Katy Perry - "Daisies" (stream + comment party)

It started out with a lot of potential for me and then it just turned into another power ballad type during the chorus and ruined it for me. :joanne:

It feels like she’s trying to do a Demi Lovato Skyscraper/Kesha Praying type start to an era, except I don’t think the GP really has ever felt bad for her or like she had a bad enough situation like the other two artists did, so I don’t think it’ll be as meaningful to them.

I agree she should’ve kept it fun rather than serious, especially during such a serious time, but her previous fun singles weren’t really successful either and it kinda sucks for Katy if she already had this planned out before the pandemic. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

I was here for it :demi:

Lol fr I think it's kinda cool that she is that comfortable in her own skin 

You and I seem to be the only ones who are "here for it".... people on exhale are tough critics, apparently... I'm gonna wait to release my new single now until.... forever. :fu:

4 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Am I the only person whose bored of Katy Perry singing about being yourself, standing up to haters,  sticks and stones? I mean its been a decade

Is singing positive and motivational songs something an artist should outgrow? lol.  That's like saying, "oh great, *insert artist name here* released another love song, predictable" or "cool, this country artist is singing about whiskey again..."  Nothing wrong with sticking to a formula that works.

• Leader
33 minutes ago, blackguillemot said:

This song is boring  to me. Kind of song at the end of the album tracklist. Her vocals I like, tho. The video - meh, naked? No, thanks, save that video for Orlando.

TBH I wonder if they originally meant to go with "Smile" with Diddy, then it leaked so last minute they put this together instead. She seems very pregnant in the video and it could've been shot in one day. 

• Like 1

Can someone explain the metaphor? I’m not understanding them covering her in daisies...as in they buried her? And considered her “dead“ in the industry? But she isn’t because now she’s back with a basic TD b-side and half *** video? :squint:That’s my best guess...Someone elucidate please :wonka:

• Leader
59 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

And considered her “dead“ in the industry? But she isn’t because now she’s back with a basic TD b-side and half *** video? :squint:That’s my best guess...Someone elucidate please :wonka:

That is actually a pretty unique way of looking at it. That is not what I took away from it. I thought it was a meaningless fun pop song :hahaha:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block