Actress Michelle Williams narrating Britney's new book 'The Woman In Me': "I stand with Britney"

Cqleb

37 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

It is sad that we won't be hearing Britney's story from her own voice.

Countless celebrities have released gut-wrenching and sensitive memoirs and they narrate their own audiobook.. why can't Britney?

Why there is ALWAYS something with Britney that makes everything about her half-assed? Every single project is just half-assed.

She could get the freaking pope to narrate her book but... it is just .. unpersonal, unrelateable. I feel sad for the fans that are just happy to settle with breadcrumbs.

:ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Switchy said:

I can understand this decision. I'm sure it was difficult just to relive a lot of things she went through. To have to read it with so much detail added by the ghostwriter may feel like she's experiencing the trauma all over again.

Yes, but I think it’s disappointing. It can be cathartic to speak words into existence. I believe it would have shown so much strength if she had been willing to sit down and read it. I am glad that they selected Michelle Williams. I think she would be able to capture Britney’s voice and convey her emotions effectively. 

It is upsetting though because I really felt like she could have shared the story in her own words.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

Michelle Williams is one of the best actresses working today. Hard to believe anyone would be disappointed especially as Brit is narrating a portion, which is more than I expected certainly. :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

Exactly. People here will find anything to complain. Miserable hoes 

And I mean, not shade to Brit, but Michelle is a much more trained actress meaning she will be great in conveying all the emotions without being overburden by them

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Everything is a hard job for Britney.. name one single project after ITZ that wasn't half-assed? We've been making excuses for her little effort for 20 years already.

Glory and Blackout were not half-assed. She actually poured her heart and soul into the blackout album in order to escape from the pain and agony that she had been experiencing at the time. In addition, Britney took vocal lessons in order to improve her performance when recording Glory. It was her passion for that project that drew negative attention from her conservatorship camp. 

• Love 5
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block