Community question: How did younger Exhalers first become Britney stans when discovering her "post-prime"?

I started to become a fan in the femme fatale era, it was a really successful era, the songs were on the radio all the time and I liked them, I started to watch the videos and kept going with all of them. I loved the music, the visuals and I was amazed by the old performances. Her beauty and her personality made me fall for Britney the person, and the fact that she was so controversial and had ups and downs caught my attention too. And here we are now haha.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, VCTR said:

I just wanna say I had my 6 and 3 year old nephews watch the "OOPS!" music video last weekend and they said "Can we match more videos with her?"

I wish my nephews and nieces (my cousin's) were old enough to watch Britney videos too. They're still babies.ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

SCREAMINGGG :deadbanana:

So you disowned him for a different reason? :gloria:

I've disowned him several times in the past for several different reasons. Keep in mind he's turning 10 in a few weeks so obviously none of our fights have been very serious and we always started talking again within a week, but I still get pissed at him. Like with Britney, he called her a bad singer and threw a tantrum every time I tried to play her but insisted we listen to Shawn Mendes. So I ignored him for a few days lol. Another time, he was just being his normal little b.itchy self and practically ruined a family trip we were taking. So I literally told him "f.uck you" and we didn't talk for a week that time. Then again, I love him a lot and I'm the person in the family that both rags on him the most and talks about him the most. There's a reason I call him the Chibiusa to my Usagi. :tiffanynod: Honestly though, very few people have made me as mad as his mother, my second oldest sister. Around this time last year, she asked me "why is Britney Spears so untalented? She's just so bad!" We didn't talk for 6 months. :endit: There are very few things I will actually fight you on. But if you come for Britney, Sailor Moon, or Selena, you are dead to me until you see the error of your ways. :howdareyou: :rip:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
11 hours ago, Army1 said:

Awesome story! At what point did you start dipping back pre 2011? What did you think of the pre 2011 Britney compared to the 2011 Britney you had already fallen in love with?

The moment I started hearing her songs a lot I immediately got familiar with her whole catalogue (singles only tho), I probably knew them all in a few days, then came the performances and then came the albums (a few years later, I think I heard them first on CD back in 2014/2015 as I started buying her albums and listening to them on my dad’s radio. I pretty much was happy with how Britney was in 2011/2012 I thought she would remain on top of the world, I remember thinking she was so successful and so young (30) at least young for the success she already had, I remember knowing she was a very important artist, I knew she was an icon from the beginning, and since she had been on top till the FF era I thought that was gonna be the norm forever:katycry: I didn’t really used to distinguish 2011 Britney to pre 2011 Britney even tho now I can see the differences performing wise. Looking at her now tho I really wished I could have lived through her peak so bad, I wanna experience at least one era with her completely on top a la Circus:katycry:

6 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Don't feel too jealous! Britney's heart was not in the FF or BJ eras and both were low-key very problematic lol. Britney just seemed out of it most of the FF era and on BJ, we got her arguably worst album and another ruined music video, like Make Me in the Glory era. That's not to say that I'm not thankful for going through both eras, cuz I am, but Glory was a great era to become a fan even despite its shortcomings imo. To answer your question, I did get to see her live during the FFT. It was my first concert I ever attended. :) 

That’s true, the golden eras happened while we were babies and we’ll have to deal with that one:mattafact:

And wow again you 2 steps ahead again seeing her in 2011, than must’ve been really fun! I saw her in 2018 in London when she was touring Europe and it was amazing.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

I've disowned him several times in the past for several different reasons. Keep in mind he's turning 10 in a few weeks so obviously none of our fights have been very serious and we always started talking again within a week, but I still get pissed at him. Like with Britney, he called her a bad singer and threw a tantrum every time I tried to play her but insisted we listen to Shawn Mendes. So I ignored him for a few days lol. Another time, he was just being his normal little b.itchy self and practically ruined a family trip we were taking. So I literally told him "f.uck you" and we didn't talk for a week that time. Then again, I love him a lot and I'm the person in the family that both rags on him the most and talks about him the most. There's a reason I call him the Chibiusa to my Usagi. :tiffanynod: Honestly though, very few people have made me as mad as his mother, my second oldest sister. Around this time last year, she asked me "why is Britney Spears so untalented? She's just so bad!" We didn't talk for 6 months. :endit: There are very few things I will actually fight you on. But if you come for Britney, Sailor Moon, or Selena, you are dead to me until you see the error of your ways. :howdareyou: :rip:

I’m ******* DEAD:airpls: Love you for that

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MareuOli said:

I wish I could finish it, but besides losing interest after season 3, all the dark stuff w/ the cast pulled me away even more. 

It WAS really weird, and I felt it even more with Mark Salling's characters. There's an episode when Puck and Zizes are trying to make a *** video and Gwyneth Paltrow convinces them not to do it, 'cause that would count as child ****ography. And I was like ... :zoomzoom: And then there's another episode when Karofsky attempts suicide and later Mr. Shue talks to all the guys about it, I don't remember the exact words, but just when he's talking about like being alone or something like that, or something like anybody can get to that point of wanting to kill themselves even if it's absurd for other people, etc, but just as he's talking they do a certain take where you can see Mark on the back as Mr. Shue says all this, and it was very weird to think that just a few years later after that he would commit suicide in real life, like, idk it was very chilling.

Of course Finn's appearances also made me nostalgic, but I think Mark's coincidences were more creepy. And then there are these guys from those seasons no one likes, Blake who allegedly physically abused Melissa Benoist when they were married years later :sobbing: Not to mention the horrible Britney 2.0 episode :ugh: but overall, it was nice :haha: 

There were some episodes, or more exactly, certain parts of the episodes that I never watched. Apparently, when I watched it on TV I always missed the first minutes of most episodes, and sometimes they would sing an entire song right there that I never got to watch, even from early seasons, or show a certain scene that was relevant for the rest of the episode. I don't know how I missed all that even with re-runs :blol:

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

Kids these days. :sobbing:

SCREAMINGGG oh my god I always get annoyed when my cousins make fun of Britney. :queenie: but my girl cousins are cool with Britney. But I hang the most with the guys so imagine how tired i am of hearing she looks ugly and weird and they want to f ck her and stuff. :imacat:

Also, you don't forget that you're mad at your sister? Cause i always forget when I have a fight with my cousin, like if he calls me ill answer and 5 mins into the call ill go OH WAIT I FORGOT I HATE YOU. :deadbanana:

And I haven't introduced myself yet. :tiffdrink:

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=5434610

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ShatteredBoy said:

The moment I started hearing her songs a lot I immediately got familiar with her whole catalogue (singles only tho), I probably knew them all in a few days, then came the performances and then came the albums (a few years later, I think I heard them first on CD back in 2014/2015 as I started buying her albums and listening to them on my dad’s radio. I pretty much was happy with how Britney was in 2011/2012 I thought she would remain on top of the world, I remember thinking she was so successful and so young (30) at least young for the success she already had, I remember knowing she was a very important artist, I knew she was an icon from the beginning, and since she had been on top till the FF era I thought that was gonna be the norm forever:katycry: I didn’t really used to distinguish 2011 Britney to pre 2011 Britney even tho now I can see the differences performing wise. Looking at her now tho I really wished I could have lived through her peak so bad, I wanna experience at least one era with her completely on top a la Circus:katycry:

That’s true, the golden eras happened while we were babies and we’ll have to deal with that one:mattafact:

And wow again you 2 steps ahead again seeing her in 2011, than must’ve been really fun! I saw her in 2018 in London when she was touring Europe and it was amazing.

That’s awesome you finally got to see her! Especially after her current hiatus and with things looking so uncertain :clap:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Kids these days. :sobbing:

SCREAMINGGG oh my god I always get annoyed when my cousins make fun of Britney. :queenie: but my girl cousins are cool with Britney. But I hang the most with the guys so imagine how tired i am of hearing she looks ugly and weird and they want to f ck her and stuff. :imacat:

Also, you don't forget that you're mad at your sister? Cause i always forget when I have a fight with my cousin, like if he calls me ill answer and 5 mins into the call ill go OH WAIT I FORGOT I HATE YOU. :deadbanana:

And I haven't introduced myself yet. :tiffdrink:

Reveal hidden contents

tenor.gif?itemid=5434610

Lmao I haven't reached the stage of my nephew wanting to f.uck her but I know it's coming. When he was 6, he lost his iPad privileges because he was looking at p.orn. :jl: I wish I had neices. I have 3 nephews and they all suck. :tear:

I forget that I'm fighting with my oldest sister all the time, but that's just because we get along so well, we're much closer since she's always tried to make an effort to be close to me, and she loves Britney. :clap1: My other one... :teigen: It's not her fault. We share a dad and he never insisted we stick together like my mom did with my favorite sister. We hang out a lot more nowadays, but whenever we fight, I don't forget. :tina:

And omg yes Sailor Neptune come THRU!! :letitburn:

Spoiler

But where is your "cousin"? :searching: :haha:

• Love 1

This is a really interesting question and if Britney/new team is smart in re-marketing her, they listen to what made that generation a stan and combine that with her own vision of how to re-invent herself. Take notes from the past and take that to a new level.

I can't answer this question, cause my stan *** started the moment I saw Baby One More Time when it came out.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AmorProhibido said:

Lmao I haven't reached the stage of my nephew wanting to f.uck her but I know it's coming. When he was 6, he lost his iPad privileges because he was looking at p.orn. :jl: I wish I had neices. I have 3 nephews and they all suck. :tear:

I forget that I'm fighting with my oldest sister all the time, but that's just because we get along so well, we're much closer since she's always tried to make an effort to be close to me, and she loves Britney. :clap1: My other one... :teigen: It's not her fault. We share a dad and he never insisted we stick together like my mom did with my favorite sister. We hang out a lot more nowadays, but whenever we fight, I don't forget. :tina:

And omg yes Sailor Neptune come THRU!! :letitburn:

Reveal hidden contents

But where is your "cousin"? :searching: :haha:

Wait, what. A 6 year old watching pron. :deadbanana: Kids are really so advanced now. :idkney:

Not us both having half sisters. We share a Mom cause my Mom remarried 7 years after my Dad passed and she and my step dad had a baby. My sister is just 11 years old. A 20 year gap. So yeah. She's not into pop stars though. She's into K-Pop. BlackPink. :letitburn:

I grew up with 6 guy cousins and 1 girl cousin. So they're basically my brothers and sister until my step sister came to this world. So yeah. I get a lot flack for stanning Britney cause they're all boys. But they're cool when I play her music. They don't complain but they make nasty jokes about her and in general to annoy me and I hate it. :nonono: But I love them. They're like my big brothers. ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg.f6912e9e3aaab8239963f68265117893.jpg

Yes. I am Sailor Neptune. Forever and always. Nice to meet you. :barbie:

SCREAMING :imacat:

• Love 1