WATCH NOW! Britney's audition tape for 'The Notebook'

Well, it surprised me! Ryan Gosling wasn't lying when he said in an interview that he did a good job in this audition!

I think the critics were too harsh on Britney in Crossroads, it is true that in the movie she had moments in her performance in which she was a little disconnected but I never saw that bad performance that the critics said about her. Here you can see that he does manage to give a pretty good performance. I'm glad we can at least see this little taste of Britney in The Notebook.

PS: Some people get a little nervous, saying that Britney auditioned well doesn't mean that Rachel was bad or that she didn't deserve the role! Rachel is obviously a great actress and this was the role that catapulted her, she deserves it all. The point here is that if Rachel hadn't auditioned, Brit would have been chosen and that spoke well of Britney. I do believe that Britney had the problem that she was "the big pop star who wants to act" and came from the bad reviews of Crossroads, but here you can see that she could get a competent performance for The Notebook.

Edited by ManuelJGS
  • Love 4
  • Super Mods
5 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

She would have KILLED it in that role :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad::tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad::crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

I honestly think her name is what left her out of the picture! I believe they wanted unknown stars for the movie, Rachel was a nobody tbh, and Ryan had a name but he became SUPER famous after The Notebook :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

OMG Britney you did it so so good :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

Agree. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

She was too big of a celeb/popstar to be in this movie.

It would've been overshadowed by her name.

However I think that Rachael was excellent as Allie

and I honestly couldn't see anyone else as her including Britney.

• Like 1

Rachel was definitely the better choice, but I can see britney really trying and I wish they would've tried to get her into more roles... She could have worked on her realism and acting chops.  But nah, they had to push her to do music and ruin her passion.  Acting would have been the welcomed reprieve she needed after a few years of doing just music.
****, in an alternate universe, we have actorney.  :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block