Beyoncé has 32 Grammys. Christina has 5. Shakira has 3. Britney only has 1. Why?

Message added by GlitterRain,

Please engage within this thread respectfully, even if disagreeing with a user. 

Though I dislike Beyonce to a personal level but are we surprised?
It's not until recent years that Grammy's recognize female pop singers.
It's always classic act >> bands >> commercial success.
And Brit hasn't release anything outstanding since '07. 

Edited by nux1989

Well, I don't know the reason why. I don't want to claim that Bey buys her grammys because she's been snubbed of AOTY 4 times in a row – why would she do that if she could simply buy it. What I want to actually say that all these awards shows are definions of fakery. I can recall Katy Perry saying that she doesn't want to get any award ever because it's all faked behind the scenes. Eminem called grammys out years ago. So many other artists just simply dgaf about grammys – Miley, Mariah, Eminem, The Weeknd, ye etc. 

To me, all these awards shows (in this case grammys) is more about connections rather than about actuall talent otherwise Mariah, Whitney or Tina Turner would have more grammys and now we have Taylor Swift who is a basic pop girl (not saying that she doesn't deserve the grammys – folklore was / is amazing) but those former are better vocalist, singers, Mariah also produces her stuff, while Taylor excels at songwriting and playing instruments only.

Another example, Grammy's 2018: Best Pop Solo Performance in which won Ed with the most basic pop song of his career. Why? There's plenty of other deep, touchy, personal songs with meaning but they gave it to Ed, therefore, it's not even about deep lyrics, strong stories, politics, comments about society etc.

"Shape of You" – Ed Sheeran

"Love So Soft" – Kelly Clarkson

"Praying" – Kesha

"Million Reasons" – Lady Gaga

"What About Us" – Pink

As for me, personally, I'd say I like these awards show only for performances, otherwise art is subjective and there is no best at this, best at that category. Maybe it's time to stop focusing on validation of others and just enjoy music. (: 

Edited by Groundbreaking
  • Like 2

It‘s so obvious that the Grammys are a Fake- Show. There‘s literally no way Beyonce and Taylor Swift ( i am NOT discrediting these both) won SOOOOO many Grammy‘s while all the others and also the greatest female Icon‘s of all time not won any or just a few…. 

Mariah, Whitney, Celine, Janet, Britney, Xtina, Tina Turner, Madonna….just to name a few… 

• Like 2
On 2/7/2023 at 2:48 PM, Emil87 said:

You’re aware this is isn’t the Video Music Awards, right? Videos are irrelevant in this case. But if we are going there, in 2004 Britney was the ONLY female artist nominated for both Best Female Video and Video of the Year. Yet Beyonce ended up winning Best Female Video. How in tf does that make any sense? Care to explain that? 

Right. No one is solely talking about music videos tho. But again Beyonce POURS into her projects and it SHOWS through all her expressions which are song, performances and visuals. Why are we acting like it doesn’t matter. They aid in a single performing better on the charts right? And the 2nd half doesn’t matter cuz you’re talking about VMA’s to which it’s solely about the videos.

9 hours ago, Mr. AmericanDream said:

Right. No one is solely talking about music videos tho. But again Beyonce POURS into her projects and it SHOWS through all her expressions which are song, performances and visuals. Why are we acting like it doesn’t matter. They aid in a single performing better on the charts right? And the 2nd half doesn’t matter cuz you’re talking about VMA’s to which it’s solely about the videos.

I was replying to the user that was referencing Beyoncé’s music videos and how she puts her blood, sweat, and tears into them. And I think it’s bs that an iconic video like “Toxic” lost to a forgettable MV like “Naughty Girl”.

22 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Now when you put it that way

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Nobody could evah, including the early 2021 legacy act- @Henry.

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

PurrrT

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

22 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Outsold us in BANS, u mean?

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

You can enjoy raking in those replies from a news-related thread that's as old as time but u could never have a 150+ replies thread on an unpopular opinion thread like Joshy and I, which is VERY hard to get, NOT everyone has to their credit

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Not ha being on vacation as we speakT

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

He can stay making those "what's your favorite Track 3 from each Britney album" threads since he's too much of a britard to troll his fave

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Not everyone can have their "Erotica" momenT like us 

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Not ha being on vacation as we speakT

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

NOT Vacation :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow: I am afraid he was told to VACATE Hx1YSjS.gif

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

5 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

He can stay making those "what's your favorite Track 3 from each Britney album" threads since he's too much of a britard to troll his fave

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Not everyone can have their "Erotica" momenT like us 

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Not him dragging me for generic threads, his audaciTy

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Just now, Blackout2006 said:

NOT Vacation :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow: I am afraid he was told to VACATE Hx1YSjS.gif

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Not him dragging me for generic threads, his audaciTy

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

He can stay on ATRL with those generic threads as far as I'm concerned 

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Just now, Blackout2006 said:

2,800,000 copies sold oh wow OH WOW, it's your fourth comeback era for me. The Madonna of Exhale 

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

3,200,000 actually, r@+ :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

I need 2,800,000 more units for a gold verification NNNN the way this thread would have been DIAMOND by now in Exhale's 2020 economy but here we are instead 

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Emil87 said:

I was replying to the user that was referencing Beyoncé’s music videos and how she puts her blood, sweat, and tears into them. And I think it’s bs that an iconic video like “Toxic” lost to a forgettable MV like “Naughty Girl”.

That was me…lol. And again you’re talking about the VMA’s where it’s solely about the video the discussion was about Grammy’s and how they come to the conclusion of what project will get one. My argument was the CONSISTENT treatment Bey gives her music. I do think Toxic deserved multiple VMA’s

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block