WATCH NOW! Britney's audition tape for 'The Notebook'

23 minutes ago, FraFromThe90's said:

Sorry but I don’t see that gap between the the two performance.. they are both good.. besides those are different scenes 

Girl, Britney was good but Rachel is one of the best actresses.  The fact that it was down to both of them is already a great compliment but Rachel was incredible.  Britney was very good. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
12 minutes ago, GmailMyHeart said:

To be fair her performance in this audition tape is miles better than her crossroads performance.  You could tell she tapped in to some emotion and wasn’t just reading lines 

True.

I think she had potential to be a successful actress if it weren't for her getting distracted by Kevin.

I heard she was up for the part of Daisy Duke in the 2005 remake of Dukes of Hazzard but turned it down

due to getting pregnant.

I just wonder how come she started saying she's a bad actress and feeling embarrassed about her previous work,

sure she was not Oscar level of acting yet but I think if she really wanted to pursue acting,

she could've gotten acting lessons and eventually got to that level.

I really do believe her life and career would've been so different if she continued acting.

She could’ve done soooooooo many things if she wasn’t always surrounded by ppl undermining her and tearing down her confidence because they wanted to keep her doing the same thing to make them money. She was awesome in that audition and it’s always awkward someone just reading the part by themselves, I think she would’ve been great in the movie and had good chemistry with Ryan. What could’ve been… :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Love 3

Her agent should have had her look the part. Stopped tanning, style her hair in the 1940s curls, and wear something more classic.

Her audition was great and we know she and Ryan have chemistry but I think she seemed too modern compared with Rachel who has more of a retro look. 

Edited by KatieKat
  • Love 5

I knew Britney was a great actress. So many of y'all kept saying she can't act, but for a person with no professional acting experience her Crossroads performance was really good, and her SNL skits were top notch as well (only slightly odd at some points because the stars often don't get much time to practice and have to read a prompter), and many of her iconic music videos as well displayed how great of an actress she is as well. 

We were robbed (Rachel was perfect for the role though) but I would have LOVED to see a version with Britney.  I bet her and Ryan would've had amazing screen chemistry. :kisses_britney_kiss_blow_womanizer_love_circus:2008:

• Love 4

I think she would need to work on her accent cos she sounded very LA 2000s (which duh because that’s when it was lol) but that can easily be done with a dialect coach etc. What Britney is fantastic with is emoting, her eyes are so expressive/soulful and she is believable in what she is portraying. I think she could’ve had fantastic chemistry with Ryan. Even her acting in her film clips, that look in Lucky when she looks back out the car, the look she gives her guy at the start of Stronger, when she is goofing off in Oops bloopers and then goes straight into character when the music goes back, all of her acting in Everytime, her chemistry with the guy in DLMBTLTK. All of that is good acting, I always wondered why ppl said she was a bad actress when even in her film clips she’s so expressive.

• 2 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block