#FREEBRITNEY | Britney’s Gram Received Worrying Voicemail Regarding Britney

2 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

Oh, so you think YOU did something when they announced she went in on her own and she’d be out in 30 days from the get go? And now 30 days are up and she’s out....

Nope, I did nothing, only got emotional and triggered by some elements of whole scenario, thanks 

I was observing other folks activated :evilpatrick:

1 minute ago, colormefresh said:

I honestly know nothing about Lou, other than the fact that she’s disposable. So if y’all wanna run at her with pitchforks, it’s your prerogative.

I just want Britney to be okay. :mhm:

We all do and that's why I feel like this whole "let's get X sorted later" is the reason why she's been on this cship for longer than needed, if ever needed such a restrictive cship. I mean, if she's not fit to make decisions on her own how is she fit to work at all. It all looks messy, Lou included, and we all want her to be free and okay

• Like 3
  • Content Curators
5 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

Nope.

Also notice how there hasn’t been a follow up podcast since then.

while i do believe something real sketch is going on the pod cast and those girls confuse me

its like they werent expecting this much and now they stay kinda quiet

• Like 2
1 minute ago, colormefresh said:

Lynne called him and asked him to go to Sinai. She even agreed to be on his show. Isn’t she y’alls hero? (For now) :juggingu:

Not MY hero. Also I’m pretty sure the story goes Lynne agreed on the show and then Phil (trying to remember his real name I think it’s McGraw or smth) came in to her room without permission and made things a whole lot worse. Then he demanded compensation or something for them not coming on his show even though there was nothing officially binding (if I remember correctly) and proceeded to act like Britney’s personal doctor in every interview when he had no business doing so. Point is, I don’t trust him on the matter. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, pieceofbritUK said:

We all do and that's why I feel like this whole "let's get X sorted later" is the reason why she's been on this cship for longer than needed, if ever needed such a restrictive cship. I mean, if she's not fit to make decisions on her own how is she fit to work at all. It all looks messy, Lou included, and we all want her to be free and okay

No, it seems like you’re all scorned lovers and you have a bone to pick.

Yall know she is not being ~held against her will~ and you know she’s not mentally well, but you’re on the curb screaming “free Britney”, with no medical documents.... no knowledge....

Its cute or whatever. God bless. :byetina:

Are you seriously thinking about her working? Right after she left a mental health institution? I can’t at this ‘fan’ base.  How can you even call yourself fans? Or better yet, human beings? 

Britney is supposedly so sick she needs a lifetime conservatorship to delegate her every action. She can’t make decisions, can’t drive, and is a danger to her kids... and You want to buy music from such a dangerously disabled person so the money can pay her handlers? Are you seriously that selfish?

Unless Britney sits her butt in front of a microphone and sings from her heart, and we can clearly see her expressions on camera, I don’t want a single, a residency, a tour or any other manufactured piece of crap that is labeled with her name. Anyone who buys anything else from her “team” should turn in their stan card. For f**ks sake we have been fed Myah Marie as a Britney substitute just to keep the machine going... don’t give them anymore money to lie to and manipulate the fandom anymore.

• Like 3

More accounts on what happens at Mercy Ministries/Multiplied:

She asked attendants for her prescription Xanax but says they refused. Instead, they offered to pray with her and gave her a sheet of paper titled “Peaceful Sleep,” with a bolded line from Psalm 127:2: “He grants sleep to those he loves.” Hayley tried to pray, but sleep didn’t come. For the rest of the night, she lay awake, still panicking, wondering if God had abandoned her.

She also says she was punished with extra reading and chores for infractions as minor as sharing her CD player. When her brother died unexpectedly a month into her stay, Mercy didn’t bring in the certified grief counselor that her parents had requested, she says. According to Hayley, Mercy staff unswervingly held her and others to a one-size-fits-all counseling curriculum. 

The 14 former residents and five families I interviewed for this story—all members of those lists—say that Mercy emphasizes faith healing, despite marketing language that suggests a strong embrace of scientifically based treatments. They say the program pressures, guilts, and spiritually manipulates residents into following a counseling model that treats every problem, from anorexia to childhood abuse, the exact same way. They say Mercy staff’s lack of formal clinical training puts mentally ill or traumatized clients at greater psychological risk, even pushing them deeper into depression and addiction. Some say that under the guidance of their counselors, several Mercy residents falsely accused their families of horrific abuse. Parents have watched their daughters vanish from their lives after exiting the program, in some cases without any explanation

Divine or not, those connections have grown Mercy’s operating budget to $8.5 million (and Alcorn’s salary to $242,598 as of 2014, according to tax documents). Its funding stems from churches nationwide and wealthy Christian power players such as personal finance guru Dave Ramsey, Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam, Grammy-winning gospel singer CeCe Winans, and Los Angeles Rams coach Jeff Fisher, who donates annually to Mercy through a celebrity softball game fundraiser.

The seven-part counseling model Alcorn created was originally called Restoring the Foundations. It leads residents through steps including choosing to forgive one’s abusers, eradicating negative self-perceptions, and overcoming toxic behaviors that Alcorn believed passed spiritually through the family line. Through Jesus Christ, Alcorn writes, women can overcome oppressive forces in their lives, which she describes as the schemes and deceptions of the “enemy.”

Mercy doesn’t require its counselors to be licensed mental health practitioners.

Stanford says the Mercy model appears to combine two religious philosophies, Theophostic Prayer Ministry and Restoring the Foundations Ministry. (Alcorn’s original counseling model and RTF Ministry share a name and are similar but not identical.) Both are rooted in the Charismatic Christian movement, which believes in spiritual warfare, the gifts and healing powers of the Holy Spirit, prophesy, the laying of hands to anoint or empower an ailing individual, and salvation from demonic forces through deliverance. “We’re talking about demons in the literal sense,” says Stanford. “[Practitioners might say] ‘You have a spirit of depression,’ meaning an actual demon is causing you to be depressed. Or you could be experiencing depression because generations ago in your family, someone gave an opening for the demonic.”

Multiple former Mercy residents told me that staff members shouted at demons to flee their bodies. Bethany M., a 2007 resident of Mercy’s St. Louis home (who asked that Slate withhold her last name due to privacy concerns) says staff threatened to expel her from the program if she didn’t let a visiting evangelist lay hands and prophesy over her during a sermon. When mononucleosis swept through the Lincoln home, Hayley says staff blamed the outbreak on evil spirits and asked the residents to walk through the halls calling for the spirits’ banishment.

Today, the sixth step in Alcorn’s seven-step counseling model is called Freedom From Oppression—but before 2009, it was called “Demonic Oppression,” according to three former residents. 

Whenever Lily brought up her anorexia, her counselor would say, “Have you prayed about it? Have you talked to God about it?” “And I thought maybe I’m the weird one for not having this open heart,” Lily says. In order to please her counselor, she began praying out loud and saying that God had spoken to her. The performance eventually felt real; it was, she says, “a slow brainwashing.” 

See the complete article here:

https://www.slate.com/articles/life/cover_story/2016/04/at_mercy_multiplied_troubled_young_women_come_to_believe_their_mental_health.html?via=gdpr-consent

• Like 7