Chromatica is Gaga's worst album, but "Rain On Me" is one of her best songs (opinion)

2 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

‘Chromatica’ is a good album in terms of pop music, but it pales against Gaga standards. Do you remember when starlets and pop stars in general tried to emulate her sound in 2010-2012? It sounded well, but it wasn’t IT. That’s how I see Chromatica, as if Gaga was trying to recreate herself, and she stopped halfway.

You said it much better than I did! I’m so glad I’m not the only one. I knew I wasn’t crazy 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Stefani said:

Why do y'all keep saying that Stupid Love is terrible and a bad lead single choice? What else was she gonna release at the time? I don't even think ROM was finished when the lead single was chosen, and there isn't any other single worthy song on the album other than Sour Candy (maybe), but the GP don't stan K-POP.

Serious question, if “stupid love” was Britney’s lead B10 single, would you think it was a good choice? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Multiple people on here think Chromatica (aka oxymoronica) is trash in general. 

:comingthru:

Well I think that’s painting with too broad of a brush. The album isn’t a total slam dunk, but it’s got plenty to offer.

Stupid Love was definitely a bad choice and I still don’t like that song v much. Enigma and Sour Candy are also disappointing, but the rest of the album is good imo.

especially the interlude buildup to 911... it’s epic so for people to call out that song in particular shows the blind criticism of some of this thread

1 minute ago, SJK said:

I think this album is solid. 
Reminds me of 90’s dance music. Also sounds like that something Abercrombie & Fitch would play way back in the 2000’s. 

Totally. It doesn’t sound outdated to me like some ppl on here were saying. It’s a cohesive throwback of sounds from the late 1980s-early 2000s. But it has modern bells and whistles to make it fresh enough to enjoy today.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Towelney said:

wendy williams omg GIF

First, I’d like to say I actually like Joanne. :unbothered:

I find Chromatica to be a grower (not a shower :demi:). The only song I still hate is 911.

Relatable.6ce39bc9f21b870fe946d1cce3caa6a2.gif

As for the album, I wouldn't call it the worst but it's OG Gaga so can't complain. Rain on me turned out to be a summer anthem.

Also, at this point of her career, she'll always be compared to her older self and people will never be fully satisfied (kinda like Prime-ney, etc.)

Edited by Geralt_of_Rivia
  • Love 1

I like some of the songs, but I do wish she would have been more innovative with new sounds. I miss old GaGa, but I think she can be crazy and artistic in a fresh, new way rather than emulating her look and style of music from earlier in her career. Love the Rain On Me video tho

• Love 1
  • Like 2

"Chromatica" is amazing because you can tell it comes from her heart, she sounds happy and free. The melodies are beautiful, and the whole album has a cohesive sound. You cannot ask more from an artist.

The only song I cannot even stand is "Replay", but strangely enough it's most people's favorite track, so weird...

• Love 1

I am growing tired of so called media organisations promoting click bait. 

Why do certain individuals constantly seek validation in any shape or form even if it’s based on thin air or rooted in a need to knock an artist to their knees?

Chromatica has been praised by critics almost universally. Who are you? What qualifies you to become a critic?

Why does Jordan decide to make BH a platform for haters. Don’t we have twitter for this? Why can any Tom **** or Harry review big album releases. 

Simples: clicks, engagement and money - the dollars are rolling in for this post as you read this. 

Really a sad time for pop journalism 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Stefani said:

Why do y'all keep saying that Stupid Love is terrible and a bad lead single choice? What else was she gonna release at the time? I don't even think ROM was finished when the lead single was chosen, and there isn't any other single worthy song on the album other than Sour Candy (maybe), but the GP don't stan K-POP.

So because she didnt have any other options, we should all like stupid love? :surejan:

Its a bad song regardless of circumstance. If she didn't have anything else, she should have postponed it. 

• Love 2

it's a solid album in general, not what i expected, which is the un-expected.  :howdareyou:

it didn't sound "fresh" at all, though i appreciate the no ballads, cuz i HATE ballads, also it has some good songs that i personally enjoy, sour candy isn't a game-changer, but it's a bop, replay, 911, babylon, plastic doll, maybe rain on me. the rest is meh or a-ok. :fran:

i'm glad that she's at least out of that "country jazz" bs. cuz no mam :clicktina:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I loved the album! :blast: how is it her worst album lol? It might be a okay album not up to Gaga’s standards (to some) but it is FAAAAR from “her worst album” :pleaseshhh: maybe because you don’t like disco/house (ironically, you like Future nostalgia which was a disco album) that must be the reason you don’t like it. However, imagine calling it her worst album lol :slowdown: 

19 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

The writing on artpop was creative.

Your just a pig inside a human body
Squealer squealer squeal out you're so disgusting
You're just a pig inside”

”I've overheard your theory
"Nostalgia's for geeks"
I guess sir, if you say so
Some of us just like to read“

”Walk down the runway, but don't puke, It's okay
You just had a salad today, Boulangerie”

:umwtf:

From what I know, even a 5-year old could’ve written better lyrics :clownery:

Theres a reason why Artpop has a 65% meta critic rating and Chromatica has a 79% rating. Chill

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

"Chromatica" is amazing because you can tell it comes from her heart, she sounds happy and free. The melodies are beautiful, and the whole album has a cohesive sound. You cannot ask more from an artist.

The only song I cannot even stand is "Replay", but strangely enough it's most people's favorite track, so weird...

Chromatica was outstanding! I loved the whole meaning behind the album which was “healing”. It has so many gems like free woman and plastic doll and classic-gaga tracks like 911 and Babylon. 
I love replay tho :straddle:

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I loved the album! :blast: how is it her worst album lol? It might be a okay album not up to Gaga’s standards (to some) but it is FAAAAR from “her worst album” :pleaseshhh: maybe because you don’t like disco/house (ironically, you like Future nostalgia which was a disco album) that must be the reason you don’t like it. However, imagine calling it her worst album lol :slowdown: 

Your just a pig inside a human body
Squealer squealer squeal out you're so disgusting
You're just a pig inside”

”I've overheard your theory
"Nostalgia's for geeks"
I guess sir, if you say so
Some of us just like to read“

”Walk down the runway, but don't puke, It's okay
You just had a salad today, Boulangerie”

:umwtf:

From what I know, even a 5-year old could’ve written better lyrics :clownery:

Theres a reason why Artpop has a 65% meta critic rating and Chromatica has a 79% rating. Chill

Without rain on me, Chromatica would have a 55% meta critic rating

:clownery: 
rain on me is the only thing saving the album...and kpop fans streaming sour patch 💩

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block