Britney's Manager Says 'Domination' Will Be "More Street" And "Feel Cooler" Than 'Piece Of Me'

BritneyIcon

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excitied and hope it lives up to the hype.  With britney being THE HIGHEST PAID residency performer now when she starts, this has to be top notch or atleast better than POM 

I have never seen britney live ever or met her yet... such a disgrace as a fan :sobbing: but I'm planning my trip for vegas with my bestie. Cannot wait to see her :crying3:

On 10/19/2018 at 3:38 PM, BritneyIcon said:

New article here: https://www.pollstar.com/article/its-britney-b-word-baby-one-more-vegas-residency-136539

Super interesting read!

Larry says:

“We just had our first full session yesterday with NappyTabs for a few hours yesterday morning,” says Rudolph referencing Tabitha and Napoleon D’umo of Funky Monkey Productions, the new residency’s creative directors who not only developed lyrical hip-hop dance but worked on “So You Think You Can Dance,”  “America’s Got Talent,” and Jennifer Lopez’s “All I Have” residency, in addition to other productions. 

“We went through our first draft of creatives, We sat down, spitballed ideas and Britney came up with a million of them. They came up with a million ideas. We have a tentative title, narrative, visuals, set lists and everything right now. But it’s far too early to talk about it. I can tell you this: It’s going to different from the ‘Piece of Me’ show. It’s going to be a little bit more street. A little bit more rhythmic. It’s going to feel a little cooler. But it’s still going to be a classic Britney great hits show. You’ll know every song, the visuals will be incredible, she’ll be at 110 percent in terms of her performance. You’re going to have amazing dancers, costumes, set pieces, video, sound – amazing everything.” 

I, for one, am excited for a brand new show led by fresh creative directors! Got my tickets... Front row lower level (201, row AA) for only $255 each (prices have gone up in the last few hours)!

Im not really excited for another hits show tho! Im so here for a new show! But im sick of the "greatest hits" I want her to come back with new music being this bad *** dominatrix britney and that can be the whole vibe or the era and new show...It's getting really boring being a Britney fan these days.

10 hours ago, hellokittybish6 said:

Im not really excited for another hits show tho! Im so here for a new show! But im sick of the "greatest hits" I want her to come back with new music being this bad *** dominatrix britney and that can be the whole vibe or the era and new show...It's getting really boring being a Britney fan these days.

Residencies are all about hit songs. It's not the same as touring where the artist promotes a new album. 

Despite Larry's tendency to speak too soon, I'm still not mad at this description, even if it doesn't end up being exactly as described. Based on the creative team's history, the artists they usually work with, and the production of last week's announcement, I do think they'll give this show a slicker, edgier look along with choreo that suits Britney more. POM (especially POM 1.0) was very "here's an attempt to recreate some classic Britney moments for a Vegas show" (I think POM 2.0 improved upon that a little). I think Domination will feel different than POM because they won't need to tie it back to a "piece of me"/career retrospective/greatest hits theme. They can create a brand new narrative and "domination" leaves it pretty open-ended (just like DWAD or Femme Fatale for example). Of course she's going to do her greatest hits, just like she would for any new show or tour, but I really don't think it'll be so "on the nose" as POM was.

Guys, It's all to create hype for the show.  Larry does this again and again (I'm sure other artists' management teams do the same thing).  Nothing surprises me about this except the "classic hits" comment.  I was hoping we would get a new, expensive-produced album (maybe like a Femme Fatale) with a lot of hit songs plus some of her old hits.  

Archived