Can a disco pop inspired record a la Chromatica be what Britney needs at this point in her career?

PARKBOM

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wash ur ears :jl:

6 hours ago, C0CKy said:

I want something more urban. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2930143ba4aaa2e8665d

I agree, a mix between Blackout & her 'urban' songs like boys :whatitellu:

Or maybe a darker vide, a la 'The power of goodbye' or even 'Frozen'  :britlol:

Or something completely new :ineedthetruth:

But surfing on trends isn't really the best choice tbh 

5 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Britney shouldn’t follow trends, when she does we end up with albums like FF and BJ that end up sounding generic and don’t age well! She should stick to doing her own thing like she’s done for most of her career! 

If we talk strictly about the production, the beats and the mix of sounds used for Femme Fatale, then I can remember very well Britney was one of the first major artists including dubstep into mainstream. Maybe the sound has been overly produced by other artists over time that it felt “generic”, but to me it still sounds good with heavy beats - BIG FAT BASS has one of a hella beat. And it don’t seem the she followed a “particular” trend. 

I see you’re pointing to Femme Fatale following trends, but what can we say about Make Me or Just Luv Me?! Those songs are cringey from the lyrics to the production. 

7 hours ago, Style. said:

If we talk strictly about the production, the beats and the mix of sounds used for Femme Fatale, then I can remember very well Britney was one of the first major artists including dubstep into mainstream. Maybe the sound has been overly produced by other artists over time that it felt “generic”, but to me it still sounds good with heavy beats - BIG FAT BASS has one of a hella beat. And it don’t seem the she followed a “particular” trend. 

I see you’re pointing to Femme Fatale following trends, but what can we say about Make Me or Just Luv Me?! Those songs are cringey from the lyrics to the production. 

Femme Fatale was generic as hell it sounds like an album Katy Perry or Kesha would sing and I can’t with you talking about Big Fat Bass which is one of the worst songs she has ever recorded! Jive literally had a writing team come in for the album to make it full of easy hits aka generic radio fodder! It has not aged well at all minus a couple songs because it followed the trends of 2010-2012 so closely! 

Also Make Me is flawless and there is nothing generic about it! Just Luv Me is an ok track, both MM and JLM>>>>> anything on Generic Fatale! 

These threads make me unreasonably angry. :hillary: Why is it that every time there’s a new trend or a new it girl in pop, you guys always start threads asking if Britney should follow the trend or work with the artist? :hillary:

It’s unoriginal :hillary:

It’s embarrassing to just have her follow a trend when she hasn’t been successful on the charts in a while :hillary:

And you know how long it takes to make an album and plan an era? :hillary: She would already be late to the trend if she released now, let alone a year from now :hillary:

Not to mention, Britney already had her Chromatica with Femme Fatale. A pure dance album, all the way through. :hillary:

Archived