Community question: How did younger Exhalers first become Britney stans when discovering her "post-prime"?

3 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Wait, what. A 6 year old watching pron. :deadbanana: Kids are really so advanced now. :idkney:

Not us both having half sisters. We share a Mom cause my Mom remarried 7 years after my Dad passed and she and my step dad had a baby. My sister is just 11 years old. A 20 year gap. So yeah. She's not into pop stars though. She's into K-Pop. BlackPink. :letitburn:

I grew up with 6 guy cousins and 1 girl cousin. So they're basically my brothers and sister until my step sister came to this world. So yeah. I get a lot flack for stanning Britney cause they're all boys. But they're cool when I play her music. They don't complain but they make nasty jokes about her and in general to annoy me and I hate it. :nonono: But I love them. They're like my big brothers. ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg.f6912e9e3aaab8239963f68265117893.jpg

Yes. I am Sailor Neptune. Forever and always. Nice to meet you. :barbie:

SCREAMING :imacat:

I know, I was mortified when he asked if he could spend time with me one day and proceeded to go into my room for some "alone time" with his iPad. :overwhelm: I made him leave immediately. I didn't snitch on him though, he told on himself because he can't keep a secret to save his life. :sobbing: And aww I love that! Both my sisters were born in 1991 so we have an 11 year age gap and there are definitely issues so I can't imagine having a 20 year one. :gaspney: I'm sorry about your dad though. That must've been awful to go through. My dad is literally my best friend so I can't imagine how painful that is. :crying2:

I've always been crybaby-esque, wanting to be friends with everyone, five foot Sailor Moon. :imcute:

Spoiler

sailor moon serena GIF

• Love 1
On 5/24/2020 at 10:08 AM, AmorProhibido said:

I know, I was mortified when he asked if he could spend time with me one day and proceeded to go into my room for some "alone time" with his iPad. I made him leave immediately. I didn't snitch on him though, he told on himself because he can't keep a secret to save his life

SCREAMING :imacat:

I love that even if he's polluted with all these pron videos, he's still so pure and can't lie about it. :kidcries:

And aww I love that! Both my sisters were born in 1991 so we have an 11 year age gap and there are definitely issues so I can't imagine having a 20 year one. 

Oh yeah there are issues for sure. I used to get annoyed cause she's so obnoxious but now that she's 11, I feel like she has matured and not as problematic as before. :mhm: I just wish our gap was closer so we could do activities and hobbies and like the same stuff like normal sisters. Like watch the same shows and movies. The only show we enjoy "together" is My Little Pony. Last Christmas, I called her to my room and I prepared all these goodies so we could watch Home Alone together cause I wanted to introduce her little by little to some pop culture stuff so she won't be an ignorant Gen Z. But 15 mins into the movie, I could already see her sooo f ing bored. :embarrassney: We ended up watching My Little Pony instead. That's the only show we have in common. :blol:

I'm sorry about your dad though. That must've been awful to go through. My dad is literally my best friend so I can't imagine how painful that is.

Yeah. I was 5 when he passed away and I don't have a lot of memories except that I know I was a spoiled kid. I just remember watching Super Sentai shows a lot with him while he feeds me cookies. :janet:

Both things I still enjoy doing as an adult.:crying1:

I've always been crybaby-esque, wanting to be friends with everyone, five foot Sailor Moon.

I'm 5'2. I wonder how tall Michiru is. :barbie:

• Love 1

I don't know if i count on this. I'm 23 years old, most of the people in my generation likes Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, One Direction, etc. because we were pre-teens/teens in the late 2000s/early 2010s and my peers were rooting for these newer artists which were targeted for our age.

Meanwhile, i already knew Britney and liked her as far back as 2002 (5 years old) because of the influence of my older sisters who used to play her music frequently. I think that younger fans who have older siblings who witnessed Britney during her prime or parents can have a really big contribution/impact to them being a stan.  Even with boy bands, i was obsessed with Westlife's Uptown Girl video as a kid and i prefer them to more modern bands. By the time Jonas Brothers and 1D came out and they were like the "coolest boy bands of my generation".

To be honest, i wish i was born earlier. I really liked the bubblegum pop sound of the late 90s-early 2000s although it was later oversaturated.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
On 5/23/2020 at 9:35 AM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

You on Exhale sis. You is a stan :clicktina:

Awesome breakdown/insight into what it was to come of age with later career Britney. Really cool to know that she was big with your various peers/age groups through middle school and high school in the early 2010s in a similar type of way she was for us in the early 2000s. 

I Met Britney from a Simpson reference in 2006 (was 10 years old).

I don't know why, but his music started to get my attention.
Near where I live there were internet cafes and spent watching his career. However, when he liked it the most was when he shaved his head. He seemed so rebellious and different.

I remember the time when she shaved her head and remember watching the 2007’s VMA performance with all the buzz around her. I was 14. Later in 2009 I went on an exchange student program for a year in Brisbane, Australia. That’s when I knew Britney would be performing The Circus Tour there, in November. I knew I had to go. I already was a huge Madonna fan, so I knew I’d love Britney. Earlier in 2008, I got to see Madonna on her Sticky & Sweet Tour, it was my first time seeing her. So, I bought Circus tickets, downloaded my favorite Britney’s song into my iPod, would listen to it on repeat until the concert date. Got addicted to Britney herself and her story, how she came back from nothing and reinvented herself. At the time, I didn’t know how important Blackout was to the industry, so I regret not enjoying as much as I could the Circus Tour. It was definitely the best show of my entire life. I got to stay VERY close to her, I was standing right behing the Golden Seats, that’s something I’ll never forget! At the time, I remember paying AU$250 for the tickets, I don’t regret a thing!! Since then, I think she’s one of the sweetest persons on earth, with a huge heart. So, Britney has been part of my life and part of my ups and downs for 11 years now. 

:kiss:

1 hour ago, AlottaWarmHeart said:

I remember the time when she shaved her head and remember watching the 2007’s VMA performance with all the buzz around her. I was 14. Later in 2009 I went on an exchange student program for a year in Brisbane, Australia. That’s when I knew Britney would be performing The Circus Tour there, in November. I knew I had to go. I already was a huge Madonna fan, so I knew I’d love Britney. Earlier in 2008, I got to see Madonna on her Sticky & Sweet Tour, it was my first time seeing her. So, I bought Circus tickets, downloaded my favorite Britney’s song into my iPod, would listen to it on repeat until the concert date. Got addicted to Britney herself and her story, how she came back from nothing and reinvented herself. At the time, I didn’t know how important Blackout was to the industry, so I regret not enjoying as much as I could the Circus Tour. It was definitely the best show of my entire life. I got to stay VERY close to her, I was standing right behing the Golden Seats, that’s something I’ll never forget! At the time, I remember paying AU$250 for the tickets, I don’t regret a thing!! Since then, I think she’s one of the sweetest persons on earth, with a huge heart. So, Britney has been part of my life and part of my ups and downs for 11 years now. 

:kiss:

Without trying to be rude, how did you not become a fan before? We're the same age, and I've loved her since BOMT. You weren't exposed to her music before Blackout? That'd be surprising to hear :idkney: Or, if you were fan of Madonna already, didn't you know Me Against the Music or the VMA's 2003 performance? Again, just curious

I was born in 96' and so was really young during the BOMT, Oops, Britney era....but I remember seeing her a lot on TV.

My best friend was a big fan during the ITZ era so she told me about her and showed me her songs, by this time I was 9/10 and old enough to appreciate Britney. I found Britney the most relatable out of all the artist out there at that time, she had good music that was fun to sing and dance to.

Watching all her old music videos/performances turned me into a real fan. By the time I truly became a fan, it was during the "Someday (I will understand)" period. Kinda sad that it was already passed her prime and it all went really dark from there, but I appreciate all her work nonetheless.