Actress Michelle Williams narrating Britney's new book 'The Woman In Me': "I stand with Britney"

Cqleb

38 minutes ago, Alexa James said:

Yes, but I think it’s disappointing. It can be cathartic to speak words into existence. I believe it would have shown so much strength if she had been willing to sit down and read it. I am glad that they selected Michelle Williams. I think she would be able to capture Britney’s voice and convey her emotions effectively. 

It is upsetting though because I really felt like she could have shared the story in her own words.

Isn’t her writing the book and sharing her story in her own words? The whole process of putting this book into existence by getting someone to help put her thoughts on paper to share with her fans, I would imagine, is cathartic enough for her.

Edited by Gutterguppy
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, reverendB said:

Michelle Williams is an outstanding actress. The sheer fact that she's involved in this and SUPPORTS Britney is massive. Her narration will bring a lot of gravitas to Britney's book. She'll be able to convey Britney's emotions well and Britney won't have to relive the traumas she went through, reopen the old wounds. 

Exactly! Thank you for writing this. And thanks to all the others who have acknowledged the same.

• Love 6

People need to stfu complainin my goodness be grateful we have a book. Y’all ruin EVERYTHING. Be grateful for ANYTHING she does after what she went through. I’m so proud of Britney for telling her story and i love Jen! It would be even more chilling if she mentions waking up and seeing heath ledger died and perez posted “should’ve been Britney” hearin those words come from his wife mouth should haunt Perez *** even more. How cruel and pathetic mariah carey beyonce GIF by RealityTVGIFs

• Love 5

Michele has 3 Oscar nominations, she is an Emmy/SAG winner, she is about Britney’s age and she is very respected. Its actually quite good that the audiobook is elevated and maybe someday it can be translated into a movie with respected production. Britney is RIGHT. I would not want to have my voice reading about embarrasing/sad moments of my life. Its like a therapist recording your sessions…. weird AF

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Fita said:

Everytime there's a big news like this I get sooo anxious when I scroll the comments, you guys get insane, I can't even look at it. I literally write the comment, post and run away lol :melt_weird_drift_wow:

Can we try to be more positive? :typing_keyboard_computer:

Exactly I didn't log in for 2 weeks because of this.

:sneer_purple_hat_smile_smirk_there_tree_:

Edited by femmepop
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

Personally, I don't love the idea of someone else narrating your story. I feel like part of the healing process is to go there. 

But I'm not Britney, and have no right to tell her how to deal with her trauma.

With that being said, I was never going to buy the audiobook anyways, and prefer to read, so it doesn't really matter.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

Personally, I don't love the idea of someone else narrating your story. I feel like part of the healing process is to go there. 

With that being said, I was never going to buy the audiobook anyways, and prefer to read, so it doesn't really matter.

Britney already went there when she wrote this book. :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow: Just because she isn't doing the audio doesn't mean she hasn't started a healing process.

Afterall, she said she did therapy to get through the writing of this book.

• Like 2

I think it’s for the best. Britney’s speaking voice is so inconsistent. If she used her scratchy little girl voice or her deep husky voice she randomly interchanges on IG it would have been distracting.

I do think Reese Witherspoon or Drew Barrymore would have been better choices, but Michelle Williams is a nice choice as well.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

I feel like part of the healing process for Britney was revisting those events and being able to put them into this book, hence, why she mentioned she did more therapy than she usually did to get through it. I feel like that in itself is a brave and healthy step for her, because she knows her self well enough to recognize certain events would be a trigger and sought out the appropriate steps to navigate that.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I’m sorry but this is Britney Jean all over again except instead of Myah we have Michelle :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

Another project she professes to be “all in” on yet she had a ghost writer write it and now she’s having Michelle Williams read it? It’s bizarre! From the Microsoft paint cover to some completely random celebrity with zero ties to Britney narrating it, it’s just looking like a half baked cash grab. 

• Haha 4
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block