Can a disco pop inspired record a la Chromatica be what Britney needs at this point in her career?

PARKBOM

Look y’all, 

whether you want to admit it or not, CHROMATICA is an AMAZING album and it’s just what the world needs right now.

The production and lyrics are otherworldly and really amazingly executed. It’s just a really good , successful era so far for Gaga.

Would you guys be here for a 90’s modern euro/house pop record from Brit? 
would it be as critically acclaimed as Chromatica?

I’d be here for a 90’s disco album tbh.

also, I don’t wanna hear any BaByLoN SoUnDs LiKe VoGuE mess.

Babylon is the best song on the album and one of her best songs of all time.

:brit2016: 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

Yeah but Britney is 90s so it’s gonna be redundant of her to bring back that sound as she’s from that era, she might as well just sing her hits. Gaga did that sound probably due to her feeling nostalgic.

she needs a new sound or everyone is gonna assume she’s a one trick pony and stuck in the past.

I'd like something not so obvious. I think is time to change a little bit.

It can be dancey, but maybe some Sheryl Crow pop rock country mixed.

Britney talked a lot about urban music, so an album full of hip Hop Influences.

Lyrics should be a little more personal.

I don't want Britney chromatica, to be honest.

1 hour ago, PARKBOM said:

Look y’all, 

whether you want to admit it or not, CHROMATICA is an AMAZING album and it’s just what the world needs right now.

The production and lyrics are otherworldly and really amazingly executed. It’s just a really good , successful era so far for Gaga.

Would you guys be here for a 90’s modern euro/house pop record from Brit? 
would it be as critically acclaimed as Chromatica?

I’d be here for a 90’s disco album tbh.

also, I don’t wanna hear any BaByLoN SoUnDs LiKe VoGuE mess.

Babylon is the best song on the album and one of her best songs of all time.

:brit2016: 

No, I hate it

But your nickname is amazing! Love me some Park Bom :meryell:

44 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:

No, I hate it

But your nickname is amazing! Love me some Park Bom :meryell:

Can’t even be mad you hate Chromatica because YOUR TASTE HONEY YAS giphy.gif

We need Britney to do a song a la 4:44, or Shameful if the gays don’t want Chromatica themed album lol 

I think if she went a different route it could be interesting... maybe something a bit more pop-punk inspired a la Don't Keep Me Waiting or Avril's Best Damn Thing Album. Going in that direction could put her in a new light and give her some new fans.  

As far as throwback-sounding albums go, I think she could pull off an 80s-urban album like Bobby Brown's Don't Be Cruel album or Janet's Control album.

All in all though, whatever she releases needs to be fun. I think everyone is getting tired of the depressing down-tempo songs on the radio and now want something to dance and escape to. 

Well Chromatica is Ok For lady gaga not for britney.

For britney like jordan says, very urban to dance to shake the *** and more mature !!!

if they leak rebellion the original with the drums effect with all this BLM would be right now the smash single 

Tbh, I think Chromatica is far from being Gaga's best album or something. She brought that euro-dance sound from the 90's, but didn't even do it the proper way, with such short songs and such weak choruses.

However I appreciate her for not hopping into the rap trend, and somehow trying to bring the pop back. I just don't think this is gonna do it. I feel like the 90's revival was for last decade. It's now time for the 00's to come back.

As someone said on another thread, music is cyclical. I've always said that too. In the 90's, the most recent decade, the 80's, were out, and in opposite, the 70's influenced a lot of the trends in both the music and the fashion. So it goes something like this:

• In the 90's: 80's are out, 70's made a comeback
  • In the 00's: 90's are out, 80's made a comeback
  • In the 10's: 00's are out, 90's made a comeback (and intrinsically the 70´s)
  • In the 20's: 10's have to be out, 00's have to make a comeback (intrinsically the 80's)

If any, Britney would have to revive the sound from her Oops and Britney albums, or any other music that was in at the time, which would be kind of weird, but not impossible. I would also expect the music videos to gain importance too, to be fun again, to be a whole event and not just a collection of pretty visuals to accompany the streaming experience.

Well, first of all we need Britney to want to record again. But if she did so, I think she really needs to work with people like Mood Ring's creators, that are fans, that know her career, that know her style and that are perfectly capable of doing music for Britney Spears, and not just pass her songs that other artists rejected. My other option would be Max Martin. He's always great, and I bet he would be able to create something new and catchy if they worked together, different from what he does for other artists.

Archived