Beyoncé has 32 Grammys. Christina has 5. Shakira has 3. Britney only has 1. Why?

Message added by GlitterRain,

Please engage within this thread respectfully, even if disagreeing with a user. 

40 minutes ago, Matou said:

Grammys means nothing. It's just the industry celebrating itself :clown_meme__makeup_green:

If they don't mean nothing, why does it get gays pressed every year when or if their fave doesn't win? 1002852653_undefined-Imgur.thumb.gif.aea4fd71213126d205a0567aabc053be.gif

37 minutes ago, Loosenupthosebuttons said:

Bc they sing live 

That makes me wonder. Had Britney not lip synced at the 2000 GRAMMYs, would there have been a better chance of her having more? 1002852653_undefined-Imgur.thumb.gif.aea4fd71213126d205a0567aabc053be.gif

36 minutes ago, Kevney said:

please grow up and stop coming these two women

Except four women listed in the OP and they happened to be Britney's main pop peers (except for Avril who didn't win any). Not my fault this forum gravitated towards focusing on Beyonce instead. 1002852653_undefined-Imgur.thumb.gif.aea4fd71213126d205a0567aabc053be.gif

1 hour ago, Lolai said:

I was simply stating that I found the critique of Beyoncé has racist undertones on this forum.  I did not call anyone a rascist.  This thread got closed because of "the unhinged Beyst fans are now spouting “racism”.  I live in 2023 and did not know it was even possible to "spout" or be "unhinged" about rascism. I don't even know what a beehive is. I am a member of a Britney Spears fan forum. The last song of Beyoncé I listened to was "drunk in love".

Why is a thread closed because of that? I don't think the discussion would go out of control at all; my comment was well-written, thought through and understandable. Bringing up the term racism should not make a thread be closed.

There should be space to have a somewhat intellectual discussion even on a pop-forum.

You all know that Beyoncé gets waaaay more **** on this forum than Taylor Swift for example. It is a fact. You can all tell. I want to correct something when I see wrong. I just called it like it is. I see a lot of bigotry in this fan group.

Very well said. Unfortunately, many members on here don't seem to be able to hold articulate or have very meaningful discussions. Some do, but the majority don't. And yes, there is a lot of bigotry in this fanbase. Many members simply gravitate towards trashing or hating on any artist who's currently having some form of success. Case in point -- Beyoncé breaking a Grammy record last night. 

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Love 2

We should be talking about Beyoncé's VOICE, not the ridiculous and disproportionate praise she gets for every breath she takes. Her voice in Renaissance is sooo beautiful and mature and at ease. I think that's important because it shows she hasn't lost her way in all the pop mania, and also to reinforce a message that is important: If you're diligent, you get better with time. Why do I point out this? Because now the world disregards anyone over 30, just when people who work hard actually start getting better and better. No newbie could record an album like Renaissance.

Edited by bitbitboi
WWW.THENATIONALNEWS.COM

As a number of big-name artists hit out at this year's nominations, we look into the voting process
161419113.jpg?w=1200&h=630&fit=crop&crop
WWW.BUSTLE.COM

With the Grammy Awards right around the corner, you're probably up-to-date on the nominees and have engaged in a few healthy debates over who will come away with the most...

WWW.THENATIONALNEWS.COM

As a number of big-name artists hit out at this year's nominations, we look into the voting process

It is not so complicated. It works more or less the same as the Academy Awards. Peers voting for peers. A proccess like that can also lead to controversies. Just as in Andrea Riseborough's nominee for best actress.

andrea-riseborough.jpg?quality=85&w=1200
TIME.COM

Riseborough’s nomination prompted extra scrutiny from the Academy over whether her grassroots campaign broke any rules

We all know the stunning Michelle Yeoh is gonna get the big win. But maybe Ana de Armas and Andrea Riseborough took away Danielle Deadwyler chance of getting nominated. 

There was also the big Golden Globes scandal:

1078647490.jpg
WWW.VOX.COM

These days, the chaos is way more than the open bar.

So no, just no. There is no way Beyoncé can just buy a nominee or an award. It does not work like that. If it was, the press would investigate like they did with the Golden Globes and the Andrea Riseborough case.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
41 minutes ago, Lolai said:

I was simply stating that I found the critique of Beyoncé has racist undertones on this forum.  I did not call anyone a rascist.  This thread got closed because of "the unhinged Beyst fans are now spouting “racism”.  I live in 2023 and did not know it was even possible to "spout" or be "unhinged" about rascism. I don't even know what a beehive is. I am a member of a Britney Spears fan forum. The last song of Beyoncé I listened to was "drunk in love".

Why is a thread closed because of that? I don't think the discussion would go out of control at all; my comment was well-written, thought through and understandable. Bringing up the term racism should not make a thread be closed.

There should be space to have a somewhat intellectual discussion even on a pop-forum.

You all know that Beyoncé gets waaaay more **** on this forum than Taylor Swift for example. It is a fact. You can all tell. I want to correct something when I see wrong. I just called it like it is. I see a lot of bigotry in this fan group.

If users can’t speak freely and state their opinions without being labeled as racist or being called names, it’s not appropriate nor fair to allow the conversation to continue.

Speak your opinions and share your thoughts but keep your racist allegations to yourself. You think because someone thinks Beyoncé isn’t deserving of all her 32 Grammys, it makes them some type of racist or have racist undertones? Sit down please, it’s very tiring. 

When a thread starts to go south and negativity is being shared through the thread, yes it will get locked. I apologize that you disagree with this but if you noticed as you are still able to comment, I then unlocked it to allow users to continue discussing this. Why you’re still bringing up the racist bit again is beyond me. One thing that drives me nuts is someone being called a racist because they don’t like Beyoncé and it will not be tolerated.

Users are just as entitled to not enjoy Beyoncé or approve of matters pertaining to her just as much as users are allowed to stan her on here. When it goes too far, yes it should be shut down. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, IJustWantHer2BeHAPPY said:

Because Britney has everything for get normal real music awards and people like Beyonka has money for fake paid music "awards". I just hope you wake up and realize that Grammy is not real award from fans, but from 500 people you can bribe :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

I would much rather TRUST a committee of experienced people over a bunch of insane fans. Also, there is no such thing as "paid awards" in the GRAMMYs. Beyoncé is obviously a hard worker and smart businesswomen withcontinuous and consistent bodies of work. Also, the 'R&B' categories have less competition than the 'Pop' categories which if I'm not mistaken are where the majority of her awards have been given to.

34 minutes ago, IJustWantHer2BeHAPPY said:

Especially when you see every year winning Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj & etc girl-stfu.gif

Uh...Nicki and Justin have been in the mainstream market since the late 2000s and they only have a total of two awards combined. Nicki doesn't even have a Grammy. "Every year winning". Literally where? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

I would much rather TRUST a committee of experienced people over a bunch of insane fans. Also, there is no such thing as "paid awards" in the GRAMMYs. Beyoncé is obviously a hard worker and smart businesswomen withcontinuous and consistent bodies of work. Also, the 'R&B' categories have less competition than the 'Pop' categories which if I'm not mistaken are where the majority of her awards have been given to.

Uh...Nicki and Justin have been in the mainstream market since the late 2000s and they only have a total of two awards combined. Nicki doesn't even have a Grammy. "Every year winning". Literally where? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Then they all have realy bad music taste when untalented people wins every year Grammy :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Just now, GlitterRain said:

If users can’t speak freely and state their opinions without being labeled as racist or being called names, it’s not appropriate nor fair to allow the conversation to continue.

Speak your opinions and share your thoughts but keep your racist allegations to yourself. You think because someone thinks Beyoncé isn’t deserving of all her 32 Grammys, it makes them some type of racist or have racist undertones? Sit down please, it’s very tiring. 

When a thread starts to go south and negativity is being shared through the thread, yes it will get locked. I apologize that you disagree with this but if you noticed as you are still able to comment, I then unlocked it to allow users to continue discussing this. Why you’re still bringing up the racist bit again is beyond me. One thing that drives me nuts is someone being called a racist because they don’t like Beyoncé and it will not be tolerated.

Users are just as entitled to not enjoy Beyoncé or approve of matters pertaining to her just as much as users are allowed to stan her on here. When it goes too far, yes it should be shut down. 

I have never called anyone racist. When Beyoncé is discussed on this forum, yes, I do think she is getting more criticised than other white pop stars. That is my opinion.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, IJustWantHer2BeHAPPY said:

Then they all have realy bad music taste when untalented people wins every year Grammy :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

What is your definition of talented people then? Because there is a plethora of talented artists (some you probably never even heard of) being awarded every year. Make it make sense. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

I was referring to Madonna not having a family member working with the Grammys? Did you read that properly or :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: clearly not. Beyoncé does therefore making it possible. 

Stay bothered :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Many of madonna producers and friends are on the voting committee. Thefore its possible for madonna too lol 

Tbh, as someone pointed out, beyonce usually has wins in very minor categories. Most of them arent even televised. And another thing that helps beyonce is that shes a crossover artist. She can qualify for R&B, pop, hiphop, heck possibly even gospel if she decided to go there. But that opens the door to more nominations and wins.  Britney  literally only has pop and dance. That slims britneys chances of winning, especially if it's competitive. which it was back when she was being nominated

• Like 1
Just now, OutofKontrol said:

Many of madonna producers and friends are on the voting committee. Thefore its possible for madonna too lol 

Tbh, as someone pointed out, beyonce usually has wins in very minor categories. Most of them arent even televised. And another thing that helps beyonce is that shes a crossover artist. She can qualify for R&B, pop, hiphop, heck possibly even gospel if she decided to go there. But that opens the door to more nominations and wins.  Britney  literally only has pop and dance. That slims britneys chances of winning, especially if it's competitive. which it was back when she was being nominated

Basically this.

/ENDTHREAD

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

The vocal on this alone should tell people why Britney has less Grammy's than Beyonce and Pink.

HD] Britney Spears, Beyonce & Pink - We Will Rock You (Pepsi) on Make a GIF

This commercial honestly would have been the perfect opportunity for Britney to showcase her deep, soulful voice. P!nk and Beyonce with their strong powerhouse voices didn't do her any favors either. 

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Love 2
Just now, Joshyworld said:

This commercial honestly would have been the perfect opportunity for Britney to showcase her deep voice. P!nk and Beyonce with their strong powerhouse voices didn't do her any favors either. 

For sure, Us Britney fans know Britney's voice more than the GP and more than many artists that listen to her commercial songs.

I think if Britney just sang her best on her songs since Shes going to lip anyway would be a better choice.

It's silly when she's bopping around on-stage lipping to the robotic songs lol. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Dreamer26 said:

It crazy to me that Unholy is Grammy worthy song but Hold me closer not. İt was just a stupid fun gay club song. No way Kim's vocals good enough for Grammys but Britney's not.

It can often be about behind the scenes private performances, knowing the right people, campaigning through the grapevine, with the right handshakes. Britney unfortunately never treated like a real artist from her team and record companies. They didn't give her creative freedom. She didn't receive real support budget for that kind of campaigns. They just want her to be s** kitten and only care about fast money. 

So Grammys r a scam. Scammys. But Britney's team was the biggest scam.

As much as I love HMC you can't really even hear Britney and Elton on this song, the mix isn't giving what it could.

I as a Britney fan love the song, but most people that've heard the song don't even know the lyrics and it sounds strange. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Because she buys them and you know what, there isn't enough black representation anyway and most white people get away with so much more because of their white privilege. So I say, slay and cashay for some grammy's. :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

Accusing Beyonce of buying awards sis when you have ZERO proof of that is defamation boo.

You think Beyonce needs to buy a Grammy when shes being paid 24 million for a 1 hour show. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block