Britney's unreleased "Make Me" music video is actually horrible (opinion)

Blackout2006

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If u think so then ok. Doesn't mean they couldn't make smth out of it by editing. Also why it's always 30 and kids card being used for that video but not for her dancing in underwear at the pom. Also the one we got has a s.e.x scene with a random guy from the audition. And that is ok for a mother of 2kids. Ha well that is really  strange. Both videos r not so good. But at least davids had expensive outfits and normal lighting. I hate that randee made mv with that horrible lighting.

On 4/26/2020 at 7:58 PM, EasyThere said:

It literally isn't. The fact she was feeling herself says everything.

Plus her looking that good without any editing was mind blowing.

Some of the plot didn't really make sense. But we never actually got finished version. If anything they could've go with dance scenes as official music video. Anything would have been better than the cringe fest, we got at the end.

Also OG MM mv was literally prime Britney in everything. Trashy yet ****. And quite controversial even for 2016. It would have  helped the song quite a bit.

Again.

Taste has left the chat in this thread.

This!

Anything would've been better than what we ended up having.

Yes, it would've been dragged by the media, but wasn't she dragged by literally everything she did at her prime? 

Britney was feeling it, she was empowered (maybe because she was actually proud of the album and getting to do things kind of her way after so many years), and that's what they didn't like. They rather let die a whole era like that. No wonder she's not interested in recording anymore.

At least this time we got to see I would say 80% of what the video would've been. Unlike many other times before

Justice for Gimme More original concept video btw :crying2:

W Channel Documentary GIF by UKTV

but I never liked any of these two videos. They just don't make any sense to me. Choreography is bad. I know storyline is not always necessary but it's maybe easier to connect to when you are releasing such a mid tempo as your lead. :imacat:

throwing a TV into a pool, grinding in a cage...it was just a mess. I expected something more creative :ugh:

On 4/26/2020 at 1:52 PM, puppylo16 said:

Honestly I’ll still take the unreleased one over the official one. It’s so unwatchable and embarrassing, at least that video had good visuals and that’s the point of a music video. They don’t have to make sense. 

this. at least the unofficial would've had people talking. the official one is so easily forgotten. 

2 hours ago, asitalian12587 said:

this. at least the unofficial would've had people talking. the official one is so easily forgotten. 

I'd have rather prefered an easily forgotten mv (well, Britney have many easily forgotten mv like Someday or Kill The Lights, so Make Me is not an only case) than an mv which will destroys Britney' image and her reputation. :brityes:

In all cases both videos are bad. :ugh:

I think they took a wrong direction with it both times. The scrapped one had some great scenes (the beauty shots, the dancing and the cage scene) but the Geazy scene was disturbing. On the other hand she looked like a living barbie on the released version but the whole concept, execution and editing were bad.

They could just throw a dance scene (even without the *********) the cage scene and some other aesthetically pleasant scenes and make a great video

Even the official one could be good if they axed the auditions and final scene and replaced those with a dancing scene

On 4/29/2020 at 8:23 PM, kasavas said:

I don't think it's fair to say that and judge David. It wasn't edited properly, scenes were missing so it didn't make much sense... I think that Britney looked beautiful and yes, it might not be great but we only got to see an unfinished, unedited version, of course it'd be far from perfect. Also who'd judge her from being a mum and showing skin? It was 2016 sis, not 1996

We are not talking about how the MV looks, yes it doesn't have any effects, it misses many scenes and there are no video edits on the unfinished project. I'm aware of that. But even by making the most beautiful effects on the mv, it can't save the vulagar scenes which are actually shot. We just can't. No one can judge her, she is free (and even, is she free to do everything she wants?), so we can't judge her but commenting and giving an opinion. Being a mother or not, those scenes are vulgar and I can't imagine a family seeing the TV and this MV is showed on TV, omg. So the whole original MV is ugly and so the official too.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:27 AM, Roxxy said:

Yeah, hi! 🧡💛 For the record, it was never confirmed that it was Britney who decided on not releasing it. Also, I don't think you're a new fan because if you aren't then you would've known that it's not all the time that Britney has complete creative control.

Because if we use your logic, then are you saying Britney axed the original Perfume video? When Joseph Kahn clearly stated that it was HER TEAM that wanted to water it down.

Back to original Make Me, Larry Rudolph never said it was Britney. He only said that they thought "it just didn't work". Meaning it was a team decision. Let's not spread fake news. :barbie:

David Lachapelle made very clear Britney didnt like it. What doesnt make sense because she looks really comfortable on the scenes.

Or maybe that's what her team told him. But I feel like they would rather release that than wasting so much money on that video and shooting another one, but I can't see why he would lie because the supports Free Britney

2 minutes ago, diegofs said:

David Lachapelle made very clear Britney didnt like it. What doesnt make sense because she looks really comfortable on the scenes.

Or maybe that's what her team told him. But I feel like they would rather release that than wasting so much money on that video and shooting another one, but I can't see why he would lie because the supports Free Britney

David clearly stated that it was Britney herself who asked him to film her naked in the cage. How can she not be comfortable with the video when the most vulgar and explicit scene was her idea? :imacat:

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

David clearly stated that it was Britney herself who asked him to film her naked in the cage. How can she not be comfortable with the video when the most vulgar and explicit scene was her idea? :imacat:

That's why I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't hear from Britney that she didn't like it

On 4/26/2020 at 8:08 PM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

the fact that they used a body double is so freakin' cringe :slowdown:

That is Britney ***** !!  :lolnoworries::britoverit:
I zoomed its HER!! :gerlwat:   Her chine, her nose, her lips, the height...:receipts2:
qjW0fIb.jpg
16ezGyj.jpgCapture3CgJSide.jpg
It's just the second, less risqué outfit, flattens her *** (probably just made for her to dance more comfortably). 
A body double would have nerver flipped her hair like that, knowing not to show her face. :lemmetellu:
And she was in absolute TOP shape for this era.

Britney CosmoculJbv1.gif:letitburn:

But I guess it's Peter and Wolf after the Till The World Ends scandal... :truthtea: 

Anyone remember @Chrisnay,  (please don't say I am the same person cause I have the same name.....I would never live in Florida lol) 

...I remember everyone trashing him at the time cause he said they had plans to release the other one, then he was banned, and the conservatorship thing happens and BOOM it is released.  So looks like he was right and team B was holding it to release when they needed to. 

@Chrisnayif you are out there, Im sorry I didn't believe you! You trashy Florida STAN Insider ;)

Archived