Community question: How did younger Exhalers first become Britney stans when discovering her "post-prime"?

34 minutes ago, Army1 said:

Did you realize a difference in the Old Britney during your quarantine watching to Britney when you first discovered her?

Oh yeah, definitely. Her 2009 to 2013 stuff was good, but I didn't think she was that different from any other pop star at the time. 

Now I'm watching her music vids, VMA performances, and DWAD encore and I'm just like :OMGney:. She was my age delivering these mesmerizing performances in a league of her own. Her fearlessness and bada**ery is so inspiring to me

• Love 5
  • Like 1
58 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I think it’s Dan Schneider taking a dig at Britney. I mean people parodied that performance to death and the “popstar” was a blonde airhead which was the typical Britney stereotype of what the masses think of her.

Looks like karma hit him eventually :deserves:

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
8 minutes ago, AP4 said:

I’m old (30) so I know prime Britney, my kids listen to her and sing and dance because I play her. They aren’t old enough to be stans/fans like that though.

They are never too young :bedtime:

• Love 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

They are never too young :bedtime:

They sing and dance and they know her by name for the most part. I know I was about my daughters age when BOMT came out and I was obsessed lol but my kids don’t have the luxury or mtv and discovering music on their own yet. They are stuck listening to what me or their dad listen to which end up being dramatically different. They can’t be a stan if they listen because they have no other choice haha

• Haha 2

Sorry for the essay 

Well, my first memory of her was when I was with my Mom waiting in line at the grocery store. I was looking through the magazines and saw a close up of her head shaved, with the text saying she was crazy. My mom always said that those magazines were trash so I thought it was just a lie. I was 4 or 5 then.

From watching Zoey 101, I thought JL was Britney.🤡

Fast forward a bit and I remember being on YouTube and seeing Womanizer. I loved it (my mom didn’t) and just started watching all her other music videos. I also remember listening to the FF singles constantly, especially TTWE. During the Britney Jean era I remember listening to Work B and SS. After that I saw a video on the whole Alien debacle, which I believed for a time. This was remedied after watching Shane Dawson’s conspiracy video.

I hadn’t listened to any of her albums (or any) at the time since I thought that songs that weren’t singles would be trash and terrible. In 2016, I wasn’t a big fan of Slumber Party or Make Me.

Up until 2019, I just listened to her music for nostalgia. Then during the freebritney movement, I started listening to her music, watching album reviews, and became a Stan.

P.S. Sorry for the horrible grammar, I’m tired.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

exactly people never think that our generation grew up with britney but she was really popular in 2009-2013

Agreed, she coulda pulled a Beyoncé move then and took over working with Max Martin and then we prob wouldn’t have had Ariana grande she had huge momentum here... always thought Ari’s Problem was a perfect work b** follow up! My everything has a lot of Britney in it however I feel Max Martin can’t not do that as she was his first big success and he is a formula man. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, AP4 said:

They sing and dance and they know her by name for the most part. I know I was about my daughters age when BOMT came out and I was obsessed lol but my kids don’t have the luxury or mtv and discovering music on their own yet. They are stuck listening to what me or their dad listen to which end up being dramatically different. They can’t be a stan if they listen because they have no other choice haha

Don’t worry, someday they will understand her brilliance. She’s the Marilyn Monroe of our times :verycool:

• Love 5

I don't know if I can be considered a new fan, I guess I can because I got interested in her in 2009, but yeah in my case I'd always heard some of her hits like Toxic when I was a child but at the time I didn't know who she was. It wasn't until 2009 that I discovered that she, the one who did Womanizer, was the one who also sang those songs that I'd always loved. That's when I started watching all of her videos and performances and listening to all of her albums and I became a stan! 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

So back to early 2015, I was 11, I saw a lot of her old music video (Lucky, Oops) and Scream&Shout on tv. Of course I'd known who Britney Spears is before, but  I fell in LOVE with these songs, then I was watching Britney's old perfomances, I really didn't know eras, albums, I was just listening and watching and I was pretty upset that teenage magazines like BRAVO (I'm from Europe) don't write about her, because I really wanted to know what is she doing know (I didn't use Facebook or Instagram back then). So I went to go... gossip websites and read a lot of bull**** about Britney (but I felt so educated haha)

I also remember listening to From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart for the first time when I discovered her more natural beautiful voice, I was so impressed by all this voice, her performances, her videos and of cource songs. I always felt so moved watching Baby One More Time video on YouTube cause I was feeling how important and iconic it is. 

Back then I didn't know about Vegas, I ignored Pretty Girls premiere, I was just so impressed by old Britney and what she used to be. In autumn 2015 I started following Britney's current life, buying her albums (Blackout was my first<3) and then I was really excited for Glory premiere. I have really beautiful memories from Glory era and BBMAs 2016 performance cause it was her first performance I was watching live and I throught that old Britney came back to us. I fell in love with the new Britney too,  because she was and still is amazing.

Sorry for my English, but I really wanted to share my story. It's also my first post here, but I've visited you for few years almost everyday.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
11 minutes ago, standherealone said:

So flipping cute when they dance and they can barely walk haha. My kiddo would dance every time 'I wanna go' came on. Stop everything I need to dance to my jam.

I miss that age. Before they could talk.

Have you tried work *****? Or the kids bop version? :gagasmile:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
16 hours ago, Towelney said:

Sorry for the essay 

Well, my first memory of her was when I was with my Mom waiting in line at the grocery store. I was looking through the magazines and saw a close up of her head shaved, with the text saying she was crazy. My mom always said that those magazines were trash so I thought it was just a lie. I was 4 or 5 then.

From watching Zoey 101, I thought JL was Britney.🤡

Fast forward a bit and I remember being on YouTube and seeing Womanizer. I loved it (my mom didn’t) and just started watching all her other music videos. I also remember listening to the FF singles constantly, especially TTWE. During the Britney Jean era I remember listening to Work B and SS. After that I saw a video on the whole Alien debacle, which I believed for a time. This was remedied after watching Shane Dawson’s conspiracy video.

I hadn’t listened to any of her albums (or any) at the time since I thought that songs that weren’t singles would be trash and terrible. In 2016, I wasn’t a big fan of Slumber Party or Make Me.

Up until 2019, I just listened to her music for nostalgia. Then during the freebritney movement, I started listening to her music, watching album reviews, and became a Stan.

P.S. Sorry for the horrible grammar, I’m tired.

Interesting trajectory getting to discover her!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Silhouette said:

I don't know if I can be considered a new fan, I guess I can because I got interested in her in 2009, but yeah in my case I'd always heard some of her hits like Toxic when I was a child but at the time I didn't know who she was. It wasn't until 2009 that I discovered that she, the one who did Womanizer, was the one who also sang those songs that I'd always loved. That's when I started watching all of her videos and performances and listening to all of her albums and I became a stan! 

It's cool to see how Britney's earlier career, and it's massive cultural impact, carried her through to some of her highest charting hits in 2009-2013 and making a new generation of fans 

• Love 1