Britney is reportedly collaborating with Charli XCX on a new song off her tenth studio album out in 2024

23 hours ago, The Femme Fatale said:

Britney can still sell, look at HMC. It reached number 6 on the Hot 100 and it wasn’t all because of Elton John. Britney can pull big numbers if she wants. I feel like her next solo song will be a big hit. If it’s one thing Britney knows how to and if her Instagram is anything to go by is she knows how to garner attention and get people talking.

The reasons why Britney hasn’t has a solo hit since I Wanna Go is because of the conservatorship and RCA. Britney let will.i.am executive produce Britney Jean and the whole album was dated. She wasn’t even completely on the album. Then when Glory came along, she had a mediocre video for Make Me. If that David LaChappelle video had been used and edited up, I bet it would’ve helped the song go higher than 17.

Also RCA only released two singles from both BJ and Glory and didn’t do more to help them. That’s a fact when you can look at other artists on that label. They don’t promote worth a ****. At least Jive knew how to get Britney the hits. Britney’s last Jive song to be released as a single was I Wanna Go because by the time Criminal came out, Jive was already dissolved into RCA and as you said, that was her last solo hit.

It also didn’t help that Team Con made Britney boring. She was pretty guarded and she was just going with the flow of what she was told. If anyone is to blame for Britney not being successful it’s RCA and Team Con.

You can go ahead and think what you want, but it’s going to be interesting when Britney releases her next solo song and her next album how it does now that she’s calling the shots and will have full control to tell people what she likes and dislikes. I’m very interested to experience Britney the artist in full force not being chained down since the last time we got to see that side was when Blackout came out but that was slightly hindered since that was at a bad time in her life. She seems to be in a good place rn, so let’s see how it plays out.

Ok. Then I'll wait her lead single to...

Reach hot 100 top 10.

At least 500 million streams (Spotify)

Top 20 for some weeks (Apple)

Good stability (radio).

Then I can believe she really is capable to do well charts wise. 

You have to remember Britney age, ageism is a real thing and again... she isn't Beyoncé.

We need to pray for some quality, that Britney and her team understand she needs to grow as an artist. More meaningful songs, enough with the over s.e.xual and club songs, no more baby voice.

At this point we shouldn't expect much success, but we should have more pop quality. But I don't know how they will achieve that without Britney (the person).

We didn’t hear Britney talking about any passion to come back to do music. Yet everyone and their mothers are talking about Britney next release.

Definitely not normal.

Edited by Dark Willow
5 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

Ok. Then I'll wait her lead single to...

Reach hot 100 top 10.

At least 500 million streams (Spotify)

Top 20 for some weeks (Apple)

Good stability (radio).

Then I can believe she really is capable to do well charts wise. 

You have to remember Britney age, ageism is a real thing and again... she isn't Beyoncé.

We need to pray for some quality, that Britney and her team understand she needs to grow as an artist. More meaningful songs, enough with the over s.e.xual and club songs, no more baby voice.

At this point we shouldn't expect much success, but we should have more pop quality. But I don't know how they will achieve that without Britney (the person).

We didn’t hear Britney talking about any passion to come back to do music. Yet everyone and their mothers are talking about Britney next release.

Definitely not normal.

Ok you go ahead and do that. Tbh I don’t think Britney really cares about chart chasing anymore, but I’m pretty sure HMC had a pretty healthy stay on the chart and that’s her most recent recorded song (Mind Your Business was an old song as seen in it’s production and vocals).

Yeah ageism is a real thing, but Britney isn’t that old. She’s only 42. She also doesn’t look old. Rn the thing that makes a song successful is if you can get it to go viral on TikTok. If you can have it blow up on TikTok then it’s successful. TikTok dictates pretty much everything in our lives now more than Billboard, iTunes, or Spotify. All those things come later. 

Britney has never been the person to openly discuss her music recording. If she has, it’s only been rare. She is recording, she stated that in her book. She said she’s recording for herself, what she meant by that could be interpreted in a thousand different ways.

The thing she doesn’t want to do ever again is perform which is fine. If you’re thinking that her being involved and wanting this means her going out on stage and putting on a show for everyone to see, then I hate to tell you this, but you’re gonna have to lower your expectations.

Idk how other streaming services work, but Britney could go and buck what’s been normal in the industry for so long and just only release an album on streaming platforms. That way she doesn’t need to do an album booklet because as I said idk about Apple Music, but Spotify doesn’t have booklets with albums. I know a lot of people would feel she’s being lazy if she did that, but tbh critics would look at that as a ballsy and progressive move. A move that’s stating she knows where the future is going and it isn’t in physical copies or iTunes anymore. It’s streaming.

I’m still waiting for a major artist to say no more physical and digital copies of their albums and go only streaming. That is the future and that’s a future that Britney would personally benefit from since she wouldn’t need to go do photoshoots. Music videos are slowly dying too. That’s another thing she doesn’t really have to subject herself to if she doesn’t want to even though personally, I would like it if she shot a music video to her songs. Also award shows are dying too. No need to perform at those anymore.

The future in music is shaping up to be something Britney could strongly benefit from since she’s no longer comfortable doing everything she used to do. All she has to do is go to a recording studio, lay down some vocals, and leave if she really wanted to. That’s it. If that’s how she wants to be involved then that’s something we as a fanbase need to accept and if she does it, you can expect others to follow in her footsteps because anything Britney has done, others have followed. Just look at Vegas if you don’t believe her power in the music industry.

That’s all I’m saying. Call Britney lazy or whatever, but if all she does is records music and put it on streaming platforms with no music videos, photoshoots, or whatnot then that’s the future of music. The only real thing she’d be losing out on is performing, but she seems perfectly ok with that given what she’s been through.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
  • Love 2
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, The Femme Fatale said:

Ok you go ahead and do that. Tbh I don’t think Britney really cares about chart chasing anymore, but I’m pretty sure HMC had a pretty healthy stay on the chart and that’s her most recent recorded song (Mind Your Business was an old song as seen in it’s production and vocals).

Yeah ageism is a real thing, but Britney isn’t that old. She’s only 42. She also doesn’t look old. Rn the thing that makes a song successful is if you can get it to go viral on TikTok. If you can have it blow up on TikTok then it’s successful. TikTok dictates pretty much everything in our lives now more than Billboard, iTunes, or Spotify. All those things come later. 

Britney has never been the person to openly discuss her music recording. If she has, it’s only been rare. She is recording, she stated that in her book. She said she’s recording for herself, what she meant by that could be interpreted in a thousand different ways.

The thing she doesn’t want to do ever again is perform which is fine. If you’re thinking that her being involved and wanting this means her going out on stage and putting on a show for everyone to see, then I hate to tell you this, but you’re gonna have to lower your expectations.

Idk how other streaming services work, but Britney could go and buck what’s been normal in the industry for so long and just only release an album on streaming platforms. That way she doesn’t need to do an album booklet because as I said idk about Apple Music, but Spotify doesn’t have booklets with albums. I know a lot of people would feel she’s being lazy if she did that, but tbh critics would look at that as a ballsy and progressive move. A move that’s stating she knows where the future is going and it isn’t in physical copies or iTunes anymore. It’s streaming.

I’m still waiting for a major artist to say no more physical and digital copies of their albums and go only streaming. That is the future and that’s a future that Britney would personally benefit from since she wouldn’t need to go do photoshoots. Music videos are slowly dying too. That’s another thing she doesn’t really have to subject herself to if she doesn’t want to even though personally, I would like it if she shot a music video to her songs. Also award shows are dying too. No need to perform at those anymore.

The future in music is shaping up to be something Britney could strongly benefit from since she’s no longer comfortable doing everything she used to do. All she has to do is go to a recording studio, lay down some vocals, and leave if she really wanted to. That’s it. If that’s how she wants to be involved then that’s something we as a fanbase need to accept and if she does it, you can expect others to follow in her footsteps because anything Britney has done, others have followed. Just look at Vegas if you don’t believe her power in the music industry.

That’s all I’m saying. Call Britney lazy or whatever, but if all she does is records music and put it on streaming platforms with no music videos, photoshoots, or whatnot then that’s the future of music. The only real thing she’d be losing out on is performing, but she seems perfectly ok with that given what she’s been through.

I don't want her performing, but that’s where the money is... it will happen even if she said she wouldn’t be doing it. She’ll need the money eventually. 

Britney fanbase  in general knows almost nothing about streaming and how charts works these days, not just you. This fanbase still gets happy with itunes results lol... HMC performance was very weak streaming wise. Elton allegedly had payola for ac radios, he invested a lot for that song.

MYB is Britney last song, old or not it was released last year. It's a horrible song, but it was treated as a new release (Britney herself barely mentioned).

You probably a stan and accepts anything from her... Im not like that. I won't support her brand anymore if Britney doesn't make an effort. Every other artist is doing it... and no, not talking about performing... but showing at least some passion for what she does.

I didn't buy the book because she didn't even cared to promote it other than 9 seconds instagram videos. After reading the book online Im glad I didn't buy it lol.

Since the c-ship times we are sold with the idea Britney is so fragile she can't do anything by herself. If she wants to be an artist,  she needs to act like an artist. 

Sorry, I understand your Stan mentality, but I don't think supporting only a brand is my thing.

• Love 1
On 1/1/2024 at 11:37 AM, Dark Willow said:

I don't want her performing, but that’s where the money is... it will happen even if she said she wouldn’t be doing it. She’ll need the money eventually. 

Britney fanbase  in general knows almost nothing about streaming and how charts works these days, not just you. This fanbase still gets happy with itunes results lol... HMC performance was very weak streaming wise. Elton allegedly had payola for ac radios, he invested a lot for that song.

MYB is Britney last song, old or not it was released last year. It's a horrible song, but it was treated as a new release (Britney herself barely mentioned).

You probably a stan and accepts anything from her... Im not like that. I won't support her brand anymore if Britney doesn't make an effort. Every other artist is doing it... and no, not talking about performing... but showing at least some passion for what she does.

I didn't buy the book because she didn't even cared to promote it other than 9 seconds instagram videos. After reading the book online Im glad I didn't buy it lol.

Since the c-ship times we are sold with the idea Britney is so fragile she can't do anything by herself. If she wants to be an artist,  she needs to act like an artist. 

Sorry, I understand your Stan mentality, but I don't think supporting only a brand is my thing.

She did promote the book what are you talking about? She didn’t just do Instagram posts, she did an interview and photoshoot with People magazine. She didn’t promote it the way you wanted her to because you have too high expectations, but she did promote it. She doesn’t trust the media. She doesn’t like doing interviews and for good reason. It’s your loss that you didn’t buy the book because of your high expectations.

Idk why you think Britney needs to go above and beyond and do all this stuff but ok. Don’t know why you’re on here then if you have this mentality of her. Oh well, it’s your loss not hers. I didn’t see Beyonce promoting her album and **** except doing a tour and a concert movie. She didn’t do interviews or tv performances for it. She just released a song like a few weeks ago, haven’t heard a peep from her on that either.

Britney doesn’t want to do all that stuff. Doesn’t make her less of an artist for not wanting to do all that stuff. Idk, we’ll see how this album pans out. I just know that if she went and recorded for it, it’s because she wanted to, even if she doesn’t show it. She’s not being forced to do anything she doesn’t want to do now. Plus if you actually did read her book she did say she’s recording music for herself, but it wasn’t her main focus at the time of writing. But she is still recording music. She still has the passion and her still going out there recording music shows that even if it’s for herself.

Idk, these are for now just rumors and we’ll see what happens. I do know if she releases new music it’s because she wanted to. She’s free to make her own choices. No one is holding a gun to her head and saying you must do this. All we can do now is wait and see what happens.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, The Femme Fatale said:

She did promote the book what are you talking about? She didn’t just do Instagram posts, she did an interview and photoshoot with People magazine. She didn’t promote it the way you wanted her to because you have too high expectations, but she did promote it. She doesn’t trust the media. She doesn’t like doing interviews and for good reason. It’s your loss that you didn’t buy the book because of your high expectations.

Idk why you think Britney needs to go above and beyond and do all this stuff but ok. Don’t know why you’re on here then if you have this mentality of her. Oh well, it’s your loss not hers. I didn’t see Beyonce promoting her album and **** except doing a tour and a concert movie. She didn’t do interviews or tv performances for it. She just released a song like a few weeks ago, haven’t heard a peep from her on that either.

Britney doesn’t want to do all that stuff. Doesn’t make her less of an artist for not wanting to do all that stuff. Idk, we’ll see how this album pans out. I just know that if she went and recorded for it, it’s because she wanted to, even if she doesn’t show it. She’s not being forced to do anything she doesn’t want to do now. Plus if you actually did read her book she did say she’s recording music for herself, but it wasn’t her main focus at the time of writing. But she is still recording music. She still has the passion and her still going out there recording music shows that even if it’s for herself.

Idk, these are for now just rumors and we’ll see what happens. I do know if she releases new music it’s because she wanted to. She’s free to make her own choices. No one is holding a gun to her head and saying you must do this. All we can do now is wait and see what happens.

I do gotta add because I just remembered, Nicki Minaj is just a year younger than Britney and she’s still getting major success, so I don’t think Britney’s age is a major problem.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block