Britney's unreleased "Make Me" music video is actually horrible (opinion)

Blackout2006

1 minute ago, Dark.Knight said:

this performance nor OIDIA, Save, DLMBTLTK, etc. were **** classy at all

whoever says MM original Britney was trashy but loves the ITZ/Onyx era is a hypocrite

Onyx was a step further for her back then when she and the label wanted her to be more adult, mature. Not this second rate 'music' video that screams 'cheap ***'.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, pop analyst said:

Onyx was a step further for her back then when she and the label wanted her to be more adult, mature. Not this second rate 'music' video that screams 'cheap ***'.

Onyx was just a trashy hyper ****** person. Make Me original is more PG than Onyx, Onyx was as trashy as Dirrty

2 minutes ago, pop analyst said:

because it was a step forward for her as it was Asked. And because of Aguilera.

that's not an objective and quantifiable justification, still trashy regardless of the reason

It would've been controversial and made ppl talk, probably hate too but destroy her career, really? We're talking about Britney Spears, she's done way more controversial than this?? :juggingu: And since her team didn't bother to do promo OG MM was the only opportunity to make the GP know she's having a new album. 

33 minutes ago, Margaery said:

It would've been controversial and made ppl talk, probably hate too but destroy her career, really? We're talking about Britney Spears, she's done way more controversial than this?? :juggingu: And since her team didn't bother to do promo OG MM was the only opportunity to make the GP know she's having a new album. 

No, not destroy her career but her image. In the 2000's, yes Britney did a lot of controversial things, but at this time, no Pop Girl/Woman was at the same level of Britney, and again the Make Me original mv is the most vulgar music video Britney ever did. Today, Britney is almost not known with this new generation sadly, now everyone talk about Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Lady Gaga... But if they released the original MV, do you think Britney will earn more fans and be liked after this vulgar music video? Why Ariana Grande is popular for example? Because almost everyone can see her music video without being shocked by how the scenes are vulgar etc., but how Britney will ever be popular with that vulgar MV? All medias and many people will start to hate on Britney so destroy her image, not her career as she can continue to perform etc.

Why this nonsense thread Is still a thing? Why does nobody insult wb or hiam videos even if they are just like make me, Great visuals and no plot? 

The visuals in make me are insanely good, and that's not even the final cut 

You deserves an era made of videos like that cringefest of make me official video!

5 hours ago, MSTAR said:

No, not destroy her career but her image. In the 2000's, yes Britney did a lot of controversial things, but at this time, no Pop Girl/Woman was at the same level of Britney, and again the Make Me original mv is the most vulgar music video Britney ever did. Today, Britney is almost not known with this new generation sadly, now everyone talk about Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Lady Gaga... But if they released the original MV, do you think Britney will earn more fans and be liked after this vulgar music video? Why Ariana Grande is popular for example? Because almost everyone can see her music video without being shocked by how the scenes are vulgar etc., but how Britney will ever be popular with that vulgar MV? All medias and many people will start to hate on Britney so destroy her image, not her career as she can continue to perform etc.

do you really think her image can be more tarnished than it's already been?

All those that worry about her "image" seem to not have been alive back in 2006-2007. Nothing that she does now, especially career wise, can be more damaging than all she's had to withstand when she was destroyed for things that came from her personal life. She's a performer, she has the ability to go from Scream & Shout to Ooh La La to Work ***** to Perfume. One video won't hurt anything, unless it's really bad, like the MM video we got, which in itself wasn't that negative, but it was so boring and lame that ruined any chances for the Glory era to survive.

Pretty Girls was the most disliked video of hers, but it was also the fastest to reach 100M views, and despite everything that people could say, it was a moderate hit at the time, peaking higher than many other of her singles. At the end of the day, even though things could've been better, the video served its purpose, and her image remained unbothered when she re-appeared the following year at the BBMAs performing the medley, or doing everything that she did in 2016.

The purpose of a music video is to promote the song, and if it has some controversy in it, it's even better. Slumber Party is a great video, and it ended up being completely useless, with the song flopping harder than Perfume, because no one's checking on her. Original MM would've made everyone turn their heads to see what Britney's doing and once she had their attention, she could've continued releasing more singles off the album. It's the kickstarter of the era, the lead single. And it's Britney freaking Spears. Maybe Ariana or Taylor or whoever else would've been criticized for releasing something like that (and I really doubt so tbh), but Britney is waaaay past beyond that.

You wanna see trashy? THIS is trashy

David LC doesn’t make bad music videos especially when it comes to a high profile name like Britney. He would have worked on it longer and probably reshot some things before releasing it. It’s obvious that the video shoot was stopped midway. 

6 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

whoever says MM original Britney was trashy but loves the ITZ/Onyx era is a hypocrite

THIS :meryl:  Y’all are so against the original Make Me video but stan Breathe On Me and the Onyx Hotel Tour sooo much. I’ll remind you of this, which was performed all around the world, in front of children, and on tv...

But I guess some of you aren’t ready for that conversation :checkit:

• Super Mods
10 minutes ago, Nomada said:

The final versión of david lachapelle  is so much better than the leaked versión, the official single cover is on the set, they have a lot of better scences than the leaked one

Wait a minute...there actually is a final version? 

49 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

do you really think her image can be more tarnished than it's already been?

All those that worry about her "image" seem to not have been alive back in 2006-2007. Nothing that she does now, especially career wise, can be more damaging than all she's had to withstand when she was destroyed for things that came from her personal life. She's a performer, she has the ability to go from Scream & Shout to Ooh La La to Work ***** to Perfume. One video won't hurt anything, unless it's really bad, like the MM video we got, which in itself wasn't that negative, but it was so boring and lame that ruined any chances for the Glory era to survive.

Pretty Girls was the most disliked video of hers, but it was also the fastest to reach 100M views, and despite everything that people could say, it was a moderate hit at the time, peaking higher than many other of her singles. At the end of the day, even though things could've been better, the video served its purpose, and her image remained unbothered when she re-appeared the following year at the BBMAs performing the medley, or doing everything that she did in 2016.

The purpose of a music video is to promote the song, and if it has some controversy in it, it's even better. Slumber Party is a great video, and it ended up being completely useless, with the song flopping harder than Perfume, because no one's checking on her. Original MM would've made everyone turn their heads to see what Britney's doing and once she had their attention, she could've continued releasing more singles off the album. It's the kickstarter of the era, the lead single. And it's Britney freaking Spears. Maybe Ariana or Taylor or whoever else would've been criticized for releasing something like that (and I really doubt so tbh), but Britney is waaaay past beyond that.

You wanna see trashy? THIS is trashy

Well, her image was getting better and better since Circus. The 2006-2007 era...well she was a victim of medias, etc. But here, she will be the cible of haters.

For me, comparing Pretty Girls and MM original isn't fair enough. Pretty girls can be hated (even if here, I like the mv to be honnest), but MM is an explicit mv. Well, JLO did with Iggy Azalea B***y, yes it was controversial but many said it was way to vulagar to be a music video. It didn't had as much as Papi, On The floor etc. She cameback after with Ain't Your Mama, with this time a mv not vulgar and it worked.

To conclude: everyone has his opinion. Some like it, some don't. I think this mv is bad. And could probaly destroy the image of Britney, ok in 2007 it was already destroyed. But after she rebuilt a new image of herself, stronger than ever, a femme fatale, medias are in general talking good about Britney compared to before. In my opinion, MM could probally destroy her image, not as worst as in 2007, but I know that many persons would not to listen to her music after that, many will say that Britney wants to be popular again by making this vulgar and provocative music video just to grow in popularity because no one cares about her. And that's why I don't want this mv, many says she looks gorgeous etc. Yes, she looks, but that's not my priority if she looks beautiful etc. I want a good quality mv, not a controversial vulgar mv after all. Tastes of each one can't be discussed.

12 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Well, her image was getting better and better since Circus. The 2006-2007 era...well she was a victim of medias, etc. But here, she will be the cible of haters.

For me, comparing Pretty Girls and MM original isn't fair enough. Pretty girls can be hated (even if here, I like the mv to be honnest), but MM is an explicit mv. Well, JLO did with Iggy Azalea B***y, yes it was controversial but many said it was way to vulagar to be a music video. It didn't had as much as Papi, On The floor etc. She cameback after with Ain't Your Mama, with this time a mv not vulgar and it worked.

To conclude: everyone has his opinion. Some like it, some don't. I think this mv is bad. And could probaly destroy the image of Britney, ok in 2007 it was already destroyed. But after she rebuilt a new image of herself, stronger than ever, a femme fatale, medias are in general talking good about Britney compared to before. In my opinion, MM could probally destroy her image, not as worst as in 2007, but I know that many persons would not to listen to her music after that, many will say that Britney wants to be popular again by making this vulgar and provocative music video just to grow in popularity because no one cares about her. And that's why I don't want this mv, many says she looks gorgeous etc. Yes, she looks, but that's not my priority if she looks beautiful etc. I want a good quality mv, not a controversial vulgar mv after all. Tastes of each one can't be discussed.

The sad true, is that if she actually looks good, people tend to forgive the rest.

I mean, PG video was tacky and silly, and on top of that, she didn't look good most of the video. Not to mention people not getting the message of the song and believing it was about superficial beauty and that only pretty girls triumph, like, as if the song was about "pretty girls vs ugly girls" when it's more like "girls vs boys"

Make Me... is a nice song, and that alone would've curbed a lot of the "vulgar" tones of the visuals, and brings everything to a whole different context. If it was a song like Gimme More or Get Naked with a video like MM, THAT would've been too much. But it's a soft, sweet song (despite its lyrics) so the contrast is great. And it's funny, because it's a very similar case with Everytime, except that actually that's one of the reasons why I don't like the Everytime video that much, because I feel that the visuals of the paparazzi, Britney fighting with her man, her outfit, etc, it was just not what the song needed, yet people love it for some reason. :yaknow: But with MM I feel like even though it's not something I would've come up with, it had that perfect touch of controversy that a song like that needed to be a good lead single.

That's something that I can't stress enough, the lead single is very important. If MM was released later, with that video, it wouldn't have made much sense, but it was the LEAD single. Any other video, like the one we got, or any other, just wouldn't have made its job to kickstar the era, as it ultimately happen.

When I hear MM, I imagine something like this

Britney-Spears:-Intimate-Collection-Clotvlcsnap-2018-12-12-08h45m44s88.png

like soft, randeefied colors, but that's just too boring and plain.

I think David's final version would've had some corrections, effects, filters, etc, to make it look like a work of art, and even if it would've passed as not so favorite video among the fans, it would've done its job as a good lead single.

6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

The sad true, is that if she actually looks good, people tend to forgive the rest.

I mean, PG video was tacky and silly, and on top of that, she didn't look good most of the video. Not to mention people not getting the message of the song and believing it was about superficial beauty and that only pretty girls triumph, like, as if the song was about "pretty girls vs ugly girls" when it's more like "girls vs boys"

Make Me... is a nice song, and that alone would've curbed a lot of the "vulgar" tones of the visuals, and brings everything to a whole different context. If it was a song like Gimme More or Get Naked with a video like MM, THAT would've been too much. But it's a soft, sweet song (despite its lyrics) so the contrast is great. And it's funny, because it's a very similar case with Everytime, except that actually that's one of the reasons why I don't like the Everytime video that much, because I feel that the visuals of the paparazzi, Britney fighting with her man, her outfit, etc, it was just not what the song needed, yet people love it for some reason. :yaknow: But with MM I feel like even though it's not something I would've come up with, it had that perfect touch of controversy that a song like that needed to be a good lead single.

That's something that I can't stress enough, the lead single is very important. If MM was released later, with that video, it wouldn't have made much sense, but it was the LEAD single. Any other video, like the one we got, or any other, just wouldn't have made its job to kickstar the era, as it ultimately happen.

When I hear MM, I imagine something like this

Britney-Spears:-Intimate-Collection-Clotvlcsnap-2018-12-12-08h45m44s88.png

like soft, randeefied colors, but that's just too boring and plain.

I think David's final version would've had some corrections, effects, filters, etc, to make it look like a work of art, and even if it would've passed as not so favorite video among the fans, it would've done its job as a good lead single.

It's true that there is a contrast between the song, lyrics, and the mv. And yeah, if it was Gimme More etc., it would be too provocative, but still, the images takes sometimes over.

I still understand what you are meaning and you've right on some points.

Archived