Have you noticed this Circus video error?

Nando.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People coming at me for telling the truth lol. Im an editor myself and worked as an editor for 5 years, this is not acceptable, specially for an artist like Britney Spears. And the frame that was posted is not even the exact one I'm talking about because the blue screen pops out first but right after the camera's cables come in as well and makes it even worse. Check for yourself. And the mirror one is when she's putting her jacket on, on the left you can see the reflection of a guy from the crew.

1 hour ago, Lilith said:

thing is, this is not a movie. it's a few mins music video. they had one job and they missed a huge *** blue screen popping in the frame so no, they shouldn't have missed it especially if they went over it many times so :well:

Yeah, it's a music video, which means they're not just sitting down with a director making a cut of a film over a long period and then delivering that to the studio. Instead, they have a tight deadline to get the finished project to the record label and no doubt would be receiving a million notes from them and Britney's team to make changes throughout the entire process and something like this could very easily slip by as they quickly make the corrections and then send that version off to be approved again. 

You can see parts of the studio and lighting popping into frame in MJ's Thriller video, and that's the greatest music video of all time. Some of the very best of the industry worked on that. It happens. A lot. Not a big deal.

I've never noticed the screen until this thread pointed it out and I've watched it a million times because it's one of my favourite Britney videos so... :whatitellu:

11 hours ago, colormefresh said:

You’re the only person who has ever mentioned this. So. Yeah, no big deal.

Let me guess. You’re also the person who threw a fit about the body double in the TTWE video.... and made the whole world laugh at the video.... even though that’s standard protocol....

BYE.

The body double in HAIM should have at least shaved his armpits :jj:

14 hours ago, maquisl said:

Not a big deal lol Sec 48

PLkRZHov_o.png

15 hours ago, Nando. said:

Not talking about the reflection of the crew in the mirror, but the camera's blue screen display showing in one frame when she's walking to the ring. Does it bother you? I always thought less of Francis Lawrence because of it, and he went on to do the hunger games franchise but I never look at his work the same way after the errors in Circus. Seems so half assed.

Are we sure it's a blue screen? I decided to take a look and it looks like it's supposed to be an old time "film" overlay given the theme of the video. 

https://oi64.tinypic.com/2mpx4yw.jpg

https://oi67.tinypic.com/r6zf2o.jpg

There's some dust and particle effects in this shot. 

https://oi67.tinypic.com/161lq2f.jpg

15 hours ago, Nando. said:

Not talking about the reflection of the crew in the mirror, but the camera's blue screen display showing in one frame when she's walking to the ring. Does it bother you? I always thought less of Francis Lawrence because of it, and he went on to do the hunger games franchise but I never look at his work the same way after the errors in Circus. Seems so half assed.

Half assed for just a wrong frame? U can't be serious.... It's not about being perfect, it's about being art. I would rather take this with even more errors than a perfect Make Me video 134830 times. 

Anyway, perfection is not something u can find while watching this kind of stuff... even if it's Britney Spears. 

Archived