Disney debuts “The Little Mermaid” Live Action First Look

bbbsss

17 minutes ago, officialmaurice said:

So because of their past, they can’t grow/improve in the future. Got ya. 

n yes, I’m sure the kids are the KEY demographic lol

n if Britney released 6 bad albums, this forum wouldn’t exist 😂 

im not at all banking on the success of this movie but all of this fire over a clip is like AHHHHH. We just don’t wait for final products huh

Lol of course they can improve. I just don't think they will. I already hate how the colors look. I'm always happy when a movie is good so I hope I'm wrong, I just don't think I will be.

3 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Lol of course they can improve. I just don't think they will. I already hate how the colors look. I'm always happy when a movie is good so I hope I'm wrong, I just don't think I will be.

I agree COMPLETELY about the colors but it’s just the first (public) edit. I’m sure they saw EVERYONE had something to say about the muted scheme. I think it’s just muted for that sequence until she gets to land. But yea, I need RED!

2 hours ago, officialmaurice said:

I agree COMPLETELY about the colors but it’s just the first (public) edit. I’m sure they saw EVERYONE had something to say about the muted scheme. I think it’s just muted for that sequence until she gets to land. But yea, I need RED!

They didn't care about any other criticism for trailers in the past what makes you think this will be different?

On 9/11/2022 at 4:11 AM, bbbsss said:

Because people wanted to see someone who actually resembles the ORIGINAL character from the 1989 cartoon, which Halle does not. What is there so hard to understand?

:tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

I said a LOGICAL reasoning, not a personal one. Which, you’ve yet to do. Ariel was a FICTIONAL MERMAID CHARACTER. You act like Halle is portraying an actual human public figure, such as Marilyn Monroe or something. Mermaids don’t have any sort of racial classification. 

• Love 1
On 9/11/2022 at 7:18 PM, ExXL said:

Maybe you can't stand it and you "like diversity" but I personally prefer the black version but I guess you can't accept other people's opinions.... 

Good for you, but you started it with "My opinion doesn't make sense", which wasn't really the case. 

I have no issues with your opinion. 

2 hours ago, SouthernOreo said:

I said a LOGICAL reasoning, not a personal one. Which, you’ve yet to do. Ariel was a FICTIONAL MERMAID CHARACTER. You act like Halle is portraying an actual human public figure, such as Marilyn Monroe or something. Mermaids don’t have any sort of racial classification. 

Exactly. That’s all I wish everyone would understand. 

Johnny Depp enters the chat lol like  c’mon

7 hours ago, SouthernOreo said:

My explanation of people wanting to see an original character come to live is LOGICAL, whether you personally agree with it or not,  since it’s a live adaptation of a 1989 cartoon, and not an original brand new story about a black mermaid. Again, this has nothing to do with race, but keep reaching. 

:chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Like 1
On 9/10/2022 at 1:03 PM, bbbsss said:

Ariana would have been an excellent choice. She’s got the looks, the voice and the actual acting experience. If Disney wanted to be inclusive, they should’ve cast Queen Latifah as Ursula. 

spacer.png

It’s not about inclusivity it’s about the fact that Halle had the best audition so she was picked for the role:jlostare_jennifer_lopez_staring_blink:

ariana grande did not audition and she’s also way to recognizable to play a Disney princess

Just saying this is what happening, look at this B's.

You can't tell me racism is part of the motivation.

Irony it's only men. Every mother I know (minority is not race) But don't like the remakes (but they admit it's not for their generation, and is Disney doing business to keep the intellectual property once the animated One expired, this one won't)

But men on the other hand aren't happy..

10 hours ago, SouthernOreo said:

OK, I don't wanna see anyone complaining about Mulan or Pocahontas race when it comes to cast, since they are Disney fictional characters.... oooh but you all already did it with Mulan lol :icant_toxic_britney_window_jump_fall:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block