Chromatica is Gaga's worst album, but "Rain On Me" is one of her best songs (opinion)

Chromatica is hands down Lady GaGa’s WORST album (and I hated Joanne...so that’s saying something). The songs are all over the place, yet all sound the same...the album should be called oxymoronica. (For the record, I am a GaGa fan, but no longer a stan like I was during TFM).

Most of the production on Chromatica sounds dated and would’ve been current circa 2013-2016 when the skrillex (Where are you now) type sound was all over the radio. On Chromatica, it just comes off as dated. Also, as beautiful as Lady Gaga’s voice is, I think she spends most of the album screaming at us rather than giving us harmonies.

:nydisgust:

Another thing that kills the album are the 3 unnecessary interludes. Nobody asked for that and nobody is listening to them. “Stupid Love” was a terrible song and a terrible choice for the lead single (I’m disappointed Max Martin even had a part in that 💩). The writing on most of the songs is terrible. If Britney Jean Spears released “sour candy” as a solo single, exhale would’ve dragged her to the depths of hell. If Selena Gomez or Katy Perry released “plastic doll”  or “911”, exhale would’ve dragged them to the depths of hell. Most of the songs on this album are terrible, but because it’s GaGa, nobody is saying it. Everyone hated “artpop”, but that album was FAR better than Chromatica. The writing on artpop was creative. Everything on Chromatica sounds like “a, b, c, 1, 2, 3”. 

:umwtf:

Now, in a plot twist, “Rain on Me” is one of the best songs she’s ever released. I think her voice sounds gorgeous on the track (this is the only song where she isn’t screaming), I think the writing is creative, and I think the video is stunning. I also like “1000 doves” 🕊 

In conclusion, I want more “rain on me” and less “sour candy”. Does anyone think Chromatica is her best work? gaga-chromatica.jpg.ee94a1c2c6d523e78c44f7e419ca94eb.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 7
  • Content Curators

I agree with you aside from Alice,  Babylon and Rain On Me this album is Crapatica :chrissy:

Ohh I didn't like Joanne ether aside from a couple of songs. Artpop really was her last good album.

• Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

The album is influenced by 90s dance music and a lot better of the music from that era sounds the same (as far as dance) :runga:

As a 90s kid I love the album and enjoy Rain on me, have grown fond of Stupid love, feel replay :lollipop: along with Sour candy, Free Woman and Plastic doll. Even Babylon is cheeky :makeitrain: but we all have our opinions and I feel Joanne is her worst album. Maybe in a while you’ll come around? I didn’t appreciate artpop until this year :idkney:

• Like 4

Why do y'all keep saying that Stupid Love is terrible and a bad lead single choice? What else was she gonna release at the time? I don't even think ROM was finished when the lead single was chosen, and there isn't any other single worthy song on the album other than Sour Candy (maybe), but the GP don't stan K-POP.

‘Chromatica’ is a good album in terms of pop music, but it pales against Gaga standards. Do you remember when starlets and pop stars in general tried to emulate her sound in 2010-2012? It sounded well, but it wasn’t IT. That’s how I see Chromatica, as if Gaga was trying to recreate herself, and she stopped halfway.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block