Beyoncé has 32 Grammys. Christina has 5. Shakira has 3. Britney only has 1. Why?

Message added by GlitterRain,

Please engage within this thread respectfully, even if disagreeing with a user. 

1 minute ago, Joshyworld said:

In case you’re wanting to pull another excuse out of your ***, @KrisJ.spacer.png

“She’s a hard worker” - maybe her 100+ writing camp team is and the producers that collab with her to steal other artists samples. 

You fail to address the fact her father is on the Grammy committee and has been for decades - what a coincidence :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

It was also quite convenient that she was shoehorned into the R’n’b AND dance categories this year pushing out other legitimate artists - also failing to note that the dance Grammy was televised because she was going to “win” it when it hasn’t been televised before.

It’s all fakery, connections and fraudulence with her. :trash_throw_away_recycle:
But keep up your pathetic Britney dragging efforts when you know all too well what she’s been through for 14+ years. You don’t see us going onto a hive forum and posting about Beyoncè - what does that say about you? :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, senammoises said:

Overprotected deserved that grammy. Toxic soty maybe. Blackout best pop vocal album and gimme more best dance recording. Anything from circus to glory wasn't grammy worthy. 

Overprotected didn’t deserve a Grammy. It sounds like it was mad for a soundtrack which it was. Toxic of course deserved a Grammy and probably even more than it was nominated for, it genuinely is a pop classic and very skillfully crafted with its eerie sounding strings and electronic effects and baseline. It combines a magnitude of sounds and samples in such a unique way to create a pop track that is fully Britney’s. Gimmie More deserved the same award and while I don’t think Britney had a chance for album of the year in 2007, she should have been nominated for that category. Circus easily could’ve been submitted as a song on its own, the production is stellar. 

• Love 3
Just now, senammoises said:

Overprotected deserved that grammy. Toxic soty maybe. Blackout best pop vocal album and gimme more best dance recording. Anything from circus to glory wasn't grammy worthy. 

That’s hard to say. Wasn’t she up against Norah Jones for ‘Overprotected’? It was tough competition. And I’m sorry but “Blackout” is not worthy of ‘Best Pop Vocal Album’. Not when many of the songs sound like demos and certainly not when she’s literally off-key in many of the tracks. Her only ‘Best Pop Album’ GRAMMY worthy material is “Oops” and “Britney” which ironic enough, were nominated in the ‘Best Pop Vocal Album’ categories. They are her most consistent albums to date.

• Like 1
Just now, GlitterRain said:

You do better by not creating ridiculous threads like this. 

Keep it up spacer.png

I got your stamp of approval however.
spacer.png

Also, only one hour in and it’s already the hottest thread of the day bringing in plenty of traffic. Regardless, the chokehold Beyoncé has on these Britney stans never fails to amaze me. Say thank you, Joshyworld.

spacer.png

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

“She’s a hard worker” - maybe her 100+ writing camp team is and the producers that collab with her to steal other artists samples. 

You fail to address the fact her father is on the Grammy committee and has been for decades - what a coincidence :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

It was also quite convenient that she was shoehorned into the R’n’b AND dance categories this year pushing out other legitimate artists - also failing to note that the dance Grammy was televised because she was going to “win” it when it hasn’t been televised before.

It’s all fakery, connections and fraudulence with her. :trash_throw_away_recycle:
But keep up your pathetic Britney dragging efforts when you know all too well what she’s been through for 14+ years. You don’t see us going onto a hive forum and posting about Beyoncè - what does that say about you? :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

Not entertaining this word salad other than Beyoncé is the hardest working female artist over the last 20 years and is extremely consistent with her craft. Sampling music /= stealing. Her father being on the committee out of thousands of other names doesn’t hold any value either. Also, I want you to know that before I’m a Beyoncé fan, I am a Britney fan but nice try. spacer.png

• Love 1
Just now, GlitterRain said:

That’s the point of it being scandalous. Is that it doesn’t happen normally and I don’t believe Madonna had a father or family member on the board for the Grammys. 

Omg. Stop with her father. Her father is only 1 person on the voting committee.  Not only that, but matthew has no real power considering anything musically he has worked on outside of beyonce, has been a fail. Yall act like hes quincy jones lol. Technically any producer or songwriter can vote. 

• Like 2

Grammy winners are voted by people in the industry not the public. The industry people don’t take her seriously. She doesn’t write a lot of her own music, she lip syncs on stage a lot and she’s been known to either rely heavily on background singers or have heavily edited vocals. I love her but it’s the truth and the insiders know it. If she ever came out with a powerful vocal album that she is heavily involved in writing and producing then I think they would possibly let her win one more…

Plus… people like Beyoncé buy half their Grammys.. just sayin. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

That’s the point of it being scandalous. Is that it doesn’t happen normally and I don’t believe Madonna had a father or family member on the board for the Grammys. 

Did you forget? Poptimism and female music empowerment wasn’t a trend until 2008 hence why artists from Madonna, Mariah and Britney’s generation weren’t recognized with a plethora of Grammy awards. Also, pop categories have generally been more competitive than others. Many of Beyoncé’s wins came from the R&B categories which is a lot less competitive.

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

But you do believe Beyoncé buy them? Why? Cause she is black? Why not buy AOTY, so? 

That makes no sense, is just pure hate! One can say the Grammys are obscure, their choices are usually biased and they have their favoritism. That’s a possible argument to make! But when you accuse a black woman of stealing an award she won, that says all we know to know about yourself!

Edited by TomasBR
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
Just now, Joshyworld said:

Did you forget? Poptimism and female music empowerment wasn’t a trend until 2008 hence why artists from Madonna, Mariah and Britney’s generation weren’t recognized with a plethora of Grammy awards. Also, pop categories has generally been more competitive than others. Many of Beyoncé’s wins came from the R&B categories which is a lot less competitive.

Madonna and Britney both deserve more Grammys. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, TomasBR said:

But you do believe Beyoncé buy them? Why? Cause she is black? Why not buy AOTY, so? 

That makes no sense, is just pure hate! One can say the Grammys are obscure, their choices are usually biased and they have their favoritism. That’s a possible argument to make! But when you accuse a black woman of stealing an award she won, that says all we know to know about yourself!

Omg huh? I-

what does race have to do with anything? Not everyone has to like Beyoncé. It doesn’t make them a racist. Sit down :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, GlitterRain said:

Omg huh? I-

what does race have to do with anything? Not everyone has to like Beyoncé. It doesn’t make them a racist. Sit down :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

You are not liking or disliking, you’re accusing her of stealing… and when someone suggests why some white artist (like Madonna) don’t do it, you came out saying “it’s just Beyoncé”.

Sounds racist to me! 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block