Britney's Manager Says 'Domination' Will Be "More Street" And "Feel Cooler" Than 'Piece Of Me'

BritneyIcon

Super interesting read!

Larry says:

“We just had our first full session yesterday with NappyTabs for a few hours yesterday morning,” says Rudolph referencing Tabitha and Napoleon D’umo of Funky Monkey Productions, the new residency’s creative directors who not only developed lyrical hip-hop dance but worked on “So You Think You Can Dance,”  “America’s Got Talent,” and Jennifer Lopez’s “All I Have” residency, in addition to other productions. 

“We went through our first draft of creatives, We sat down, spitballed ideas and Britney came up with a million of them. They came up with a million ideas. We have a tentative title, narrative, visuals, set lists and everything right now. But it’s far too early to talk about it. I can tell you this: It’s going to different from the ‘Piece of Me’ show. It’s going to be a little bit more street. A little bit more rhythmic. It’s going to feel a little cooler. But it’s still going to be a classic Britney great hits show. You’ll know every song, the visuals will be incredible, she’ll be at 110 percent in terms of her performance. You’re going to have amazing dancers, costumes, set pieces, video, sound – amazing everything.” 

Full article here: https://www.pollstar.com/article/its-britney-b-word-baby-one-more-vegas-residency-136539

I, for one, am excited for a brand new show led by fresh creative directors! Got my tickets... Front row lower level (201, row AA) for only $255 each (prices have gone up in the last few hours)!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But POM didn't have amazing costumes, vocals, dancing, production, props, interaction etc.

Honestly I'm excited to see it and always will be excited to see her do something new, but I really don't agree that Britney is synonymous with 'amazing' right now. Honestly she has a huge amount to prove. Hopefully this will (finally) reignite her fire.

My one wish (this year) is either a live segment or singing/talking along to the track. I know it'll never happen, but I think it would make up for the lack of other skills.

2 minutes ago, Hypnotherapy said:

My one wish (this year) is either a live segment or singing/talking along to the track. I know it'll never happen, but I think it would make up for the lack of other skills.

We would all DIE if there was an acoustic section. Just a couple songs stripped back with a piano or guitar... If they are older songs, they can rearrange them to fit her natural register... It really wouldn't be very difficult at all. Wish I could tell Larry this directly.

“You can teach people to sing, you can teach them to dance, you can write a joke for them to say, but you can’t teach charisma,” says Rob Light, the Head of CAA Music and Britney’s agent for the past seven years. “You either have it or you don’t and Britney Spears has it. Her charisma fills the room to the back wall. She walks out and the way she struts, the whole room is energized. She doesn’t have to say anything or do anything.”

they got this way too literal!! :umok:

6 minutes ago, Luxuriou$ said:

Him or adam also said that bj is going to be britney’s „ray of light” ....so:raven:

True! I believe Larry said that about Femme Fatale... I think part of the problem is that they say things prematurely before things are finalized and then things go in a totally different direction. I remember they said BJ was going to be more "hip hop" and it did appear that she was working with hip hop producers. Then all of a sudden, things took a sharp, tragic turn. Makes sense why Britney wasn't super invested in FF and BJ. They likely became something that didn't coincide with her initial vision. What I have noticed with her is that she really does come alive (more) when she has more control. POM 2.0 was evidence of that. I remember asking Fe why Britney seemed so much more energetic and she said it was because she came up with the new changes (adding the guitar for ILR&R and the backflip for TOMH, etc.). The more involvement she can have in Domination as a show, the better for everyone...

Archived