BLACKPINK’s “How You Like That” music video sets YouTube record for most views in first 24 hours

The song is definitely a grower, and caters to a more hiphop vibe. Maybe this is deliberately designed for their US market/straight male market and the general public. For sure some songs from the album will have more pop songs with real melodies. I have my high hopes for them. This is blackpink after all. Btw they’re already setting new records with this song so 🤷‍♂️ Haters keep hating 🖤💕

I had mixed thoughts when I first heard it. It didn't stick right away as Kill This Love or their previous lead singles did. But after a few listens, it's definitely grown on me. Hopefully the next singles are more pop. They look bad-*** though, them visuals :gloss:

Like I always do (especially with) K-pop is to listen to the song WITHOUT watching the music video. So I listened to this once, and I was unimpressed. Then I listened to it a second time, and it was ... OK, whatever. And now I don't want to watch the video because I know I'm most probably going to be blown away by the visuals, but I already know it's not worth my attention because to me the music always comes first.
I recommend you to listen to BIGBANG's "MADE" album, oh my.......... It is a great record (minus the song "Girlfriend", a filler). That could be a pop classic in the occident.

It's crap.

Kpop needs to go back to the time when groups experimented with themes and concepts. These girls on the other hand keep releasing the same song with an identical music video and get praised for it. What a joke.

2NE1, SNSD, T-ara, WG, KARA - These were real kpop groups. 

I LOVED THIS SONG!!! I watched the music video like 50 times. It's such an ear worm. I don't even stan BLACKPINK or K-Pop in the slightest but this makes me want to explore. I plan on listening to their album when it comes out. This is so sick! I've already got some of the choreo down.

I don't like the song. It lacks the impact of their previous releases. Even songs I don't really like, like Dddd, I can see the power and why people love it. Idk about this one. Maybe they keep the good stuff for the album release but my hopes aren't high. The visuals are good, not their best. Althought I think Jisoo looks better than ever.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, SexyLove said:

It's crap.

Kpop needs to go back to the time when groups experimented with themes and concepts. These girls on the other hand keep releasing the same song with an identical music video and get praised for it. What a joke.

2NE1, SNSD, T-ara, WG, KARA - These were real kpop groups. 

I've been listening to kpop since 2009 and youre absolutely right. I was a Blackjack and enjoyed 2ne1's music and performances so much. I also stanned 4minute, afterschool and sistar so hard. Nevertheless, all the groups had their own image and brand, the variety was amazing. I agree that kpop artists stopped exploring completely, but im hoping Blackpink comes up with something better :mj:

I miss my 2NE1 babies but at least Park Bom and CL are still releasing music. Park Bom is doing very good, she achieved an all kill with Spring, my baby Bom, I'm so proud of her. She's like the Britney of kpop when it comes to media craze :wontcry:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block