Do you genuinely think that her content on instagram is "normal" or "bizarre"?

12 minutes ago, GmailMyHeart said:

Again you guys ignore the context. 

her kids don’t want her to be on SM and they have a shaky relationship at best.  Posting a picture of her estranged child that will soon be moving even further away with the possessive caption, Mine, isn’t something a healthy person would do.  It’s performative at best and accomplishes nothing positive.  

no one that has been through what Britney has would be ok right now.  Especially without professional help.  

the fact that you guys think she’s living her best life after all that trauma…I don’t get it.  It’s going to be a lot of years of healing.  

I don’t think anyone thinks she’s living her best life. It’s so obvious she is in pain and that the last year has been filled with her admittedly saying she will never get over the pain and the damage that the conservatorship caused her. But I don’t think her posting that picture is somehow abnormal. Yes, her children and her are estranged however the entire other side of the family is coming out talking about how she’s on m***, and even if they’re (I mean Victoria and Kevin) denying it now are otherwise giving interviews with the children.  

I don’t think you’re as trauma informed as you’re coming off when suggesting it’s performative. I genuinely think she is just thinking back at when her kid was her baby. 

Edited by Rik vs Exhale
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, GmailMyHeart said:

You’re right a post is just a post but you have to look at it within context to see the bigger picture.  

combined with her erratic behavior, obsession with her body, randomly going after people on sm, it’s not just someone having fun.  Get your head out of the sand. 

isn’t that what you been doing here??? wow the hypocrisy 

5 minutes ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

I don’t think anyone thinks she’s living her best life. It’s so obvious she is in pain and that the last year has been filled with her admittedly saying she will never get over the pain and the damage that the conservatorship caused her. But I don’t think her posting that picture is somehow abnormal. Yes, her children and her are estranged however the entire other side of the family is coming out talking about how she’s on m***, and even if they’re (I mean Victoria and Kevin) denying it now are otherwise giving interviews with the children.  

I don’t think you’re as trauma informed as you’re coming off when suggesting it’s performative. I genuinely think she is just thinking back at when her kid was her baby. 

Posting pictures isn’t abnormal. 

what is abnormal is the content of the images combined with the captions and the timing.  And the frequency.  And the deleting and posting again.  

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

Also the performative caption has nothing to do with trauma.  I don’t see how you linked those two.  That just has to do with her wanting to do something but not actually taking action but performing an action that seems to be like she’s doing something about the relationship With her kid.  This isn’t to say it’s because she doesn’t want to, perhaps she just isn’t capable of handling that yet because she has to focus on herself. 

18 minutes ago, GmailMyHeart said:

Posting pictures isn’t abnormal. 

what is abnormal is the content of the images combined with the captions and the timing.  And the frequency.  And the deleting and posting again.  

Girl I do this too. I don’t get what point you’re trying to make though. Britney is trying to heal and I think this is part of it, in addition to years of being drugged and abused. 

• Super Mods

Honestly I’m like that which is why I rarely like to post on social media. Sometimes you think it’s cool or alright in your head but it doesn’t turn out that way. 

I know she likes writing in her journal so I can see why she writes long paragraphs. Let her post what she wants since that was probably her only escape during the cship so it’s probably comforting for her and used to it by now. Remembering her old blogs she used to post on her website, the way she talks just seems so casual so I can really see her just wanting to sit down and just talk loosely and wants to do that to the world after being silenced for so long. 

I really do hope she turns to vlogging or podcasting to fully express herself freely like a girl chat or something.

1 hour ago, Antidote said:

My profile picture is from a fashion event in Seoul (Korea) since I am an ambassador for CHANEL Bleu (perfume) I am a professional photographer, I work for VOGUE magazine and other media as well as an advertising director (filmmaker), music video director etc, therefore 95% of my content on instagram is about my work. But if what you mean is a comment about my physical appearance, I didn't know that in the year 2023 this is something that is still worth commenting on.

And also this thread is questioning about the opinion of the general public and how fans rate its content. Nowhere in this thread am I expressing my opinion about what is "normal" and what is not, it's more in the same thread I quote Britney saying that "normal" is something different for everyone so your lack of understanding with the thread is not my fault baby.

That's great you are working and seemingly doing amazing in your list of areas! Bravo. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill: Again didn't say anything negative about your physical appearance... 

As far as my lack of understanding is concerned...  I still stand by my words. By starting a thread like this, you are sowing and spreading the thought that her IG is bizarre and not normal. We can agree to disagree on this Baby.  :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

RUMOUR: Dynamic puta and Gmail my Flop getting engaged? It’s ALLEGEDLY true! It has been speculated for months but the time has finally arrived. In classic rik fashion I will be the daphne Barak of exhale :explainlol_stare_spin: . I got a chance to spend time with the two love birds and caught them canoodling. 

:sippinga_gaga_hotel_ahs_drinking_sipping_wine_spill_tea:

On 6/29/2023 at 9:59 AM, Antidote said:

I think we're divided between fans who they act like they love every piece of content she shares and love everything she says and others who find her behavior "strange" and "shocking". so my question is more about the genuine feelings that her posts provoke in you.

All this based on the fact that there is a type of behavior accepted as "normal" for society, but as Britney herself once said, "normal" is different for each person.

I think that a kind of ideology has been implemented that a fan should love and only love everything that your idol does or shares and personally I think that there is nothing wrong with being shocked and bewildered by some type of material that Britney shares, that dont makes you a bad fan, it doesn't make you less supportive.

I understand that due to the situation that Britney experienced, we are all happy that she is free to make her own decisions and that she shares what she wants to share and what, and the last thing that we want for her is to feel repressed about it again. 

but For example, in your daily life, if a friend shares a video where something else weird, a photo where they exposes their private parts, where he has a questionable behavior and that you know is exposed to the opinion of the whole world and that could harm him, Do you talk privately with that friend to advise him or do you just act as if everything is fine?

Yeah I posted my first "negative" comment about her EVER because I am concerned for her and got attacked like crazy.

Im not blind, I personally don't think she's ok... And that's fine.

And people say oh well you shouldn't be watching her if you don't like it, I DO like watching her... But some of her content is bizarre, like absolutely bizarre.

It reminds me actually of me before I completed dialectical behavioural therapy and was then undiagnosed with borderline personality disorder.

Everything about me changed, from my appearance, to my gaze, and that's what she is currently reminding me of.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
On 6/29/2023 at 2:53 PM, princessmimi said:

True.

I also forgot to write in my comment that Britney really started changing after her breakup with Justin.

That's when I noticed there was a MAJOR shift in her behavior after that.

I attest to this. I feel she blamed the media partially for her break up. She also seemed to start hating fame. Let's go back to blackout promo: a call to Ryan sea rest for a couple minutes. 

I took a break from her IG when she continued to give life to those who screwed her. It gives them more power imo. Now Idk something's up and not right she'll always be my queen though!!!

• Super Mods
7 minutes ago, Barmy86 said:

I attest to this. I feel she blamed the media partially for her break up. She also seemed to start hating fame. Let's go back to blackout promo: a call to Ryan sea rest for a couple minutes. 

I took a break from her IG when she continued to give life to those who screwed her. It gives them more power imo. Now Idk something's up and not right she'll always be my queen though!!!

Yeah you got a point.

I just wish she would be more assertive and actually defend herself in an interview or at least on IG.

She just lets people talk sh!!!t about her and that's bad.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, GmailMyHeart said:

You’re right a post is just a post but you have to look at it within context to see the bigger picture.  

combined with her erratic behavior, obsession with her body, randomly going after people on sm, it’s not just someone having fun.  Get your head out of the sand. 

Well said. She's also 40 not a teenager ranting. It's her choice but not a good look for a legend. She always took the higher road and that showed she didn't give a ****! I'm glad I'm not the only feeling like this just afraid to challenge bc then we are banons!

On 6/29/2023 at 7:51 PM, torontofan said:

I work in mental health and I’ve been saying something similar for a while! This is how she gains attention. It’s how she “plays the game” with the media so to speak. And for years she was told she had to act and look a very specific way. So this is also a F you to the people who controlled her for so long because she is gaining attention in the “wrong way” and not the way she has always been told to. 

Same , Ive worked in mental health for almost a decade and this is why I have my opinion. She still wants to feel loved like all of us. 

11 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Omg I love the song!

Its SO good!
I wish it was on ITZ.

I saw the video and wow its just terrible what he's said about her.

Especially the part of oral sx.

UGH DISGUSTING! :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

As if she was a fkn piece of meat!

And btw I think Britney's label were the one who told her to say she wanted to wait until she was married because there is actually a rare video of an interview she did in 2000 and they asked her what her fave seduction was and what position she liked and she actually answered!

She said her fave seduction was for a guy to kiss her feet 

and her fave position was on top! :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

There was NO way she was a virgin especially since she was so gorgeous and desirable at the time.

And idk why people cared if she was one or not.

Was it because in the 90s and early 2000s, people cared about virginity more?

Nowadays u dont see people asking teen celebs that.

Yeah Justin is gross. It’s funny he threw Britney under the bus by claiming to be a victim of being cheated on, yet cheated on his current wife. Someone who’s been cheated on wouldn’t go and do it to someone else I feel.

I never understood the fascination over Britney’s virginity or her ***** for that matter when people like Christina and Jessica were never asked about their ****. It’s always been a double standard for Britney for some reason. Could be because like my friend said, Britney is a rare case of being beautiful on the inside and outside, it makes a lot of people jealous of that because they think someone like that should have a major character flaw when she didn’t.

People in the 90’s and early 00’s were prudes. Today no one cares if your doing it and with who as long as it follows the rules of consent. The only ones that do are part of the old breed of people that’s slowly diminishing. Also if someone would ask a teen celebrity that today, they would be canceled so fast they wouldn’t be able to ask their next question. Cancel culture is a double edge sword. In regards to the questions Britney was subjected to, no one would be able to keep their job if they asked those today. It’s a form of ***ual harassment and if you’re doing it to someone under the age of 18….:boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block