Can a disco pop inspired record a la Chromatica be what Britney needs at this point in her career?

PARKBOM

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She has to do a good strong pop album, real pop with choruses that you can actually sing, maybe with some 90's rock/alternative vibes on the ballads/mid tempos. And moreover good meaningful lyrics! I would have love her to sing Nightmare (by Halsey), Slide away and Mother's daughter (by Miley).. obviously a strong bop as Physical (by Dua Lipa) would be great. 

I like Chromatica.

However, it’s basically a more cohesive and polished ARTPOP redux. It is not going to age well.
In fact, it already has embers of a dated sound because it harkens so much to the late ‘90s & early ‘00s Euro-dancepop of Aqua, A Touch Of Class, etc...not to mention Madonna’s Music album, and the generic retro-house beat of Sour Candy that matches Swish Swish, amongst others.

I would rather Britney did not create an album similar to this, because it would be over-processed like Femme Fatale - or worse yet, Britney Jean - and very flash-in-the-pan. There has generally always been a simpler, cooler, less-tryhard quality to Britney music, and it should stay that way.
I’d like to expect Britney to at least go the Janet route with later-in-the-game bangers like Feedback & Burn It Up. But Mood Ring is one of my favorite songs, and I believe there is a lot more there that she needs to explore as well. 

It wouldn't work imo. She needs something more contemporary and less nostalgia-driven. I thought Make Me was a step in the right direction, only it would've benefited a lot from featuring a rapper who was more well known with more than just one hit. :ehum:

I won’t admit anything because Chromatica is far from being sonically amazing. I think what I love about her this era is the marketing strategy. They were very consistent with the direction of the album, the theme of the album is also well placed, but that’s it. 
Gaga follows the trend that Dua Lipa started. Future Nostalgia did it for me - a very good album. 

Britney really must comeback with an album that sets her apart from this trend. I want her to speak about her lowest points in her career and personal life. Blackout sound will work for Britney. We all f deserve authenticity from Miss Britney otherwise she can keep it. 

I love Gaga’s new album but let’s not act like four or more big artists didn’t release disco/80’s inspired music before Gaga. 

Its trendy and I rather Britney do something different. Especially since by the time she would release it will be beyond tired. A new album is like a whole year out at least. 

lest we forget Blackout birthed The Fame and Gaga herself said before "Britney Spears doesn't need any frickin' tips from me. Britney Spears is queen of pop, I was learning from her." :tiffanynod:

Mood Ring which doesn't sound anything like Chromatica was able to compete with no promotion, so no to a Chromatica-inspired album :clicktina:

NO!

Chromatica is an ok album, I only like 5 songs, but the album is nothing groundbreaking or new. It's actually quite generic. Britney needs another album that sets the tone for the coming years, like she did with Blackout and In The Zone. She has always been a trendsetter and her next album needs to be a huge reinvention of her brand. I would like to see her experiment with new sounds and deliver something that stand the test of time. So no, Chromatica is nice for the moment with some highlights, but not for Britney. She is bigger than that.

I think Britney always was doing something different. Her music was developing forward and I was it to stay that way. She can take elements from some eras of course but it has to be new. She was a trendsetter and i want it to stay that way.  Maybe only if it will be her old material based or smth.. Also I want to hear "Britney" era kind of music from her but I don't want her to copy some other current artists.

p.s. I don't like that disco sound :ugh: (maybe that's why I like ABBA and MJ only from that eras.. They don't sound that way). 

31 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Britney shouldn’t follow trends, when she does we end up with albums like FF and BJ that end up sounding generic and don’t age well! She should stick to doing her own thing like she’s done for most of her career! 

Can't agree on FF. She wasn't following trends there. She was following + improving her own trends. FF has outstanding sound.

I don't know about BJ thou.. It's clearly unfinished album with unfinished songs.. maybe that should be something new? :calculating:

16 minutes ago, NewDisplayName said:

Can't agree on FF. She wasn't following trends there. She was following + improving her own trends. FF has outstanding sound.

I don't know about BJ thou.. It's clearly unfinished album with unfinished songs.. maybe that should be something new? :calculating:

While yes Britney pushed things a little further on FF it was still a trend following album and was super generic and has not aged well because of it! BJ was total trend chasing, it’s clear RCA was looking for easy hits and scrapped the original concept of a personal album. 

Well, at least if the team B wanted to do something like that and spend little money and have little work, they could grab old Britney photoshoots and even videos to recreate an era with chromatic vibe:

Gaga:

Lady Gaga

Brit:

Pin on Woman crush

Gaga:

Revelan portada de “Chromatica”, nuevo álbum de Lady Gaga | EL Y ELLA

Brit:

4[1]~4.jpg

A video in other planet? Well, Britney did it on Mars:

oops i did it again britney spears gif | WiffleGif

With aliens? Britney did it in Pretty Girls

10 WTF Moments From Britney Spears & Iggy Azalea's 'Pretty Girls ...

In another planet? Well, Britney did it in the "Paparazi Britney planet"

Intergalatic song?

(Yeah I know, it's from Britney Jean, but it's one of her best songs :chrissy:)

Archived