Community question: How did younger Exhalers first become Britney stans when discovering her "post-prime"?

bsyears.png.e8a758b8cea7d74c168930fc13c351c0.png

For an older exhaler like me, who came of age during Britney's peak/prime,  I've always wondered how/when our younger community members discovered Britney?

What about her at that time made you a stan?...especially missing the bigger moments in real time, like the VMA performances (the oops strip, the snake, the kiss), TRL, the epic tours, etc.

Especially interested in hearing from the exhalers who became a fan/stan of Britney during later eras, BEFORE discovering her earlier career on youtube/etc.

Ive seen comments from community members of becoming fans during Britney Jean and/or the Vegas years before knowing of her prior impact. What about Britney drew you to her during those later times?

@JordanMiller@Breatheheavy Exhale

• Love 1
  • Like 6

Her "newer" songs (Circus and Womanizer) was always on the radio and I remember knowing BOMT and Toxic through Just Dance. I watched iCarly and there was an episode based on her VMA performance and that's how I knew Gimme More. Then her FF era came and the three singles were HUGE on radio and S&S and WB. I've been a fan of Miley and she had her on Bangerz and her MTV documentary. And then I became a stan during Glory era, more during the Slumber Party era.

• Love 7
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators

well one i was little i saw britney spears gimme more video at like 6 years old? :urite: and she was my first childhood crush (yes im bi) and i loved her so much and thought she was very hot :inbed: 

ive always listened to her songs due to my older sisters but one day i was watching random mv and saw her oops song pop up , and since late 2016 ive been a stan since

• Love 3
  • Content Curators
2 minutes ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

Her "newer" songs (Circus and Womanizer) was always on the radio and I remember knowing BOMT and Toxic through Just Dance. I watched iCarly and there was an episode based on her VMA performance and that's how I knew Gimme More. Then her FF era came and the three singles were HUGE on radio and S&S and WB. I've been a fan of Miley and she had her on Bangerz and her MTV documentary. And then I became a stan during Glory era, more during the Slumber Party era.

exactly people never think that our generation grew up with britney but she was really popular in 2009-2013

• Love 6
  • Like 3
14 minutes ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

Omg if it is what I think it is, I recently saw this iCarly episode and man..it was rude!:umwtf:  They were caught up in “the make fun of Britney” parade I guess :sickofu:

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

well one i was little i saw britney spears gimme more video at like 6 years old? :urite: and she was my first childhood crush (yes im bi) and i loved her so much and thought she was very hot :inbed: 

ive always listened to her songs due to my older sisters but one day i was watching random mv and saw her oops song pop up , and since late 2016 ive been a stan since

BISEXUALS RISE UPPPPP

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, BritneyMinaj said:

My sister turned to a stan during 3/singles collection era and when femme fatale started she was blasting HIAM all around the house and everything and i started to stan but i became a full stan during pretty girls era

Cute story. Is your sister still worshipping God(ney) ?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Roger said:

Cute story. Is your sister still worshipping God(ney) ?

Sadly not as much she saw FFT and POM 

Listened to Glory and everything but she's not as hardcore as she was

She used to have a Twitter stan account that Britney followed it was @MissBritneyZone if y'all were from that era

1 hour ago, 10pm24 said:

It first started with Zoey 101

Yea same. I only knew of her as Jamie Lynn's older sister (it's pretty funny when yall make fun of her but I get it now :jl:) and the girl Cry Me a River was about. A lot of people my age also know BOMT and Oops as nostalgic songs and Toxic for the bop it is. Other than that, Circus, Womanizer, TTWE, S&S, and WB were on the radio a lot. I watched the videos for Ooh La La and Pretty Girls when they came out but didn't really like them. Heard 3, Radar, Break the Ice and loved them but didn't know she sang them.

1 hour ago, 10pm24 said:

Then the last step came in for me being a stan forever....If...U...Seek...Amy

Also same. I thought she was just another pop star but somebody on Reddit mentioned this song and I was like "what, why would a pop star release such a controversial song?" I listened to it though and gained major respect for her and realized she's always been this controversial figure. During quarantine, I watched some of her old stuff and gained a lot more respect for who she is as a performer and as a person.

1 hour ago, 10pm24 said:

Omg if it is what I think it is, I recently saw this iCarly episode and man..it was rude!:umwtf:  They were caught up in “the make fun of Britney” parade I guess :sickofu:

I don't remember why but a lot of people thought that iCarly episode was about Kesha. I was in like elementary school so I just saw it as a joke, but looking back it really seems like they were referencing Britney and idk why when her sister was the star of a Nick show.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, canyouhandlemytruth said:

Yea same. I only knew of her as Jamie Lynn's older sister (it's pretty funny when yall make fun of her but I get it now :jl:

I used to like her since she introduced me to Britney in a way and I loved her show :embarrassed:

But then I got to know more about her thanks to this forum   :ipass: 

2 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

exactly people never think that our generation grew up with britney but she was really popular in 2009-2013

She def was.......some of her biggest charting hits happened in that era. How did you perceive her as a performer in 2009-2013, since you didnt have the memory of her early days to compare her to? For old stans, we were loving her just as much during the 2009-2013 era seeing the success that she was still having, but somewhat wrestled with the change in her performances, etc.

Not having the older days to compar eit to how did you view Britney in 2009-2013 with fresher eyes than us?

• Love 1
  • Like 2
39 minutes ago, canyouhandlemytruth said:

Yea same. I only knew of her as Jamie Lynn's older sister (it's pretty funny when yall make fun of her but I get it now :jl:) and the girl Cry Me a River was about. A lot of people my age also know BOMT and Oops as nostalgic songs and Toxic for the bop it is. Other than that, Circus, Womanizer, TTWE, S&S, and WB were on the radio a lot. I watched the videos for Ooh La La and Pretty Girls when they came out but didn't really like them. Heard 3, Radar, Break the Ice and loved them but didn't know she sang them.

Also same. I thought she was just another pop star but somebody on Reddit mentioned this song and I was like "what, why would a pop star release such a controversial song?" I listened to it though and gained major respect for her and realized she's always been this controversial figure. During quarantine, I watched some of her old stuff and gained a lot more respect for who she is as a performer and as a person.

Did you realize a difference in the Old Britney during your quarantine watching to Britney when you first discovered her?

• Super Mods
23 minutes ago, 10pm24 said:

Omg right :watrusayin: I assumed it was 2007 without even thinking. Man, they were late to the party :dontlike:

I think it’s Dan Schneider taking a dig at Britney. I mean people parodied that performance to death and the “popstar” was a blonde airhead which was the typical Britney stereotype of what the masses think of her.

• Love 1