Disney debuts “The Little Mermaid” Live Action First Look

bbbsss

I have nothing against Halle Berry in the role, she looks beautiful and honestly sounds close to the original actress.

What I AM against is them doing this movie period. These live action remakes are always soulless garbage, Disney make new movies and stop re-hashing your golden years.

So glad I stopped supporting this company. Disney is such an evil, greedy company that needs to stop buying everything. Also have y'all forgot they supported Anti-Gay bills? They literally give no s-hits about the LGBTQ+ community and only pretend to to get your money. No thanks! :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

Sorry if I seem like I'm overreacting but Disney makes me blood boil :trash_throw_away_recycle:

• Like 1

I LOVE it. 

I just wish the hair was more red, and moved more in the water  (if you go find the leak of part of your world scene, it doesn't move much under the water but in the animation it was very fluid and animated 💖) annnd I wish her top was still made from two shells. 

Other than that it looks gorgeous. I love the new vocals on Part of your world. Her voice is so stunning 😍😍😍

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
35 minutes ago, Benjamyn said:

I LOVE it. 

I just wish the hair was more red, and moved more in the water  (if you go find the leak of part of your world scene, it doesn't move much under the water but in the animation it was very fluid and animated 💖) annnd I wish her top was still made from two shells. 

Other than that it looks gorgeous. I love the new vocals on Part of your world. Her voice is so stunning 😍😍😍

They did keep her top purple though! I think they made everything more modern because even the tail isn’t the exact same. Ariel has her basic tail and just the two fins. Halle has fins on her tail and she also has the fins at the end but hers show more than two. It looks more futuristic. It even looks like they added some pinks and purples throughout her tail, it’s beautiful but definitely not the same. Literally nobody has mentioned it but everyone is upset over her hair not being as vibrant red as the original.

I suspect the official movie will have her with more vibrant red hair when she’s coming out of the water at the end with the sparkly dress and has legs like in the original. It will be more of an homage type of moment I feel like. I don’t think Disney wanted a vibrant red because they absolutely easily could have… We will just have to wait and see! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ExXL said:

Aladdin was supposed to be Indian, the mermaid is ....well a mermaid! Who said mermaids are European?? It's a mythical creature not a prime minister in Finland in the 60's , make your words make sense at least.....

It makes sense! 

I didn't say she has to be european, but the old Disney one was european... 

I mean: 

spacer.png

But she looks more like: 

spacer.png

And i can't stand that, i like diversity, but it has to be the right place for it. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, KylieLanguage said:

Lol what? Anastasia is a Don Blueth movie, not Disney :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

It’s Disney now, they bought 20th Century Fox, which produced/owned Anastasia but you’re correct, it was not originally a Disney film. 

I personally don’t think it counts just cause Disney is buying up every single damn thing :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Alexanda said:

It makes sense! 

I didn't say she has to be european, but the old Disney one was european... 

I mean: 

spacer.png

But she looks more like: 

spacer.png

And i can't stand that, i like diversity, but it has to be the right place for it. 

Literally who cares. She’s going to make a beautiful Ariel. Sit down :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: 

Why don’t you find a bright red wig and tail so you can finally be your ideal Ariel yourself :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block