Beyoncé has 32 Grammys. Christina has 5. Shakira has 3. Britney only has 1. Why?

Message added by GlitterRain,

Please engage within this thread respectfully, even if disagreeing with a user. 

6 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

You know that’s not what he’s actually saying, right? The straws y’all try to grasp at. 

It's the same straws they grasp at when they post that gif and video thinking Britney is telling the Grammy's to kiss her A, in fact she's telling that to the pap thats asking her about the Grammy's.

People are delusional. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 1

grammys don't mean anything, nobody in the real world knows or cares about what artist has a grammy and who doesn't. If I wasn't on exhale I'd think Madonna is the most awarded female alive, and she's far from it. 

I don't think people like Beyonce or Taylor buy their awards but I do think they are important in the industry and have the right connections + do what pleases the academy, and that's the way to win grammys. And that's it, Britney is far from that, she probably has zero connections at this point and when she was being held captive by her father do you think the grammys would take Jamie Spears seriosly? when they cheaped her entire brand and made her a money making machine exploiting the same show in vegas for years. That's not the profile of a grammy winning artist and it's not britney's fault and even if she had the control she probably doesn't care about the whole protocole either. She'd show up to the grammys in a black dress, lip sync on a performance, be destroyed for it and that would be the end, why try? 

38 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Accusing Beyonce of buying awards sis when you have ZERO proof of that is defamation boo.

You think Beyonce needs to buy a Grammy when shes being paid 24 million for a 1 hour show. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Whoa, gurl, calm your ****. This is a forum. We're all just sharing an "opinion" before you go around calling us out for defamation. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Let's not stoop to Lou Taylor's level. Unlike Jordan, I am more than happy to show up in court without legal representation and state my constitutional rights and amendments in a country we would both likely don't reside in and outside our jurisdiction. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Whoa, gurl, calm your ****. This is a forum. We're all just sharing an "opinion" before you go around calling us out for defamation. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Let's not stoop to Lou Taylor's level. Unlike Jordan, I am more than happy to show up in court without legal representation and state my constitutional rights and amendments in a country we would both likely don't reside in and outside our jurisdiction. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

You’re not sharing an opinion boo your spreading a false narrative! Hair Satisfying GIF

Edited by DiamondCircus
  • Love 1

Britney, sadly was never taken seriously as an artist in general but she was busy selling out arenas across the world, breaking album sales records, appearing in her own Pepsi commercials etc. I doubt she was thinking of the Grammys. 

Oops! Should have won best pop vocal album and/or best pop solo performance at the time and toxic should have won record of the year. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

It's so strange that the B Army dislikes Beyonce so bad, Bey has been nothing but nice to Britney and vice versa.

It's clear why Britney hasn't won a ton, she's known for lip synching and her songs being over auto tuned.

The irony of fans wishing HMC would get a Grammy nomination then when it doesn't drag Beyonce and X tina. LOL

I'm not dragging Beyonka (much), but I'm dragging Grammy, cuz it's not real awards from voting system from people. I'm not giving to this award any f.uck and y'all should do the same. Be a singer, I'd be ignoring this fake award as ignoring Kardashians.

Hope Britney is reading this and have the same opinion.

Edited by IJustWantHer2BeHAPPY
7 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

That and also pop was still very taboo when she debuted. The fact that she hardly wrote any of her big hits from 1998-2004 probably exempted her quite a bit as well. 

The Rolling Stones only won 2 grammys. People shouldn't take them seriously

Edited by Anti-Hero
3 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

What is your definition of talented people then? Because there is a plethora of talented artists (some you probably never even heard of) being awarded every year. Make it make sense. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Okay. She has good voice, but her last good album is from 2008. Her nex albums are not catchy, they, are boring and basic. Her recent album is boring af too and not even worth for any award, that's why I do not take Grammy seriously too, because It's an artificial created award that can be obtained by bribery and while is your album a garbage. She is not even good songwriter. Period.

1 hour ago, SJK said:

Britney, sadly was never taken seriously as an artist in general but she was busy selling out arenas across the world, breaking album sales records, appearing in her own Pepsi commercials etc. I doubt she was thinking of the Grammys. 

Oops! Should have won best pop vocal album and/or best pop solo performance at the time and toxic should have won record of the year. 

Yeah, it became clear when Toxic got snubbed. At least before Toxic she used to receive nominations in the main categories. Toxic only got 1 nom and the pop categories that year were full of non-pop artists like Ray Charles (?)

4 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

What is your definition of talented people then? Because there is a plethora of talented artists (some you probably never even heard of) being awarded every year. Make it make sense. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

I'll add to the second post - if the whole world liked the record and it sold millions of copies (BOMT), but the critics didn't like it and that's why Britney didn't get any Grammys, do you think it's fair ? Certainly not me. I don't care about any critic's opinion at all, because I have different musical taste and "claims" than some stupid critic, so I won't deal with the Grammy award because someone else won't decide for me who deserves the award and who doesn't. Are we more than clear?

Edit: And as for the Grammys, if people "work hard" just to get this "award", just like the Oscar, then are they stupid. But a real artist makes music so that it can catch the listeners, express something, and at the same time be able to sell it well (because of the label). Making music to win a Grammy is idiotic. Britney is successful and talented without this stupid "award" and she is respected still :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

4 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

It's so strange that the B Army dislikes Beyonce so bad, Bey has been nothing but nice to Britney and vice versa.

It's clear why Britney hasn't won a ton, she's known for lip synching and her songs being over auto tuned.

The irony of fans wishing HMC would get a Grammy nomination then when it doesn't drag Beyonce and X tina. LOL

B stans are jealous that Beyoncé is still in her prime

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Loosenupthosebuttons said:

B stans are jealous that Beyoncé is still in her prime

totally agree. I've always said this and I will continue to say it, britney fans are mad that beyonce has the career and respect they feel britney should have. I get it but what happened to britney is not beyonce's fault and being totally honest even if the c-ship never happened I don't think britney was as dedicated to her career as beyonce is, she seemed over it all & was ready to settle down by the time 2004 came around

• Love 1
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

Despite releasing plenty of GRAMMY worthy material, particularly on her first 6 albums — Britney only has 1 while her 1990s and early 2000s peers have at least double the amount. Why is this? Discuss.spacer.png

Jay Z is buying everything for his girl. Also i think Matthew Knowles (Beyonce's father) is on the grammy committee

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block