In the Zone, Femme Fatale, Britney Jean, and Glory are all now available in Dolby Atmos on Apple Music

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please do not post download links (links to Apple Music are fine)! Thank you!

4 minutes ago, musicman85 said:

Perfume sounds amazing! I love the piano in the chorus, it also sounds like a live version!!! 

Right! I think they redid the Circus album because Womanizer sounds entirely different! In a good way! 😭

Some of my favorites so far (haven’t listened to everything yet):

all of Blackout (Radar, Piece of Me and Heaven on Earth are my faves)

Alien, Work *****, Perfume Dreaming Mix

Till the World Ends

Womanizer, Circus, Out from Under

Swimming in the Stars, Man on the Moon

Everytime, Showdown

P.S. Remember to put lossless up to the highest quality in settings 😊

Edited by waynebradybyday
16 minutes ago, Whitney Houston said:

How about Til It's Gone/Body Ache/Chillin'? 

I’ll listen later. ITZ and Glory in full for me first. I was only willing to give Alien / Passenger / Hold On Tite to see if the only semblance of real music from Myah Jamboree sounded better.

I’m not going to lie, I’m a little pressed at Myah Jetlag being released in DA before Oops! but it was more than made up by redoing FF in exchange and release the other two albums in DA.

Edited by blackingouthenegativity

Just listened to Britney Jean and I have thoughts :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

Alien's vocals do sound more polished/less roughly processed. Ana Diaz's backing vocals are louder making her and Myah sound like an actual harmony and not a replacement for Britney. If you've listened to Ana's demo/backing vocals you'll recognize them. Better than the original or the early demo.

Work ***** sounds about the same, the best version is still the POM prerecorded version with minimal Myah.

Perfume makes Sia's backing a good bit softer letting Brit's vocals shine more.

ISBE Britney's vocal sounds louder/clearer in the mix even more so than will's vocals. Kind like the BFB from FF in Dolby did.

TTB sounds crisper but the Tik Tik Tik Boom part of the chorus is lower and if something needed lowered it's Myah's ad libs.

BA just sounds clearer there's little or (more likely) no Britney vocals.

TIG unfortunately makes the constant switching from Britney and Myah more apparent.

Passenger sounds a lot clearer as well. Sia's backing is louder in attempt to balance Myah's lead on chorus and it works ok.

Chillin with Lou... it has more Britney vocals than BA by a few words.

Don't Cry let's Brit's vocals shine even more, it's an example of what the production on BJ should have been for the slower tracks.

BMS takes the hidden stem of Britney's chorus in her higher register and make it more prominent and lowers the other to create a more balanced harmony effect. This sounds like what the original mix was going for.

HOT is disappointing all over again. The constant switch to Myah for single words or half sentences is even more obvious and it's made more frustrating because Britney's vocals are good and even clearer. Brit sounds similar to Don't Cry so I'm confused as to why the songs is a patchwork of vocal takes between the two.

NTIFY sounds pretty much the same, maybe bigger scope in the instrumental.

TLDR; Alien, Perfume, Don't Cry and BMS are stand outs and Passenger may be worth your time. Otherwise it's just a reminder that BJ should have been an EP and not an album.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Okay, gave In The Zone another listen.  Sonically the album sounds amazing and a definite step up.  

My only complaint is with "Boom, Boom."  I've always had a love/hate relationship with the song.  I dislike some of her ad-libs ("Want," "All night long," "Before it's gone") and was hoping for either better takes or just outright taken out. :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

• Haha 1

Listening with Apple Airpods Pro

Britney Jean

Alien: better vocals. More of Britney. Song has more soul

Work *****: Better vocals although there's still a lot of Myah in the song. They should have used the rerecorded vocals from the Billboard Music Awards. More intensity

Perfume: Better verses, pre chorus is an ear ache. Chorus is much better. Britney still sounds like she has a cold throughout the song. Her vocals didn't get clarity, just more reverb.

It Should Be Deleted: :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: Britney's vocals should have overlapped will's. I know they have it. Missed opportunity.

TTB: no major change

Body Ache: Myah's best song on the album and they clarified her vocals so it sounds even more like Myah. Confirms Britney didn't even attempt to record this song. Just delete it from the album at this point. It's all Myah.

TIG: It would have been one of Britney's best songs... if she actually recorded it. Just delete it from the record. Unfortunately, Britney's vocals don't exist for them to replace it with Myah's. Myah's best imitation of Britney from the Oops era though.

Passenger: Clearer vocals, but Myah is still on the chorus. She should have just let Katy have this song. The patchwork of Britney and Myah's vocals with Sia in the background is very Frankenstein esque.

Chillin w/ Lou/Juno: Clearer Myah vocals. Britney's vocals don't exist for this song either thanks for the dolby master of Myah's vocals

Don't Cry: I would have had lower blood pressure if I would have just skipped the tracks between this and Perfume. Better vocals.

BMS: Britney is no longer the background vocalist on the chorus, however I don't think she recorded the part after the chorus since that's all still Myah but it's much more tolerable that the other tracks since it's only a minor part.

HOT: Better vocals. I always questioned whether this is Myah or not since the vocals are very in Myah's style but I feel like they are actually Britney's vocals now. I do however think that Myah has background vocals but it's not too noticeable.

NTIFY: Better vocals. One of the better tracks on the album now. I can see this as a really good song for an animated movie. Hope they'll use it for something.

Perfume DM: Better that the og Perfume now.

Highlights: Alien, Don't Cry (was always perfect), BMS, HOT, NTIFY, Perfume DM

Glory

Invitation, DYWCO?, Make Me, Man On The Moon, JLM, SP, LMD, CYM, Liar, IID, CE, MR, SITS: No major change, maybe clearer vocals, bassier

Private Show: Biggest improvement so far. Much better vocals. That high note! Although the way she sings "work it.. twerk it" now was kinda funny. The song makes sense now. I really wanted to replay this song!

Just Like Me: more 80s inspired chorus. Better vocals. It no longer sounds like she's saying "chicken" in the bridge.

HTFY: Such good vocals! Now it sounds like it belongs on ITZ. Very Y2K. I could see this being used for a rom com movie. Just wish it had a better chorus.

What You Need: Somehow the clearer vocals make this song worse. Too bad. I was hopeful for this song. The last 20 seconds were good, but overall the clearer vocals makes me think Britney was trolling with this song.

Better: I get a sense that Britney was channeling her inner Mariah with this song. Kinda wish Mariah was featured on this.

Matches: There was something off about this song. Glad they fixed it!

Highlights: DYWCO?, Make Me, Man On The Moon, SP, CYM, Liar, IID, MR, SITS, Private Show

BOMT

BOMT: Better more prominent vocals, song hits harder. Bassier. Love how they reworked this.

Crazy: Bouncier. Louder guitar. Sounds live. They kinda reworked this too much for my liking. I liked the nostalgic feel of the original better. The bridge is cuter. Gives major 80s kid bop vibes now.

Sometimes: THE FEELS! More clearer instrumental. I enjoyed this update! Her adlibs! I didn't want this song to end.

Soda Pop: The tropical feels! Clearer vocals

BTMYH: Not in dolby atmos unfortunately

FTBOMBH: Better instrumental. Cute clearer vocals. Feels like a completely different song.

IWSLY: Better more prominent instrumental. Better vocals

TAY: Feels like a completely different song. Better vocals

E-mail: The guitar is more prominent. Cute song.

Thoughts: Overall they made the instrumentals and vocals more clearer. Not a huge difference from the original

Oops

Oops: Sounds even more upbeat. More reverb. Clearer vocals. They reminded me why I like this song better than BOMT.

ITZ

MATM: More prominent vocals and instrumental. Adlibs! The chorus is more upbeat. This song is not chill anymore. Not sure how I feel about the change. It's like they sped up the song but it does sound fresh!

Boom Boom: This song reminds me so much of The White Chicks.:tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: I can't review this without being bias because of that but it cute I guess.

Showdown: It's quirky. Clearer vocals. Sounds fresh. The guitar is more crisp. I like this much better than the original!

BOM: THIS SLAPS! :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: This is s** embodied in a song. It felt like Britney was having s** with me. It took my breath away :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot: This is an experience. If you listen to one dolby song, it's this.

Toxic: Much better vocals.

Outrageous: The vocals are everything in this. Makes me appreciate this song especially since I wasn't a huge fan of it before. The instrumental rework is much better too. One of the highlights on the album for sure.

TOMH: More upbeat. Kinda prefer how soothing the original was but I appreciate this one.

THU: Sounds like a new song. It cute. A skip for me.

Shadow: Very cinematic. Lovely

BNG: Quirkier. It cute. It's a grower

Everytime: Clearer instrumental. It doesn't have the chill/solemn factor of the original but it does sound live.

Thoughts: It feels like a new album but that's not a bad thing. They did it justice. It feels like it could have been released this year from how fresh it sounds now. It's a timeless album.

Overall thoughts: Listening to these albums in dolby atmos makes me hear how soulless Femme Fatale and Britney Jean were. I can even say the same with Circus. Don't get me wrong. Some of Britney's best songs were in FF and Circus but in terms of her having joy and enthusiasm for her work was evident mostly in ITZ and Blackout followed by Glory. She was coming into her womanhood in ITZ and you can tell that. Her pregnancy gave her the emotions she needed to remind everyone that she's still that b*t*h on Blackout and Glory gave her hope that she desperately needed so she sang her heart out on that album.

Edited by Body ache
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, waynebradybyday said:

Some of my favorites so far (haven’t listened to everything yet):

all of Blackout (Radar, Piece of Me and Heaven on Earth are my faves)

Alien, Work *****, Perfume Dreaming Mix

Till the World Ends

Womanizer, Circus, Out from Under

Swimming in the Stars, Man on the Moon

Everytime, Showdown

P.S. Remember to put lossless up to the highest quality in settings 😊

Thanks for the reminder!! I didn’t realize it was making my audio sound a bit fuzzy. I can tell now that there wasn’t AI in passenger lol

10 hours ago, Kalison Kimanda said:

The production in Britney Jean sounds so much better on Atmos, but honestly all it did was make the distinction between Myah and Britney even clearer.

They really could’ve kept this one and did Oops or Britney instead.

tbh this. I wish they would’ve just reconstructed the vocals entirely and just used Britney’s vocal outtakes. So disappointing 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block