If you had the chance to meet Britney, would you?

theannehedonia

Would you meet Britney, if you had the chance?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met her in 2017 and it was "meh". I was not majorly disappointed. It was as advertised (I read a lot about other people's experiences on here before I had mine). 

I actually had one of the better meet & greets and pictures. I cried when I saw the pic because I expected it to be really bad and it was actually quite good. She obviously doesn't like doing the meet & greets and her team and body guards are really annoying rush you through everything. I still love Britney, the M&G didn't ruin it for me. I would've spent the rest of my life wondering "what if..." so I am glad I did it, but I probably wouldn't do it again. 

10 hours ago, Theonetheonly said:

I’ve been a massive fan since sometimes - I didn’t like BOMT - I know I know .... gutted I never got to see her in her prime and I feel it would totally ruin my love for her if I had a bad experience - the meet passes are super expensive and I feel you should get a little more for the cost but deep in my heart {jokes} I would love to meet her.. she got me through so much growing up and even today she’s more that a singer to me.britney spears GIF {always}

Yes i think the same, i prefer spending the 2500 staying with her on tour and see the show in some cities or at least see various POM Shows at time (it was my plan but i only attended one at first row at least but she brokes her knee on 2015 , i was at that show, at least i saw her once at pom) because it was it means more to you , that what means for her. 

11 hours ago, kasavas said:

I don't think that's bad. Performing makes her happy. When the lights turn on and she sees a whole stadium cheering for her it only makes sense for her to smile if she enjoys it. She doesn't have to be like that backstage as well.

Mmm i don't know if you stand shakira but this i tell you in the dorado and sun comes out tour, she have like a b stage in both concerts, and in the dorado she stays like 3 minutes in that b stage before she gets there, but when the lights are turn off, if you are in front of her you can see, and she seen so angry and didn't greet anybody. In the Sun comes out tour she get into the stage by the b stage and also she stays the middle of the show in the b stage and as  i said it looks everything so acted and not genuine.

Shakira in her starts at least in my country venezuela, she meeted fans on radio stations, on the hotel, on everywhere.

I would.. but with a normal condition. No M&G..

I imagine like sitting on the bar in some city where she hides her face with sunglasses or smth and nobody has an idea who she is (just to be relaxed).. and I will pretend that I don’t know her.. when we will have some casual talk.. if she opens up it would be great.. then she will like me and we will be friends and look around like tourists..

after some time I will try to know how she feels about everything (to make sure she’s ok with her life).. after it is will ask questions about original doll, rebellion, jt, kf, her family and c-ship.. 

I can advice some things from my side if she wants to..

and then I will log in here and delete my account not to say something to anyone (nobody will believe me but still it would be right thing to do) :mcry:

It’s a hard one because of course I’d love to say I met her but at the same time we all know how awkward and uncomfortable she gets I can’t bare to think how I’d feel going to a M&G and her dismiss me. That would break my heart literally because I idolise her and her music has helped through really tough times in my life. 

I’d love to be somewhere and randomly bump into her on holiday or something. She seems to be better in a more spontaneous/casual encounter probably because she doesn’t have to force it. I guess that’s only human nature 

this is a really hard one. if I got the opportunity I wouldnt be able to turn it down because I absolutely love Britney. BUT because of her anxiety, I would be so worried about how do I react? Because I would instantly wanna go up and give her a massive hug and tell her how much I love her but because of her anxiety,, I would have to really rein myself in and act calmly. But then again, im in a wheelchair and have cerebral palsy so part of me thinks because of my disability, she wouldn't feel as anxious around me. But I think I would let her take the lead and I would be nervous if I did something unintentionally that freaked her out. even as simple as if im having a photo with a female friend, without thinking I always put my arm around them automatically. i'd be scared I did that without thinking and Britney clammed up and things got awkward

its really sad because im also a massive fan of p!nk and if I had the option of meeting Britney or pink, i'd definitely choose pink. and the reason is pink is so comfortable around people even strangers and shes openly said she'd hug anyone as long as they didn't have bad BO which is fair enough haha. and ive seen photos of her giving people she has just met hugs and the photos taken at her M&Gs, her fan and pink always have their arms around each other and it seems so comfortable and pink never looks awkward. And I wanna stress, im not going yehhhh pink, britneys a awful person because I totally understand why Britney is so guarded now and wary of people. I blame her father, kevin and the 'people' around her because she wasn't like that in the very early days. I just wouldn't be worried about how I was acting with pink whereas with Britney I would be rethinking my every move

20 hours ago, brycetippe said:

I’m on the fence. I’d almost feel bad. She seems so uncomfortable around her fans/people she doesn’t know, and I don’t think it’d be that fulfilling experience for either of us. There’s that phrase ‘Don’t meet your heroes’ that comes to mind. 

Would you? Also for those that did meet her, what was your experience like?

I get that. but I think I would still want to meet her. I've been a fan ever since I saw the "Sometimes" video in the summer of 1999. I adore her and no matter what, I think I'd just appreciate the fact that she knows who I am. Whether or not she'll remember me is another thing… lol

On 6/10/2020 at 9:20 AM, Jamiea1112 said:

Hmmm.

Not sure.

I've met her 3 times (x2 Vegas & x1 on POM Europe tour).

The 1st time I was the only paying fan that done the m&g (with some radio contestants) so was so personal and got to say everything I had on al letter and dance infront of her.

2nd time was the week of Glory release & VMAs so was sold out obviously. Again, as someone said above- she was still in a good mood but they were more 'OK, NEXT' type attitude.

The Glasgow m&g (whilst she did pretend to remember me ha) is obviously during jacket-gate and we know she was off this whole tour. She seemed bit more fragile, but nice to me. Security lunged at me for sticking my two fingers up behind her head and sticking my tongue out so that made her bit more awkward haha!

But I came out that m&g saying to my friends 'that's it. I've done it. I've met her 3 times. I'm not getting anything else from it'. Like... there's no need to keep meeting her as you have nothing new to say really ha.

I would tell every fan to do it if they get the chance. However I completely understand peoples apprehension.

How did the photos turn out? Awk smile or genuine? ..share plz :D 

Depends in what context. For example, I would never ever do a meet & greet. I can imagine how exhausting meet & greets can be for celebrities. Posing and meeting with fans every 2 minutes for like one straight hour long (or longer). By a lot of celebrities its all fake and forced, not personal at all, and all about the money and 'fake' bonding with fans.

Its fun for celebrities when they just starting their career, but after 20 years in Britney's career i can imagine Britney is less interested in doing meet & greets.

But I would love to bump into her in the supermarket, and trying to get her attention/a chat with her AFTER her approvement. Those are the only moments that are pure and real. Like that fan that bumped into her at Disney and got a selfie with her in Disney 2016

I did meet her at M&G but I was so starstruck to maintain a decent conversation and ended up only repeated things I'd already mentioned in the 10-plus seconds (but felt like an eternity) when I met the angel from heaven.

But, if I had the chance to meet her again, I'd love to, and it'd be better if I had the power to help her in any way.

On 6/10/2020 at 11:14 AM, Britney-fan12332143 said:

I met Her During the Circus tour. I was 12 at the time and what i remeber then was that she was very sweet. During that time she also seemed Confident. I have not seen her since then. 

You got to meet her? Deets! I did the backstage tour and the closest we got was pass by her dressing room. The due was cool and said we could scream out how much we love her as we passed by. But that's about it. A door between us fans and her lol. 

On 6/13/2020 at 7:53 AM, AmyIsMyDrunkAlterEgo said:

How did the photos turn out? Awk smile or genuine? ..share plz :D 

Not sure about the whole photo uploading deal (if you need to use a photo sharing site etc). So tried to link my IG so you can see.

I’m happy overall with min. Honest feedback welcome 😂 ...

Archived