Chromatica is Gaga's worst album, but "Rain On Me" is one of her best songs (opinion)

1 minute ago, Brat said:

I think Sour Candy was to promote Kpop to the general public and introduce BLACKPINK as well 

Im pretty sure Interscope made them do the collab since they’re both on Interscope. Kinda like make me with G-Eazy and slumber party with tinasha 

:umwtf:

I beg to differ. :disbelief:

I agree that most of the songs sound familiar somehow, but this album is like a therapy for me, especially tracks like Fun Tonight, Sine From Above, Alice, 911 and Rain On Me. I have dissociative identity disorder and it's been a rough year for me, and she's helped me a lot with her simple yet on-point lyrics. I absolutely feel her, even though we have different struggles.

So Justice For Chromatica! :nynod:

• Love 5
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I don’t understand this love for 911. :nyheadache: There’s only two 911‘S that I will ever recognize:

• Fire Burning by Sean Kingston 
(Somebody call 911, shawty fire burning on the dance floor, whoa-oh)

• 911 by Britney. 

Not Sean Kingston!!! :haha: I haven’t heard that name since 2009

twerk gif GIF

• Haha 2
  • Super Mods

At first I felt like that about the album but it grew on me. I began to understand that it was a creative choice to do the 90s house throwback as her lyrics are quite sad so I took it as she was feeling nostalgic and using that to tie everything together. 

Im angry still that she made Babylon so Vogue, it’s like she’s trying to remind us of Born This Way, another reminder of the old Gaga. 

like a lot have said, it feels half baked but  it’s a solid album for me. Definitely better than Joanne, it just feels right and classic Gaga which was the intention but it works. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Love this post/opinion being shared. I agree with most of it.

if I had to rank her 5 pop albums, it would be the same order as they were released. BTW and TFM May be 2 of my top 10 albums of all time. Artpop was great but not set up for mainstream success(weird costumes, GUY being about power-bottoming, DWYW video being scrapped). I like Joann & Chrom but over half Of the tracks i deleted off my Spotify.

with Chrom, I did like the 2 singles. And I enjoy Babylon and Fun Tonight. I find most tracks to have little substance, yet are over-dramatic for no reason. I’m not a hater and I’m really trying to love the album more, but I find Chrom to lack lyrics, diversity and depth. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Alxatc said:

I like some of the songs, but I do wish she would have been more innovative with new sounds. I miss old GaGa, but I think she can be crazy and artistic in a fresh, new way rather than emulating her look and style of music from earlier in her career. Love the Rain On Me video tho

The music video is a masterpiece

• Love 1

I Actually Agree.  I Thought Chromatica Started Off Great.  I Was Literally In Love With Stupid Love When It First Came Out And Still Play It Regularly.  Rain On Me MV Is Iconic And Will Hold Up For A While, The Song Itself Is Lacklustre And Not What I Was Expecting.  Then There’s Chromatica, The Album At First Glance Is Actually Really Good, It’s A Step Up From Joanne.  But, The Production Of The Album Is Absolutely Her Worst To Date.  The Thing About Gaga Is That She Always Has Flawless Production On Her Records, Not Once Has She Failed In That Department.  Until Now, Every Song On Chromatica (Except For The 2 Singles) Sounds Like A Demo, Not Even A Good Demo, A Demo That Lacks Togetherness.

• Love 1
  • Leader
10 hours ago, Stefani said:

Why do y'all keep saying that Stupid Love is terrible and a bad lead single choice? What else was she gonna release at the time? I don't even think ROM was finished when the lead single was chosen, and there isn't any other single worthy song on the album other than Sour Candy (maybe), but the GP don't stan K-POP.

The hate that Stupid Love gets I0 :cackling:

It's a great pop song and I think it's going to sound even better with time. I said what I said. 

7 minutes ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

I Actually Agree.  I Thought Chromatica Started Off Great.  I Was Literally In Love With Stupid Love When It First Came Out And Still Play It Regularly.  Rain On Me MV Is Iconic And Will Hold Up For A While, The Song Itself Is Lacklustre And Not What I Was Expecting.  Then There’s Chromatica, The Album At First Glance Is Actually Really Good, It’s A Step Up From Joanne.  But, The Production Of The Album Is Absolutely Her Worst To Date.  The Thing About Gaga Is That She Always Has Flawless Production On Her Records, Not Once Has She Failed In That Department.  Until Now, Every Song On Chromatica (Except For The 2 Singles) Sounds Like A Demo, Not Even A Good Demo, A Demo That Lacks Togetherness.

🎶 plays Alien: “I’m not alone, not alone, not alone.”

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block