Britney's unreleased "Make Me" music video is actually horrible (opinion)

Blackout2006

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, YoungOne said:

You’re right.

im so done of this fanbase that thinks those **** videos are cool, don’t reflect your own desires to be part of some ********* or something with Britney’s music.:deserves:

The leaked video is the most distasteful/cliche/predictable **** ever.

i don’t want to see Britney surrounded by naked people on her videos, I want classy britney improving on her visuals. Christina already disgusted the world with that dirty video back in the day. 

Britney Spears doesnt  need that kind of attention. Specially when she’s known for doing ****** songs/videos for so long. It was nothing new or different and we all should move on from that concept. 

Even Fergie knows how do a controversial video without being a trashy cliche. 

Im glad Britney gave us an upgrade with slumber party, a much better video tbh.

MM is my least favorite lead single from all Britney’s albums and ended all the hype for glory sadly. not a fan of the song.

This

That shtick is tired and the main reason why Glory fell short to the general public. *** sells but not like how it used to and unfortunately, Britney failed to completely reinvent herself that era. The og video displayed no growth nor showcased any artistic merit, and for an aging pop artist who is/was deemed as being a label puppet, it’s important she plays her cards right. You can be controversial without acting like a cheap *****, especially around a time when the music industry was heavily impacted by politics. Anyway, glad they came to their senses and scrapped that mess. I can’t imagine the amount of damage control they would have had to go through, as if that underwhelming VMA performance wasn’t enough.

To end on a positive note, I will say that she looked absolutely stunning in the original video and the cage scene where she was covered in red was absolutely brilliant. 

The one that was released officially is her worst video ever. Periodt. 

The unofficial one doesn’t “make sense” but who says it’s supposed to?! It would have become iconic, because it would have made ppl talk. If they had released the song and video the same week, Make Me would have at least gone top 10. The body double, I agree on, it was unnecessary. The video was very gay, with all the her dancers in speedos and what not. It’s very Vegas desert too. I lived in Vegas and the neighborhood the house is in looks like a Vegas suburb. Also the body glitter in a cage thing could have been iconic, like the new version of the toxic glitter suit. The video had meme/gif-able moments like when she throws the tv out the window. The part with G-eazy on top is weird, but it would have made ppl talk. I also think they could have picked somebody better to be Adam. At least there was something different about it. I love Slumber Party, but the video is basically Boys pt. 2. 

also Britney was naked in womanizer. In a glitter suit in toxic. I’m a slave 4 u she has a dance **** where someone licks her. At one point in slumber party tinashe is between her spread legs... *** has always been a part of Britney’s image, it’s part of who she is as a person, if you have a problem with it why are you here? 

14 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

TWBU.gif
fVI.gifsource.gif

2 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

The one that was released officially is her worst video ever. Periodt. 

The unofficial one doesn’t “make sense” but who says it’s supposed to?! It would have become iconic, because it would have made ppl talk. If they had released the song and video the same week, Make Me would have at least gone top 10. The body double, I agree on, it was unnecessary. The video was very gay, with all the her dancers in speedos and what not. It’s very Vegas desert too. I lived in Vegas and the neighborhood the house is in looks like a Vegas suburb. Also the body glitter in a cage thing could have been iconic, like the new version of the toxic glitter suit. The video had meme/gif-able moments like when she throws the tv out the window. The part with G-eazy on top is weird, but it would have made ppl talk. I also think they could have picked somebody better to be Adam. At least there was something different about it. I love Slumber Party, but the video is basically Boys pt. 2. 

also Britney was naked in womanizer. In a glitter suit in toxic. I’m a slave 4 u she has a dance **** where someone licks her. At one point in slumber party tinashe is between her spread legs... *** has always been a part of Britney’s image, it’s part of who she is as a person, if you have a problem with it why are you here? 

It wouldn’t be iconic one BIT:ohwut:it’s just a horribly vulgar and trashy video. At least the other videos you mentioned didn’t go to this  height:tina: even I feel that britney wouldn’t feel so comfortable with THAT video releasing:ahhhhh: either way, makes me was destined to flop:yaknow:

3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

It wouldn’t be iconic one BIT:ohwut:it’s just a horribly vulgar and trashy video. At least the other videos you mentioned didn’t go to this  height:tina: even I feel that britney wouldn’t feel so comfortable with THAT video releasing:ahhhhh: either way, makes me was destined to flop:yaknow:

I don’t expect you to understand what @Dark.Knight and myself are saying because most of it happened over a DECADE before you were even born. Hate to break it to you, but those music videos and performances mentioned were also considered “vulgar” and “trashy” at the time. Britney was dragged through the media and labeled as a bad role model. Parents tried to get her songs and videos pulled from the radio and MTV. Things were very different back then. Simply showing your stomach and having a belly button piercing was scandalous. So while you think that Britney naked and covered in gems in the Toxic video is beautiful and iconic, I’ll let you know that in 2004 it was considered anything but. It couldn’t be played until “adult time” on MTV after 5pm because it was labeled as “racey” and “too much”. Same things would have been said about Make Me, and in another 10-20 years we would be praising it...
source.gif

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

I don’t expect you to understand what @Dark.Knight and myself are saying because most of it happened over a DECADE before you were even born. Hate to break it to you, but those music videos and performances mentioned were also considered “vulgar” and “trashy” at the time. Britney was dragged through the media and labeled as a bad role model. Parents tried to get her songs and videos pulled from the radio and MTV. Things were very different back then. Simply showing your stomach and having a belly button piercing was scandalous. So while you think that Britney naked and covered in gems in the Toxic video is beautiful and iconic, I’ll let you know that in 2004 it was considered anything but. It couldn’t be played until “adult time” on MTV after 5pm because it was labeled as “racey” and “too much”. Same things would have been said about Make Me, and in another 10-20 years we would be praising it...
source.gif

giphy.gif

Very true. But I still believe this video is just horrible and would flop. I said what I said and I will not change my mind. Better than video was nevertheless ever seen by this fandom and I am so happy that we didn’t get this video (not that the official one is good:bieber:) horrible. Horrible. Horrible :chrissy:

On 4/26/2020 at 3:00 PM, ColdAsFire88 said:

I hate to break it to you but the GP already thinks shes trash :deserves: home gurl has flashed her puss every where, flopped her **** out a few times and went cray on camera. :shaktongue:

At the end of the day I think thats what makes Britney Spears lovable and relatable. I think Britney herself would have released it BUT her team saw it and thought :ahhhhh: and of course wanted to milk the cow more. :icant2:

Lmao girl thank you. First and foremost, the song was already losing traction by the time the official video came out. Two negative articles from unknown pop news websites and a mom on Facebook complaining is enough for stans on here to have a meltdown and talk about how Britney’s reputation is ruined forever. Even if this video was released I don’t think it would have saved the era (aside from giving the era a really cool and stylized videos and a *****ing album photoshoot which we’ll probably never see) 

This video is hilarious. Whether or not it’s David’s cut (I don’t know how different it could’ve been), the message of it is still very clear: it’s an exaggerated and overly stylized caricature of Britney Spears (as others have stated). She goes in to work, films a raunchy video, and then goes home with her hot boy toy for a bunch of nonsense and ****ery. It’s weird, but not everything needs a cohesive and thought out storyline. I remember reading someone’s theory on here about the whole video being a way to compare Britney to Lilith, Adam’s first wife in some mythology. The theory seemed far fetched, but it was a cool way to interpret the overt sexuality, Bible reference when they return to the house, to even the Lion King music in the beginning. It’s art. If it makes you feel a certain way or however you interpret it, that makes it art. David’s cut or not, it was still a cool video.

Official video is way too cheesy. I don’t think anyone is particularly fond of it, but even the American Dream version would’ve been better. Oh well. At least we got some version of the unreleased one lol

It's not that she has two kids or whatever. It's vulgar. If there was something that made her special was the suggestion of sexuality, but never really getting there. There was elegance in her delivery. The role of young ingenue had the perfect balance of sass and quiet. So, comparing her amazing delivery of the bejeweled scene in Toxic to this mess, is not fair. She just didn't evolve. Her old ways allowed projection and mental games. This video was like watching a  ******** trying to desperately show her new laser hair removal results. Awful

Well, it doesn't serve to debate more about this music video. Why? Even Britney didn't wanted to release it because she found too vulgar, she wasn't comfortable, and also, she is a mother (yes, just like Work Bi**h mv, she said she is a mother of 2 kids and didn't wanted to show other vulgar scenes).

People who say that "they are new fans" to those members who said that MV was vulgar and others mv of Britney were known for that, but, wait... A fan doesn't mean love everything from his/her artist prefered, right? He/she can find negative points, can don't like a mv, etc. Furthermore, old Britney' music videos wasn't that "Vulgar", they were provocative, you can easily compare old ones with Make Me original version. And Britney did also many music videos which aren't provocative like: Someday I will Understand, Overprotected, Ohh La La, Radar, Sometimes, BOMT, Lucky and more... You just have to do the difference, yes Britney was known for this image, but not that vulgar like Make Me. Make Me is the worst and the most vulgar mv Britney ever did and she seems to agree with this fact, if not, why would she not release it? :tiffdrink:

I think the use of animals alone in that mv was for me the Reason alone to boycot that mess. Sorry but you can’t use those animals after that whole ringling bros scandal and The scandal behind have trunk will travel and the way they trained those animals. Also those costumes it was just cheap and trashy. I was very put off by the whole concept and the execution of it. Both mvs are trash and i pretend they don’t exist. Make me was also a horrible lead single choice.

7 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

source.gif

giphy.gif

remember the 2000 VMAs? how everyone was saying that she was a bad role model for performing "in a bikini"

Archived