Britney's unreleased "Make Me" music video is actually horrible (opinion)

Blackout2006

1 hour ago, blackoutbixxh said:

THIS :meryl:  Y’all are so against the original Make Me video but stan Breathe On Me and the Onyx Hotel Tour sooo much. I’ll remind you of this, which was performed all around the world, in front of children, and on tv...

But I guess some of you aren’t ready for that conversation :checkit:

BuT i DoN't LiKe It! If I dOn'T liKe It ThEn It MuSt Be BaD #makemebad

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

BuT i DoN't LiKe It! If I dOn'T liKe It ThEn It MuSt Be BaD #makemebad

Your avi, I- :urite:

As La'Chapelle said, it's not the final cut of the video. I don't think we should make any judgement calls on what we think of the video, because it well could have been something entirely different than what was leaked :mhm: like, that body double at the start of the video (:imok:) could have been scrapped immediately, it just happened to be one of the scenes that resurfaced

I absolutely love the whole randomness of it, the Adam & Eve eviction sign at the front door of the house :urite: Britney just casually throwing a smart-screen TV out a window, killing this guy :omg: and the whole cage scene with the red body paint, it was so gorgeous :lessons: 

Britney Spears' ORIGINAL Make Me music video leaks!: ohnotheydidnt ...

2 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

THIS :meryl:  Y’all are so against the original Make Me video but stan Breathe On Me and the Onyx Hotel Tour sooo much. I’ll remind you of this, which was performed all around the world, in front of children, and on tv...

But I guess some of you aren’t ready for that conversation :checkit:

Well, I never liked Onyx performances just as the recent performances from 2013+ too. And in the beginning of the Onyx show, it was clearly said that kids are not recommended to see it, it was rated.

IMG-20200510-004359.jpg

Yeah...in front of children... :nochillbrit::tiffdrink:

40 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Well, I never liked Onyx performances just as the recent performances from 2013+ too. And in the beginning of the Onyx show, it was clearly said that kids are not recommended to see it, it was rated.

IMG-20200510-004359.jpg

...that was a tv warning for the Showtime concert, they didn't have that on the actual concert

confused britney spears GIF

10 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

...that was a tv warning for the Showtime concert, they didn't have that on the actual concert

confused britney spears GIF

I know, and because they say it was broadcasted on TVs and front of children...so why in the TV they warned and rated this concert (they advice viewer discretion too), so I'm confused about how childs are front of this concert... :ineedthetruth:

And to be honnest, if the TV rated this, I can't see how the original Make Me would pass on MTV and other music channels. :frenchy:

1 hour ago, MSTAR said:

IMG-20200510-004359.jpg

So because you don’t like them they’re bad performances? :idgi: And the parental guidance was only for the tv special. There were no “warnings” before purchasing tickets for the actual tour. Her primary audience were kids, teens and younger adults, and yet this was performed time and time again. No one wants to talk about it though because ITZ is praised as her best era, referring to her and her performances as “Primeney”. This thread is filled with a bunch of hypocrites :huh: 

18 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

So because you don’t like them they’re bad performances? :idgi: And the parental guidance was only for the tv special. There were no “warnings” before purchasing tickets for the actual tour. Her primary audience were kids, teens and younger adults, and yet this was performed time and time again. No one wants to talk about it though because ITZ is praised as her best era, referring to her and her performances as “Primeney”. This thread is filled with a bunch of hypocrites :huh: 

Omg, I never said it was a bad performance because I don't like it... And excuse me, but you said that who hate the original Make Me and like the Onyx tour are hypocrite, and I answered you no, I don't like both so I don't see how I can be hypocrite if I'm saying my opinion and being honnest. Taking the opinion of someone and generalize it for everyone isn't the solution. And again, yes maybe there were kids on the real concert, but they are in the majority fans of Britney, no? But I'm not talking as a britney fan, but as someone who say its opinion like if I didn't know who is Britney. That's the difference. A britney fan can still disagree with some facts that Britney did etc. It doesn't mean that he will agree and love everything blindly.

The original meaning of the thread of @Blackout2006 was meant to discuss and know opinion of each one. We were explaining WHY we don't like this MV. The main reason was that the mv was too much vulgar (some people disagree, but it depends on each people!). But when we discuss on something, in general you explain and give your ideas etc. We gave our, we tried to explain. Now I understand some points on why you like the MM original mv, I respect people's opinion. But if I don't like, I don't like, I explained why, so periodt. If you liked the mv, then good for you and enjoy! :hiii:

12 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Omg, I never said it was a bad performance because I don't like it... And excuse me, but you said that who hate the original Make Me and like the Onyx tour are hypocrite, and I answered you no, I don't like both so I don't see how I can be hypocrite if I'm saying my opinion and being honnest. Taking the opinion of someone and generalize it for everyone isn't the solution. And again, yes maybe there were kids on the real concert, but they are in the majority fans of Britney, no? But I'm not talking as a britney fan, but as someone who say its opinion like if I didn't know who is Britney. That's the difference. A britney fan can still disagree with some facts that Britney did etc. It doesn't mean that he will agree and love everything blindly.

The original meaning of the thread of @Blackout2006 was meant to discuss and know opinion of each one. We were explaining WHY we don't like this MV. The main reason was that the mv was too much vulgar (some people disagree, but it depends on each people!). But when we discuss on something, in general you explain and give your ideas etc. We gave our, we tried to explain. Now I understand some points on why you like the MM original mv, I respect people's opinion. But if I don't like, I don't like, I explained why, so periodt. If you liked the mv, then good for you and enjoy! :hiii:

My post was not directed towards you but more of a general statement. You’re one of the few standing by your opinion to dislike both. The hypocrisy comes from those in this thread saying they dislike the video because it’s too trashy but praise other videos and performances that were just as raunchy and ******. But once they’re given specific examples go on to contradict their original statements. It’s quite comical :chrissy:

On 4/26/2020 at 3:50 PM, PokemonSpears said:

you know, it's funny because just yesterday I was watching HSM behind the scenes videos, and as always, I couldn't escape from Britney appearing in some kind of form whenever I try to watch things unrelated to her.

At the beginning of the video, the director explains the Fabulous song is a wink to Britney and Madonna, as if they lived that way lol I don't know about Madonna, but we know Britney's lifestyle is anything but fabulous, at least in the sense the song describes. I thought it was kinda cute or flattering that they did so, but I kept thinking how distorted is the perception most people have of Britney. And this was in like, 2007?

aww hsm lol i never realized that was a nod to britney. i could see madonna like Material Girl. cute times.

13 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

My post was not directed towards you but more of a general statement. You’re one of the few standing by your opinion to dislike both. The hypocrisy comes from those in this thread saying they dislike the video because it’s too trashy but praise other videos and performances that were just as raunchy and ******. But once they’re given specific examples go on to contradict their original statements. It’s quite comical :chrissy:

I agree with that fact. It's true that some are doing a contradiction with themselves, even me, I don't understand how someone can defend Onyx for example and saying that original MM mv is vulgar, it's illogic. :ipass:

2 hours ago, MSTAR said:

I know, and because they say it was broadcasted on TVs and front of children...so why in the TV they warned and rated this concert (they advice viewer discretion too), so I'm confused about how childs are front of this concert... :ineedthetruth:

because that's a legal cover for the channel, that was a tv station doing not a team britney thing

7 hours ago, YvonneSpears said:

The finished product of that video would have been perfection! So your not allowed to be **** as a mother in your 30s. Come on!!whatever GIF by Britney Spears

That’s not my implementation. That’s the implementation of 85% of the music industry. Once a female performer reaches 35+, we know how toxic the industry and GO would be towards them. But o well, y’all just like thinking it our way :chrissy:

10 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Her primary audience were kids, teens and younger adults, and yet this was performed time and time again. No one wants to talk about it though because ITZ is praised as her best era, referring to her and her performances as “Primeney”. This thread is filled with a bunch of hypocrites :huh: 

jennifer lopez yes GIF by mtv

Actually having watched it again, I think the video was largely unfinished. Plot was missing

Why she throw the TV in the pool killing the bf, then revive him.

Why she bulldose the house

It feels like it has a bigger plot

Also the editing is very unfinished, no color adjustments, the editing was amateur. I'm sure if they stick with it, they can easily scale down /remove the more racy bits to make it look more tasteful.

On 4/26/2020 at 1:22 PM, puppylo16 said:

Yeah I always thought it was intentional to make it “trashy” people complain now but I’m sure years later they would be like “the make me video is a masterpiece!” Look at how when Gimme More came out with that low budget music video, everyone lost their **** at how a big artist like Britney has a cheap video that looks like it was shot on a camcorder now people love it.

I mean the video is far more interesting than the official, look at how we are still talking about it. Imagine if it was released, I’m sure some people will hate it but it will be talked about which means her song will get more exposure because everyone  want to see what the big commotion about the video. 

i agree with you the unreleased version is way better and dont get me wrong i love both versions though

Just rewatched...The first part with her and the dancers always make me think about "3". I love that video because ow how simple it is, how mcuh *** she's got, and how great she looks. It's simple, plain and yet you want to look all 3 minutes. She should have stuck to that.
I do like the released version tho. 

• 1 month later...

Archived