#FREEBRITNEY | Britney’s Gram Received Worrying Voicemail Regarding Britney

13 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

while i do believe something real sketch is going on the pod cast and those girls confuse me

its like they werent expecting this much and now they stay kinda quiet

I think they knew exactly what they were doing.

I would listen to their podcast while I did the dishes and stuff like that and they’d always chime in and say they were “comedians”? And that they had “fans”? Idk. They’ve always been weird but that unknown voicemail paralegal just seemed thirsty to me. :whatitellu:

4 minutes ago, CrystalDorris said:

More accounts on what happens at Mercy Ministries/Multiplied:

She asked attendants for her prescription Xanax but says they refused. Instead, they offered to pray with her and gave her a sheet of paper titled “Peaceful Sleep,” with a bolded line from Psalm 127:2: “He grants sleep to those he loves.” Hayley tried to pray, but sleep didn’t come. For the rest of the night, she lay awake, still panicking, wondering if God had abandoned her.

She also says she was punished with extra reading and chores for infractions as minor as sharing her CD player. When her brother died unexpectedly a month into her stay, Mercy didn’t bring in the certified grief counselor that her parents had requested, she says. According to Hayley, Mercy staff unswervingly held her and others to a one-size-fits-all counseling curriculum. 

The 14 former residents and five families I interviewed for this story—all members of those lists—say that Mercy emphasizes faith healing, despite marketing language that suggests a strong embrace of scientifically based treatments. They say the program pressures, guilts, and spiritually manipulates residents into following a counseling model that treats every problem, from anorexia to childhood abuse, the exact same way. They say Mercy staff’s lack of formal clinical training puts mentally ill or traumatized clients at greater psychological risk, even pushing them deeper into depression and addiction. Some say that under the guidance of their counselors, several Mercy residents falsely accused their families of horrific abuse. Parents have watched their daughters vanish from their lives after exiting the program, in some cases without any explanation

Divine or not, those connections have grown Mercy’s operating budget to $8.5 million (and Alcorn’s salary to $242,598 as of 2014, according to tax documents). Its funding stems from churches nationwide and wealthy Christian power players such as personal finance guru Dave Ramsey, Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam, Grammy-winning gospel singer CeCe Winans, and Los Angeles Rams coach Jeff Fisher, who donates annually to Mercy through a celebrity softball game fundraiser.

The seven-part counseling model Alcorn created was originally called Restoring the Foundations. It leads residents through steps including choosing to forgive one’s abusers, eradicating negative self-perceptions, and overcoming toxic behaviors that Alcorn believed passed spiritually through the family line. Through Jesus Christ, Alcorn writes, women can overcome oppressive forces in their lives, which she describes as the schemes and deceptions of the “enemy.”

Mercy doesn’t require its counselors to be licensed mental health practitioners.

Stanford says the Mercy model appears to combine two religious philosophies, Theophostic Prayer Ministry and Restoring the Foundations Ministry. (Alcorn’s original counseling model and RTF Ministry share a name and are similar but not identical.) Both are rooted in the Charismatic Christian movement, which believes in spiritual warfare, the gifts and healing powers of the Holy Spirit, prophesy, the laying of hands to anoint or empower an ailing individual, and salvation from demonic forces through deliverance. “We’re talking about demons in the literal sense,” says Stanford. “[Practitioners might say] ‘You have a spirit of depression,’ meaning an actual demon is causing you to be depressed. Or you could be experiencing depression because generations ago in your family, someone gave an opening for the demonic.”

Multiple former Mercy residents told me that staff members shouted at demons to flee their bodies. Bethany M., a 2007 resident of Mercy’s St. Louis home (who asked that Slate withhold her last name due to privacy concerns) says staff threatened to expel her from the program if she didn’t let a visiting evangelist lay hands and prophesy over her during a sermon. When mononucleosis swept through the Lincoln home, Hayley says staff blamed the outbreak on evil spirits and asked the residents to walk through the halls calling for the spirits’ banishment.

Today, the sixth step in Alcorn’s seven-step counseling model is called Freedom From Oppression—but before 2009, it was called “Demonic Oppression,” according to three former residents. 

Whenever Lily brought up her anorexia, her counselor would say, “Have you prayed about it? Have you talked to God about it?” “And I thought maybe I’m the weird one for not having this open heart,” Lily says. In order to please her counselor, she began praying out loud and saying that God had spoken to her. The performance eventually felt real; it was, she says, “a slow brainwashing.” 

See the complete article here:

https://www.slate.com/articles/life/cover_story/2016/04/at_mercy_multiplied_troubled_young_women_come_to_believe_their_mental_health.html?via=gdpr-consent

I am laughing so hard just at the first line. If someone refused to give me my Xanax and told me they’d pray for me instead, I’d punch them in the face. :fu:

• Like 2

Oh and Mercy Multiplied (formerly Mercy Ministries) book on how to do exorcisms leaked:

https://culteducation.com/group/971-hillsong-church/9696-mercy-ministries-exorcism-books-leaked.html 

Lets not forget:

In 2011, Britney's foundation went broke and the last of its money was used to make a $50,000 donation to a charity called Mercy Ministries in which Lou M Taylor served as an honorary chair.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, f**knfurter said:

Her wild behavior. He was a big supporter of the "girl next door" Britney, so her behavior was too much for him.

He met her so many times that it just doesn’t make sense. He definitely saw “the shift” happen. I don’t think he was obsessed with her being the girl next door AT ALL. Britney fired Felicia like right around that time. Who fires Felicia? I’m sorry but that’s crazy.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CrystalDorris said:

Oh and Mercy Multiplied (formerly Mercy Ministries) book on how to do exorcisms leaked:

https://culteducation.com/group/971-hillsong-church/9696-mercy-ministries-exorcism-books-leaked.html 

Lets not forget:

In 2011, Britney's foundation went broke and the last of its money was used to make a $50,000 donation to a charity called Mercy Ministries in which Lou M Taylor served as an honorary chair.

For more info on Britneys charitable donation and how we came to find this out:

https://www.showbiz411.com/2011/07/21/britney-spears-zeroes-out-her-charitable-foundation-its-over

• Like 5
3 hours ago, colormefresh said:

But you believed that podcast that set everything on fire? Lol please.

And you're still questioning the things brought up by these girls that at least one of which is a journalist?

And you still believe in Team Britney?

Just say that you'd rather want Britney to stay in her conservatorship perpetually.. That's something that you want isn't it? To leech out of her being in a state that robs her of her autonomy and will.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Kisle said:

“A ways to go for a full recovery”... from what? I have not seen a single fact about her situation. They’re so annoying. :icant2:

Not that it matters, as long as Britney is okay, she needs time to sort her personal matters as we all do.

If she has mental issues, there is no full recovery. If she’s bipolar, she’s not going to take a mix of ***** one day and wake up the next cured. But I guess the next time they try to parade Britney around in her underwear to sell music, we’re supposed to believe she’s perfectly fine and not horribly ill. I swear they’re trying to make us sick in the head enough to believe these lies.

1 hour ago, Kartofelek said:

All you people seem to only care about her struggling to go back on stage (to later complain how robotic she is) and make another album, when certainly all she needs is a year or two off to focus on her own wellbeing.

Amen. Finally someone with some sense.

5 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

I don’t get what you’re confused about...

Taking care of a grown *** woman full-time is ALOT of work. And I know Britney is NOT someone who just goes with the flow. I don’t know her diagnosis, but I know she is NOT going to do what people tell her to do unless she reaps a benefit.

Uhm...does the word "conservatorship" ring any bell to you...? :mcorangu:

Let's not act like she's 100% free when she's clearly not (entirely, at least). :mj:

• Like 6