Beyoncé has 32 Grammys. Christina has 5. Shakira has 3. Britney only has 1. Why?

Message added by GlitterRain,

Please engage within this thread respectfully, even if disagreeing with a user. 

6 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

The outcome of having a father who’s involved with the Grammys spacer.png

What kind of power do you think Mathew Knowles have over more than 12,000 voting members and more than 3,000 professional (non-voting) members?

Edited by fays1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, TomasBR said:

But you do believe Beyoncé buy them? Why? Cause she is black? Why not buy AOTY, so? 

That makes no sense, is just pure hate! One can say the Grammys are obscure, their choices are usually biased and they have their favoritism. That’s a possible argument to make! But when you accuse a black woman of stealing an award she won, that says all we know to know about yourself!

Drag THEM. :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud: There’s literally no such thing as “buying awards”. The extent that forum and Twitter gays will go through in order to make a female artist look bad is beyond comical. Beyoncé is a smart businesswoman, works hard and makes great bodies of work - whether she has 1 writer or a 100. The facts are she is very much involved in her craft. Also, they tend to give ‘AOTY’ to albums with the least amount of writers. End of.spacer.png

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
Just now, Joshyworld said:

Drag THEM. :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud: There’s literally no such thing as “buying awards”. The extent that forum and Twitter gays will go through in order to make a female artist look bad is beyond comical. Beyoncé is a smart businesswoman, works hard and makes great bodies of work - whether she has 1 writer or a 100. The facts are she is very much involved in her craft. Also, they tend to give ‘AOTY’ to albums with the least amount of writers. End of.spacer.png

spacer.png

I can't anymore. This conspiracy about Beyonce's Grammy wins are frankly bigoted and racist. It does not matter if her dad sat in some sort of committee. The Grammys work like the Academy Awards. Peers vote for peers.

Get over it! A hardworking woman of colour is well liked, popular, makes good relevant music. She wins and deserves awards. Get a grip.

I agree that Blackout was highly overlooked durning its time. But come on, she deserves a Grammy nom for Work Work or Glory?

Edited by Lolai
  • Love 3
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, TomasBR said:

You are not liking or disliking, you’re accusing her of stealing… and when someone suggests why some white artist (like Madonna) don’t do it, you came out saying “it’s just Beyoncé”.

Sounds racist to me! 

I was referring to Madonna not having a family member working with the Grammys? Did you read that properly or :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: clearly not. Beyoncé does therefore making it possible. 

Stay bothered :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I was simply stating that I found the critique of Beyoncé has racist undertones on this forum.  I did not call anyone a rascist.  This thread got closed because of "the unhinged Beyst fans are now spouting “racism”.  I live in 2023 and did not know it was even possible to "spout" or be "unhinged" about rascism. I don't even know what a beehive is. I am a member of a Britney Spears fan forum. The last song of Beyoncé I listened to was "drunk in love".

Why is a thread closed because of that? I don't think the discussion would go out of control at all; my comment was well-written, thought through and understandable. Bringing up the term racism should not make a thread be closed.

There should be space to have a somewhat intellectual discussion even on a pop-forum.

You all know that Beyoncé gets waaaay more **** on this forum than Taylor Swift for example. It is a fact. You can all tell. I want to correct something when I see wrong. I just called it like it is. I see a lot of bigotry in this fan group.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, bitbitboi said:

Tell me, quickly and from the top of your head, 32 Grammys for WHAT.

I have no idea, really. I don't really listen to her music or follow the Grammys. She seems talented and hardworking? I've gotten awards for the same. Not 32. But at least 4.

2 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

Despite releasing plenty of GRAMMY worthy material, particularly on her first 6 albums — Britney only has 1 while her 1990s and early 2000s peers have at least double the amount. Why is this? Discuss.

Because Britney has everything for get normal real music awards and people like Beyonka has money for fake paid music "awards". I just hope you wake up and realize that Grammy is not real award from fans, but from 500 people you can bribe :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block