Brian Friedman posts the entire "Hold It Against Me" dance breakdown choreography

This entire era shouldn’t have happened. Even though the album was fire, Britney herself seemed so out of it. I feel bad for her.

I understand more and more why she Isn’t in the spot light. Let her live the rest of her life hiding if that’s what she truly wants.

• Like 3
Just now, BritneyLVR said:

Britney’s face always shows when she’s feeling it and you’re right, she’s not feeling this choreo.... Probably why he allegedly no longer was working with her.:surejan:

I don't think she felt the song in general tbh, whenever she performed it she looked like she was waiting for it to be over asap

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Just now, BabyBabyBay said:

I don't think she felt the song in general tbh, whenever she performed it she looked like she was waiting for it to be over asap

I don’t understand because it’s one of her best creations!!!! The choreography could have been amazing. She needs a choreographer like Toddrick Hall. (Idc if that’s not how you spell it)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

This!!!!! He’s an amazing dancer and choreographer but the entire Hold It Against Me choreography was nothing that Britney was suited for. This was for a dance work shop not a stage performance/music video :imdying:

Choreo has to match the song tho. Tell me you weren't expecting Slave choreo over and over for songs that sound nothing like S4U. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

Choreo has to match the song tho. Tell me you weren't expecting Slave choreo over and over for songs that sound nothing like S4U. 

Did I say was expecting Slave for you choreography? He literally has them throwing their arms around everywhere this entire number. She’s not into it, period. Also the song could have had much better suited choreography that matched the song?

1 minute ago, EasyThere said:

Not really. HIAM was one of the best tour performances. But choreo in general was ehh. At least Britneys parts.

I've always found any performance of this song to be uncomfortable with the odd exception, there was no facial presence as opposed to various other tracks on the tour. A lot of Brinny's performance is in her expressions and her presence, and I detected nothing from any HIAM performance.

4 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

I don’t understand because it’s one of her best creations!!!! The choreography could have been amazing. She needs a choreographer like Toddrick Hall. (Idc if that’s not how you spell it)

I 100% agree, a good choreography would've really heightened this track and brought it to another level, just like Slave

• Content Curators
9 minutes ago, EasyThere said:

Also the truth is. That choreo was trash. And he literally didn't have Britney in mind when he was creating it.

He had non medicated primeney in mind 

I think 2001ney could have pulled it off or atleast changed it but still kept it high energy  

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I actually liked it. I had seen the breakdown rehearsal with a stand in (it was posted here a while ago) and Britney didn't do bad. Ading the chair was a smart move for the promo tour but I think she would do great with the breakdown during the early FFT dates (when she had good energy). Still I'm gratefull Brian posted it after 9 years

• Like 3

Guys y'all keep trashing Brian because britney didn't deliver.

The second verse and the final chorus dancebreak were the best thing she did in the whole 2011 era. They weren't hard, but they were perfect for her. They suited her 2011 perfectly because they made her look like she was actually dancing. For the breakdown he probably did the best he could. Britney decided to tone it the hell down. 

If britney miracolously danced like her dancers for hiam, y'all would be praising the hell out of him. 

It was Britney's decision, not Brian's. 

• Love 3
  • Like 5

It's defnitely awkward to see her standing there when the music is so intense, but we know she wasn't at her best at the time so we have to be understanding. I agree with you all, the chair was a good idea after all, I'd take the fierce hairflips over this anytime, at least they matched the energy of the breakdown :verycool:

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
6 minutes ago, EasyThere said:

I disagree. She looked fierce af. Even during that Club performance.

But even prime Britney never did smth similar to that. Hes way of dancing is so hectic. He looks like he is having a seizure.

Andre knew her body like no one else.

I kind of feel like the overprotected (both times but I’m referring to dark child remix is like that) it’s like high energy and hectic 

but she pulled it off in a **** way

• Like 3

Tbh I just think this is a complicated song to dance to. It’s dubstep, or has elements of that genre, right? Maybe this type of music/dancing doesn’t suit Britney’s natural dance style. But Britney had “checked out” and was not into the FF era either so that didn’t help at all. HIAM isn’t one of my favorite Britney songs. Honestly I don’t like it but dubstep was kinda mainstream at the time and to me it has a sound she needed to kick off a new decade of her music career. Sonically for her it was a good first song pick. I’m more appreciative of the chair routine now. Never thought I’d say that!!:ugh: I think this was a very difficult era and time in Britney’s life. I know only she knows what was going on but I get sad vibes.:crying1:

1 minute ago, EasyThere said:

I am talking about her facial expressions.

:nicki2: I mean, it's precisely the facial expressions, or should I say, the lack of them, that people complain the most about that era. :outwithit:  Her body was ok, she was not overweight, but she moved as if she weighted a ton, but it's like, fine. But her eyes looked so off and bored. I don't know what made her struggle the most, if executing the moves or keeping her eyes open. 

I mean, the contrast with her face during the Circus performances was huge

• Love 1
  • Like 2