Delete Outrageous from Britney’s discography?

naturalplayboy

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Do Somethin' said:

I don't care if someone downvote me for what i'm about to say but... What does his music has to do with what he did? :juggingu: like seriously, i don't understand! :jtum:

I guess it’s to stop him profiting from streams, any future purchases and royalties (but admittedly I don’t know how music sales work in the current climate)

Also its to show solidarity with the victims by taking a public stand against him. But outrageous wasn’t like a well known R jelly song or anything so I don’t think it’s as crucial in Brinny case as it is for artists who have released and promoted collabs with him.

On a side note, I remember various ITZ interviews where Britney gave off the vibe that she didn’t really like the song and I always got the impression that she was pushed to work with him since he was on RCA too. And she really fought to release other singles over it. Like she chose to have Snoop in the video, over R Jelly, who has nothing to do with the song. 

18 minutes ago, nwonder said:

I guess it’s to stop him from profiting from streams, any future purchases and royalties (but admittedly I don’t know how music sales work in the current climate)

Also its to show solidarity with the victims by taking a public stand against him. But outrageous wasn’t like a well known R jelly song or anything so I don’t think it’s as crucial in Brinny case as it is for artists who have released and promoted collabs with him.

On a side note, I remember various ITZ interviews where Britney gave off the vibe that she didn’t really like the song and I always got the impression that she was pushed to work with him since he was on RCA too. And she really fought to release other singles over it. Like she chose to have Snoop in the video, over R Jelly, who has nothing to do with the song. 

Well that's ok, but i also think that removing what he produced for artists from streaming platforms it's just very stupid :heresthetea: i mean, they worked with this guy and they KNEW who he was/is and what he did and it's well known that he's not a saint :nyschool: imo it would have been better to post something on social media like: "i won't be performing that song anymore" or something like that, but that's just my opinion, of course! :yaknow:

2 hours ago, Do Somethin' said:

I don't care if someone downvote me for what i'm about to say but... What does his music has to do with what he did? :juggingu: like seriously, i don't understand! :jtum:

I personally don't understand this point of people trying to separate somebody's art from their actions - most peoples' art derives from their minds and their actions.

You can relate a lot of his music and lyrics to what he did. He married a 15 year old ffs and wrote for her "Age Ain't Nothin But A Number"...

If you're supporting a predator's career and artistry, you are supporting the predator. This isn't somebody who accidentally did something bad once, he has repeatedly preyed on young girls and knows exactly what he is doing.

He doesn't deserve acknowledgement or recognition for any of his career successes and I think it's dumb that it has taken this long for people to actually start taking a stand against him.

1 minute ago, BabyBabyBay said:

I personally don't understand this point of people trying to separate somebody's art from their actions - most peoples' art derives from their minds and their actions.

You can relate a lot of his music and lyrics to what he did. He married a 15 year old ffs and wrote for her "Age Ain't Nothin But A Number"...

If you're supporting a predator's career and artistry, you are supporting the predator. This isn't somebody who accidentally did something bad once, he has repeatedly preyed on young girls and knows exactly what he is doing.

He doesn't deserve acknowledgement or recognition for any of his career successes and I think it's dumb that it has taken this long for people to actually start taking a stand against him.

Yeah but what i'm trying to say is: they KNEW who he was/is yet they're worked with him and it was fine until now? why?

If you know what i mean?

1 hour ago, Do Somethin' said:

Yeah but what i'm trying to say is: they KNEW who he was/is yet they're worked with him and it was fine until now? why?

If you know what i mean?

I know what you mean, but for the most part, those people just didn’t care back then and they only care now because of what social media  & the #metoo movement has achieved and the backlash, potential loss of profits, potential loss of awards they're facing now.

By working with him they sent out a message to people that he was either indeed innocent or if he was guilty, The lives of those young black girls were worthless.

And whether people apologize to save face or hide away, I’m glad it’s finally happening and that the people who enabled/ stood with him are being called out. 

R pissy can burn in hell. 

(Sorry for the long response :embarrassed:)

4 hours ago, Do Somethin' said:

Because all of the songs he wrote were about his experiences with 12 year olds.

He doesn’t even own most of his music anyway. Apparently he had a really bad record deal. 

And I think people are mostly interested in songs he’s featured on. Not everyone is aware of all the songs he wrote and produced. 

Ironically the only Aaliyah music available online is the stuff he produced and not her later work. 

52 minutes ago, Paulino999 said:

I didn't know she didn't like outrageous...

where did she say that 

I remember in a random interview  an interviewer mentioned that outrageous was her favourite song and Brinny looked kinda unimpressed and was like ‘it’s a cool song but there’s better songs on the record’ or something.  

I also remember reading rumours that she was really against releasing outrageous as the fourth single and tried to fight her team on it.  I think she wanted ITZ to be experimental/ vibey and outrageous was  the generic kind of  sound of the time.

who knows but I always kinda got that vibe.

1 hour ago, Paulino999 said:

I didn't know she didn't like outrageous...

where did she say that 

i read it back in the day in some interview about ITZ... and Jive wanted it to be the first/second single from ITZ but britney wanted matm&toxic :) and it was never mentioned in any of her "favorite songs" and she has alot of favorites - so i dont think she hates it but its prob. the same story like hiam and sometimes.

Archived