood , The misfits and the freaks (back then gays didn't want to be seen or associate with straight men, unlike today)

So it goes back then, plus her days of fronting the Very punk rock bands The Breakfast club and Emmy, she basically established herself in the indie rock circuit before transitioning to dance music. 

True...

But what I meant was...Was Live Aid the first time that Madonna was given that kind of platform?

And where she delivered?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block