Katy Perry - "Daisies" (stream + comment party)

Apple music gave us the single and video in their exclusive single. The others just have the audio.

I honestly think she's going this route again cos this is the girl that Orlando bloom fell in love with. Though unlike Miley. I think Katy won't have demons fighting her to be a wild pot smoking thot. Katy basically lived that life with Russell when he wanted children and she wasn't ready. Now she's older and a different person. Which I feel her audience isn't there or probably won't be. Ready to settle down and live a married life. 

• Leader
6 minutes ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

True, true. I meant to say something along those lines. I just had no desire to see her naked, pregnant out in nature personally lol. I don’t mean to be shady either, I just really would have rather not seen that lol. 

I was here for it :demi:

Lol fr I think it's kinda cool that she is that comfortable in her own skin 

• Leader
6 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I honestly think she's going this route again cos this is the girl that Orlando bloom fell in love with. Though unlike Miley. I think Katy won't have demons fighting her to be a wild pot smoking thot. Katy basically lived that life with Russell when he wanted children and she wasn't ready. Now she's older and a different person. Which I feel her audience isn't there or probably won't be. Ready to settle down and live a married life. 

I kinda disagree. I think she's choosing her direction 100% and Orlando is like 'yea k cool.' :blol:

I can't see Katy letting a man influencing her or telling her what to do :katycry:

• Like 3

Okay.. well I lked the song!.. Dunno if its the right song for a lead single but is a good empowering song.:mimiclap:
The video.. hmmm was it recorded during the pandemic? Otherwise I could not explain why is SOO SIMPLE, she always do good visuals, the location and the fact she is posing naked while pregnant  are nice but the song needed a little extra production. :katycream:

1 hour ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Omg, it kinda sounds like a Teenage Dream leftover. That and it’s vaguely Chainsmokers.  But I LOVE it!! Deffo Classic Katy, she didn’t flop, she’s always been just as good. You go, sis!  

I love TD!... didn´t know how much I needed empowering up-tempo classic Katy back :orly:.

• Love 1

the video is like I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman meets Someday (I Will Understand)

I feel kinda sad. I mean, not really, 'cause I'm not a fan, but I remember back in the day I kinda liked Katy Perry's music (Katy the person not so much) and Lady Gaga's as well, but I'm just not feeling their new music :idkney: Actually, it's been since a few albums ago, but yeah, I'm still here trying to give them a chance again, but it just doesn't click with me

But it doesn't sound bad, so I guess her fans must be happy :yaknow: Just kinda boring

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

the video is like I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman meets Someday (I Will Understand)

I feel kinda sad. I mean, not really, 'cause I'm not a fan, but I remember back in the day I kinda liked Katy Perry's music (Katy the person not so much) and Lady Gaga's as well, but I'm just not feeling their new music :idkney: Actually, it's been since a few albums ago, but yeah, I'm still here trying to give them a chance again, but it just doesn't click with me

But it doesn't sound bad, so I guess her fans must be happy :yaknow: Just kinda boring

I feel like I'm outgrowing them...

Like Hilary Duff's "Sparks" had more urgency

:lizzie:

• Like 1
On 5/7/2020 at 9:11 PM, ShatteredBoy said:

I want another Teenage Dream so bad:crying1: But let's see what she brings, I didn't find the Witness singles that bad.

Swish swish:duadance:

I honestly feel that Witness would have been a huge era if they had chosen the proper singles:typing: . Chained to the rhythm was a smart choice for a lead single because it was a huge hit in 2017. 800 million views, 2 million sales, and peaked at no.4 . It honestly felt like Katy was going to have another huge era to continue her reign of success after prism. But then everything went down the drain once they lead Bon appetit as the second single:gunriah: 

• Love 1

I'm... 

:bedtime:

The song is boring. Like really boring. Like unreleased track boring. It's basic. It's not even bad. It's just plain boring. 

The video is not beautiful by any means. Someday was really good! It wasn't britney best video, but it was good to watch. This just screams amateur. The bad filter, the naked scene, the cuts, is she serious? 

I get it, she does what she wants to do, she accepted the fact that she's never chart again, but this is... :waitwhat:

Never really over was a good track! It was a good pop song with a good video. If she promoted it properly, it could have been a good first single (despite charts). 

This is just... Z-list youtuber wannabe singer. 

Oh katy, why :pika:

Thinkin' Of You was a Shakespeare poem compared to this :wontcry:

• Like 2

Am I the only person whose bored of Katy Perry singing about being yourself, standing up to haters,  sticks and stones? I mean its been a decade and it's not new ground, its clearly not working for her and as much as she releases empowerment songs, she's also hasnt exactly followed her own example.

The song is....well, it is. It's a song. Am I blown away? Nope, I preferred the route she was going with the promo singles, and I wasnt blown away by them.

If katy really wants to surprise us, she needs to go right back to just her and her guitar. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators
16 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I just saw the video. It's kinda... meh. I mean, the song and video. It feels like a second single. Not the lead. :imacat:

Definitely not single material, but it's a nice song.

I really hated the filter and editing of the beginning of the music video.

Let's hope her live this Sunday gives the song another dimension. Vocally, she's getting better and better.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Definitely not single material, but it's a nice song.

I really hated the filter and editing of the beginning of the music video.

Let's hope her live this Sunday gives the song another dimension. Vocally, she's getting better and better.

Yeah. It's a nice song but not something that will carry an album. It's like a promo / buzz single. And the music video... :embarrassney:

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block