Britney is reportedly collaborating with Charli XCX on a new song off her tenth studio album out in 2024

No lie I think Britney thought Iggy was Charlie XCX when she first heard Fancy and wanted a collab on Pretty Girls. I can see Britney hearing Fancy and thinking Iggy is the one singing on the chorus and not Charli xcx since it is Iggy's song so it would make sense for her to be on most of the track instead of Charli.

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Not true. She was a massive part of putting Sophie on the map… the album Sophie worked on the most ended up unreleased too. Are you 12? Coked out Grammy night was literally half a decade ago & we got an amazing song out of it.

The maths not mathing because if coking out was a long time ago why is your point that I'm really young... I think the implication that a trans woman's work has to be accredited to Charli for exposure and not just to herself undermines the independent greatness of her artistry (and this is not even true considering her production on Madonna's song a year before Vroom Vroom). Charli would be the same childish influence as Cade #IMO with her shading random people at her big age of 31.. but I guess if you're seeking Britney tracks that sound like the mediocrity disguised as progressive music that is Crash maybe Charli is the way to go

22 minutes ago, fill the crown said:

The maths not mathing because if coking out was a long time ago why is your point that I'm really young... I think the implication that a trans woman's work has to be accredited to Charli for exposure and not just to herself undermines the independent greatness of her artistry (and this is not even true considering her production on Madonna's song a year before Vroom Vroom). Charli would be the same childish influence as Cade #IMO with her shading random people at her big age of 31.. but I guess if you're seeking Britney tracks that sound like the mediocrity disguised as progressive music that is Crash maybe Charli is the way to go

Crash was trash. Sophie being trans has nothing to do with Vroom Vroom being what gave her the most exposure… Charli is the reason Sophie worked with Kim Petras afterwards as well.

Sophie was a massive talent who should’ve worked with Britney. What happened to her is devastating. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LdLvp630plc

Edited by RedBloodedWoman
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

Stopped right here, sorry.

Britney doesn’t sell like them or can compare stream wise.

We can be fans and still face the reality. The book sold well, not her music since 2011.

Britney is an icon, but she isn't a current Power force. She is a legacy artist. 

Britney last solo hit was I wanna go... back in 2011.

Britney can still sell, look at HMC. It reached number 6 on the Hot 100 and it wasn’t all because of Elton John. Britney can pull big numbers if she wants. I feel like her next solo song will be a big hit. If it’s one thing Britney knows how to and if her Instagram is anything to go by is she knows how to garner attention and get people talking.

The reasons why Britney hasn’t has a solo hit since I Wanna Go is because of the conservatorship and RCA. Britney let will.i.am executive produce Britney Jean and the whole album was dated. She wasn’t even completely on the album. Then when Glory came along, she had a mediocre video for Make Me. If that David LaChappelle video had been used and edited up, I bet it would’ve helped the song go higher than 17.

Also RCA only released two singles from both BJ and Glory and didn’t do more to help them. That’s a fact when you can look at other artists on that label. They don’t promote worth a ****. At least Jive knew how to get Britney the hits. Britney’s last Jive song to be released as a single was I Wanna Go because by the time Criminal came out, Jive was already dissolved into RCA and as you said, that was her last solo hit.

It also didn’t help that Team Con made Britney boring. She was pretty guarded and she was just going with the flow of what she was told. If anyone is to blame for Britney not being successful it’s RCA and Team Con.

You can go ahead and think what you want, but it’s going to be interesting when Britney releases her next solo song and her next album how it does now that she’s calling the shots and will have full control to tell people what she likes and dislikes. I’m very interested to experience Britney the artist in full force not being chained down since the last time we got to see that side was when Blackout came out but that was slightly hindered since that was at a bad time in her life. She seems to be in a good place rn, so let’s see how it plays out.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Crayboy said:

Should be interesting. Charli has a completely different vibe, so Britney could have a different vibe as well.

I just personally wish Britney would write **** herself. She has so much talent 

That she does. She writes exceptionally well. I hope we get a true Britney Jean album (what Britney Jean was supposed to be, all songs actually cowrote by Britney herself and most importantly all sung by Britney). She could even play off her testimony like she did in her merch and title the album “I Am Britney Spears”. Would be really iconic.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Crash was trash. Sophie being trans has nothing to do with Vroom Vroom being what gave her the most exposure… Charli is the reason Sophie worked with Kim Petras afterwards as well.

Sophie was a massive talent who should’ve worked with Britney. What happened to her is devastating. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LdLvp630plc

Sophie was incredible, I’m still so heartbroken over what happened to her 😔

• Love 1
On 12/30/2023 at 8:35 AM, The Femme Fatale said:

You know I couldn’t remember if this said European or British because Britney posted a video on her Instagram soundtracked to Tove Lo and I thought maybe it was Tove Lo and not Charli but I was wrong lol.

Real talk though, it’d be really cool if Tove Lo wrote some songs for Britney. She’s an excellent and underrated song writer.

British are European so both would be true

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block